General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Surprised at the number of people I know “tactically” voting for Richard Arkless today. Absolute scenes in the D&G if he punts the billionaire backed arsehole, Scottish Secretary Alister Jack.

Hector will be turning in his grave.

Fingers crossed my old home town surprises us all [emoji106]

19 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Surprised at the number of people I know “tactically” voting for Richard Arkless today. Absolute scenes in the D&G if he punts the billionaire backed arsehole, Scottish Secretary Alister Jack.

YouGov have 8% in it from their fancy poll, a bit down on what the last majority is. It's not insurmountable, there's always a few of that sort of lead that catch people by surprise on election night.

In their data, only Mundell looks safe in the Tory holds, Jardine in Edinburgh West for the Lib Dems, whilst the SNP have around 24 that would look absolutely safe. It looks like Scotland will have a lot down to the wire, I wouldn't be confident about predicting it this year. There's 33 seats there that are being predicted to be close to the margin of error.

Maybe it's just living in a safe consistency but a lot of the campaign up here has felt very tepid when we've got so many close seats. May had an initial working majority of 7 with the DUP in 2017 and there were shitloads of close parliamentary votes in the term, I think it should have been better shown up here that those few seats did make a difference in how parliament played out.

31 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

No SNP candidate for me in Liverpool, so a cross in the box for the Labour candidate instead.

Same here.

Managed to talk my partner into doing the same, despite the fact she's voted Tory all her life.  (She's English, and a wee bit slow) 

I was 8th in the queue at ten to 7. I do live in a commuter estate so perhaps not that surprising as folk tend to be away to work early but I thought it was notable. 

Mines was completely empty at half 8, save for some old woman who was determined to try and speak to everyone guarding the boxes.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

3 elections in 5 years. Could well be another one next year if it ends up as a hung parliament. Plenty of chances to change your mind, it's the sign of a healthy democracy. :)

I used to slag the Italians in here over the amount of elections they held and how often the government fell apart. It's a sorry state of affairs that I can't even do that now.

YouGov have 8% in it from their fancy poll, a bit down on what the last majority is. It's not insurmountable, there's always a few of that sort of lead that catch people by surprise on election night.
In their data, only Mundell looks safe in the Tory holds, Jardine in Edinburgh West for the Lib Dems, whilst the SNP have around 24 that would look absolutely safe. It looks like Scotland will have a lot down to the wire, I wouldn't be confident about predicting it this year. There's 33 seats there that are being predicted to be close to the margin of error.
Maybe it's just living in a safe consistency but a lot of the campaign up here has felt very tepid when we've got so many close seats. May had an initial working majority of 7 with the DUP in 2017 and there were shitloads of close parliamentary votes in the term, I think it should have been better shown up here that those few seats did make a difference in how parliament played out.

Hoping the push by The Guardian, Labour activists down south and some (but predictably not many) up here urging Labour voters to vote SNP, pays off.