General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Johnson's interviews before the next GE (if he grants any) should be good, 'but you said you would get Brexit done, its not really started yet'.......'er ar ha er Faroe Islands, blah, er, great deal, growing market, blah er'

And we dont seem to have an incremental increase in police numbers, or hospitals or nurses....'blug er, well, grr, can the Great British public actually spell incremental? I mean...' wheres the fridge?

Edited by Jedi

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

Wow, some real heavyweight economies on that list...Central America, Kosovo....and not forgetting the Faroe Islands!

Thanks for confirming your total ignorance of how international trade works. Did you bother to read the section on mutual recognition?

Even with no formal EU free trade agreements, the UK has massive trade with countries such as the US, India, Australia, and Russia. 

The EU's protectionist tariffs (worse than Trump's) make our imports more expensive.

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

What time can we expect the Scottish results to start filtering through?

Thinking of staying up for it 

3 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

2am I'd say. I'll be staying up having a few beers.
Fucking love Election night!!!!!

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Yeah, I'll be getting a decent carry out in, and staying up for as long as I can.

Anyone up for a wee online party on here?

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

I’m staying up for the perty. Got a bottle of Glenmorangie and some leftover Glendronach. Plan is to roll into work in the afternoon after taking some TOIL.

1 hour ago, H Wragg said:

Britain Elects polling on this thread tomorrow night into Friday morning.

Buzzing - 100%
Deid - 0%

36 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Great!    A couple of fellow travelers.

Hopefully there'll be plenty more.

:guinness

Count me in troops!

Friday aff, no boozing though.

Mon eh SNP.

11 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Count me in troops!

Friday aff, no boozing though.

Mon eh SNP.

Welcome to the P&P big election night table where's there room for everbody (within reason)

Edited by ICTJohnboy

I don’t buy the argument that it’s OK for ‘rich people’ to vote Conservative.
There’s plenty of wealthy people who have a social conscience and are not driven by greed and self interest.
Then again you have the morons who think that because they own their own homes (often with the help of significant mortgages) and have a few quid in investments and/or pensions then their interests are aligned with the likes of Johnson, Mogg and their mega rich backers.
C*nts every one of them.
It's not "OK", far from it. It is, however, understandable. Lots of rich people become that way from treating others badly for their own ends, others are told from birth that they deserve their wealth because they're somehow better than the common herd.

10 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

It's the hope that kills you.

...and if that doesn't manage it, the Tories will.

Sadly, I have to work on Friday, but enjoy your election night, folks.

Thanks for confirming your total ignorance of how international trade works. Did you bother to read the section on mutual recognition?
Even with no formal EU free trade agreements, the UK has massive trade with countries such as the US, India, Australia, and Russia. 
The EU's protectionist tariffs (worse than Trump's) make our imports more expensive.

This is a potential argument as to why the UK should leave the EU, albeit it wasn't the one put to the voter. Unfortunately if there's anyone in Westminster that's a skilled enough negotiator to be able to tap a fag outside a boozer, they haven't made themselves known as yet.

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I wonder how many people will lose their jobs because of a no deal Brexit and how many businesses will go under as a result?

Even if Yougov's poll is correct, the Conservatives will have an overall majority of 28. Johnson would then be able to get his EU deal through Parliament. Almost all the Tory rebels have been deselected or are standing down at this election. All the Tory defectors to other parties will lose.

So why are you wondering about a highly unlikely no deal Brexit? If Johnson tried to renege on his EU deal, Tory MPs would boot him out of Number 10. It would a suicidal move that would destroy his reputation and career.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I'm almost as nervous for tomorrow as I was for the Indy vote. Tomorrow is massive. Please, don't f**k it up Scotland, again.

I'm shiting it. Completely irrational as whatever transpires, I can't change it. Gut is wrenching though and work won't be pleasant. 

3 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

So why are you wondering about a highly unlikely no deal Brexit?

Because his deadline of 31 December 2020 is non achievable.

If Johnson tried to renege on his EU deal, Tory MPs would boot him out of Number 10. It would a suicidal move that would destroy his reputation and career.

Pull the other one, it plays tunes.