General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Alex Neill said it. Go ask him. Fucking hell. It's not even my claim. 

Show us where Alex Neil said this, shouldn't be hard for you to prove his 40% figure as if a dunderheid like you knew it, I'm sure the rest of the public would be privy to this information.

Edited by dirty dingus

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

You really do pick and choose what you believe from th SNP.

I think in truth the difference is I actually listen to what they say and pay attention to what they do. I'm not a fan of Alex Neill in any way either. The one Nationalist, that is alive, that I do have time for and respect is Jim Sillars - who BTW shares Alex Neills views on Brexit and who has been a long term critic of the juxtaposition the SNP leadership put themselves into when it claimed it wanted Independence for Scotland, only to put us back under EU rule. 

Just now, Malky3 said:

I think in truth the difference is I actually listen to what they say and pay attention to what they do. I'm not a fan of Alex Neill in any way either. The one Nationalist, that is alive, that I do have time for and respect is Jim Sillars - who BTW shares Alex Neills views on Brexit and who has been a long term critic of the juxtaposition the SNP leadership put themselves into when it claimed it wanted Independence for Scotland, only to put us back under EU rule. 

shut up and show us you 40% please.

4 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Show us where Alex Neil said this, shouldn't be hard for you to prove his 40% figure as if a dunderheid like you knew it, I'm sure the rest of the public would be privy to this information.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/opinion/jenny-hjul/853065/jenny-hjul-alex-neil-and-jim-sillars-have-exploded-myth-of-snp-unity-on-brexit/

It has long been known that a large chunk of Scottish Nationalists voted to leave Europe in 2016. Estimates are about half a million, or 36% of SNP supporters.

However, the party, under Nicola Sturgeon, refuses to acknowledge this inconvenience because it confounds party policy over Brexit.

Not quite 40% and not from Alex Neill but widely quoted and never corrected. 

5 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Large chunk, estimates, supporters, from a right wing paper....I nae bother you charlatan. Ian Wood still funding SNP campaigns?

Your post - Including - according to Alex Neil of the SNP - around 40% of SNP MSP's and MPs. 

Edited by dirty dingus

23 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Large chunk, estimates, supporters, from a right wing paper....I nae bother you charlatan. Ian Wood still funding SNP campaigns?

Dear oh dear. Why ask for back up to my claims if you are going to dismiss it when done as "Right wing" nonsense?

The fact was that in 2016 the SNP didn't get involved. They only spent 13% of their EU Campaign limit.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/snp/news/81270/snp-spent-only-13-eu-referendum-campaign-limit

Hardly an indication of a party that was hard at it trying desperately to keep Scotland in the EU. 

The principle of winning a hard long fight to get political independence from Westminister, only to hand control to the EU looks extremely strange to any logical mind. 

What happened in 2016 was the SNP waited to see how Scotland voted and then sought to use that as an opportunistic stick to beat Westminster with. It was pure political opportunism - you could even claim they were quite clever in the way they executed their plan to frustrate Brexit whilst kidding on they were big Remainers. 

Oh and whilst I'm at it. 

I nae bother you charlatan

Fucking hell. With spelling like that are you even Scottish? 

Edited by Malky3

5 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Dear oh dear. Why ask for back up to my claims if you are going to dismiss it when done as "Right wing" nonsense?

The fact was that in 2016 the SNP didn't get involved. They only spent 13% of their EU Campaign limit.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/snp/news/81270/snp-spent-only-13-eu-referendum-campaign-limit

Hardly an indication of a party that was hard at it trying desperately to keep Scotland in the EU. 

The principle of winning a hard long fight to get political independence from Westminister, only to hand control to the EU looks extremely strange to any logical mind. 

What happened in 2016 was the SNP waited to see how Scotland voted and then sought to use that as an opportunistic stick to beat Westminster with. It was pure political opportunism - you could even claim they were quite clever in the way they executed their plan to frustrate Brexit whilst kidding on they were big Remainers. 

Including - according to Alex Neil of the SNP - around 40% of SNP MSP's and MPs.  prove this or f**k up.

17 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Including - according to Alex Neil of the SNP - around 40% of SNP MSP's and MPs.  prove this or f**k up.

How can I. It was Alex Neill that said it. You would have to ask him to prove it.....

3 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

There's only one contributor "kidding on" here and that's the one who's trying to manufacture some ludicrous idea that the SNP are not pro-EU.

Come off it. Even the Scottish Tories were more active in the campaign to remain. As the article I quoted points out the SNP spent more money trying to win the Glenrothes by election than it did trying to keep the UK in the EU. 

How can I. It was Alex Neill that said it. You would have to ask him to prove it.....

Prove he said 40% of MPs and/or MSPs. Give us a quote. Brexit is a tragedy after all. You’ve said that yourself.

Not voters.

3 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

Prove he said 40% of MPs and/or MSPs. Give us a quote. Brexit is a tragedy after all. You’ve said that yourself.

Not voters.

I voted to remain - unlike a lot of SNP politicians and voters. Contact Alex Neil yourself and ask him. I'm sure he'll be happy to oblige. 

I can't believe this is proving to be a controversial subject though. Just look at how ridiculous the SNP position is. They want Independence for Scotland - and for self determination. So to get that we are to leave a parliament that we are devolved from where Scotland has 59 member seats out of a possible 650, to then join an EU Parliament where our laws will be overruled, and dictated to us, where we have 8 member seats out of a total of 751. This new found independence will also see an Independent Scotland hand over all fiscal levers to the Bank of England or to the European Central Bank depending on whether we choose to use the British Pound, or the Euro. 

Surely even the most fundamental Scottish Nationalist must realise the contradiction in what their party stands for. 

6 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

Whether they spent millions or cashed in a few ginger boatles is irrelevant.

The SNP are a pro-EU party. I can't believe you are even contesting this. Why? 

https://www.snp.org/policies/pb-what-is-the-snp-s-position-on-the-eu/

That was written AFTER the result of the EU Referendum. It's part of the political opportunism that the SNP leadership have used to their advantage. I'm surprise you are too stupid to have noticed this yourself.