General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

This is what the right wing media have been an overwhelming success at.  They have managed to convince people like you (and for a while me) that all the lazy scroungers are to blame and we should crack down on them.  At the same time they failed to mention that their right wing billionaire owners are involved in tax avoidance.  

Basically forget the tax avoidance schemes used by billionaires that cost the economy billions in lost revenue, but blame the poor person in the street.  

Tbf, there's a major difference between benefits fraud and tax avoidance.  For a start, benefits fraud is illegal whereas tax avoidance is bending the rule book without actually breaking the law.  The problem is that the Tories love making the latter easier for folk like myself that run ltd companies and can have higher personal allowances, lower corporation tax etc etc.

Edited by Hedgecutter

3 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

This is what the right wing media have been an overwhelming success at.  They have managed to convince people like you (and for a while me) that all the lazy scroungers are to blame and we should crack down on them.  At the same time they failed to mention that their right wing billionaire owners are involved in tax avoidance.  

Basically forget the tax avoidance schemes used by billionaires that cost the economy billions in lost revenue, but blame the poor person in the street.  

I don't disagree with anything you say about billionaires.

But you have to agree there is a lot of people quite happy to live life on benefits. Obviously I see it first hand and it really annoys me when I am going to work at half nine at night to do a nightshift when he is sat in his flat, drinking and watching sky tv paid for by the taxpayers. 

25 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Yep - and it's ridiculous. The way people have talked about this election you'd think that if the "wrong person" wins we'd be as well committing mass suicide. 

The reality is that whomever wins the world will continue to turn. The temperature of the political debate needs lowering considerably. 

Pish. The gas needed turning UP.

IMO, this is the most important election in my lifetime.

1 minute ago, renton said:

That's Joanna Cherry got another vote.

Polling station looking quite busy. 

Her office on Dundee Road had quite a few people in it earlier when I passed. Sadly this journey took me to the Tesco Metro on Holy Corner where there were people outside badgering folk

1 minute ago, Millarman said:

I don't disagree with anything you say about billionaires.

But you have to agree there is a lot of people quite happy to live life on benefits. Obviously I see it first hand and it really annoys me when I am going to work at half nine at night to do a nightshift when he is sat in his flat, drinking and watching sky tv paid for by the taxpayers. 

I hope he has been paying attention to your shift pattern and robs you of everything you have at the next opportunity. And shits on your mantelpiece.

1 minute ago, Stinky Bone said:

I agree that there is a difference, but both are morally wrong.  The financial costs of benefit fraud are a lot lower than those of tax avoidance.  

Yet Tory governments keep the status quo and consistently target the little man.  Absolutely no self interest in that one whatsoever.  :rolleyes: