General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

The parties know that too. I can't remember whether it was the SNP or Labour who highlighted that benefit fraud was less than taxation fraud so we should spend less time going after benefit fraudsters. 

That would seem to make mathematical sense as far as resource prioritisation goes. I'm sure you're going to tell me why it doesn't and 2 is somehow less than 1. 

Edited by carpetmonster

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

Off you go and Google yourself up a wee storm then. It'll be as good as your Alex Neil one where you disproved your own assertion immediately by doing so. 

Have you even looked at the history of the USA? You know that the Democrats were the party that supported slavery don't you? 

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

That would seem to make mathematical sense as far as resource prioritisation goes. I'm sure you're going to tell me why it doesn't and 2 is somehow less than 1. 

We should go after crime wherever it is committed. The idea that we let people off with benefit fraud should be ridiculous to everyone. 

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Do you think it is okay for people that could work but are just too lazy or cannot be bothered is okay ? 

It is people that do work paying for them.

7 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Get tae f*ck wi’ this Hochdeutsch pish.
Romansch if you please.

Mini opa schlägt ned ins krieg so da i Romanisch sprächen.

Is about as much Swiss German as I can manage on that subject.

Just now, Millarman said:

Do you think it is okay for people that could work but are just too lazy or cannot be bothered is okay ? 

It is people that do work paying for them.

I think if tax evasion is more costly to the public purse than benefit fraud, then anti-corruption resources should be focused towards tax evasion, as that will bring back more revenue to the public purse. 

Just now, carpetmonster said:

I think if tax evasion is more costly to the public purse than benefit fraud, then anti-corruption resources should be focused towards tax evasion, as that will bring back more revenue to the public purse. 

Do you apply the same logic to other sections of the law? Should housebreakers not be pursued because there are paedophiles out there? Should the police turn a blind eye to drug dealing and muggings because some people are getting stabbed? That's the logic, or lack of it, you appear to be applying here. You seem to be saying that benefit cheats should be let off cause some rich people manage to cheat the tax system. 

Just now, carpetmonster said:

That is not what I asked you. I do agree with you about tax evasion.

What do you think of the kind of person I mentioned in my question to you ?

Just now, hearthammer said:

I shamelessly re-post this for wee malky and the "daein' fine wi' the tories - thank you" crowd.

Fascinating. 

Do you know what? I think people who have to rely on celebrities, comedians, pop stars, and actors for their political opinions are pretty stupid people. Not that I have a particularly high opinion of you to begin with. 

1 minute ago, Millarman said:

That is not what I asked you. I do agree with you about tax evasion.

What do you think of the kind of person I mentioned in my question to you ?

He would have made a good character in a mid 90's sitcom.

3 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Do you apply the same logic to other sections of the law? Should housebreakers not be pursued because there are paedophiles out there? Should the police turn a blind eye to drug dealing and muggings because some people are getting stabbed? That's the logic, or lack of it, you appear to be applying here. You seem to be saying that benefit cheats should be let off cause some rich people manage to cheat the tax system. 

Away back to Googling so that you can tell me how Pete Buttigieg is a homophobe and AOC's a misogynist in 10 minutes time. You know yourself you're talking shite here. Give me a big reveal. Come on Malky. I'm tired of the tease with the stocking tops. Get the bacon sandwich out. 

Although to address your point, given Tory police cuts, yes, I'd like the remaining coppers out there to pay more attention to paedophiles than drug dealers. 

Edited by carpetmonster