General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Britain Elects polling on this thread tomorrow night into Friday morning.

Buzzing - 100%
Deid - 0%

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Sounds good. 2015 vote I managed to stay up boozing until 6am but I reckon I could go longer this time due to the dark nights (I’m not a jakey, btw, I took the Friday off work to get on it with my auld man).

Great!    A couple of fellow travelers.

Hopefully there'll be plenty more.

:guinness

6 hours ago, johnthebaptistist said:

Your point does not stand, for example you have just called me a racist, that's really not very intelegent is it ? how would you know if i was brown, black, pink or green. So take your stupid attitude and insults somewhere else.

Deliberate or not, this made me smile! 

They may get their majority tomorrow as looks likely, but it will be the beginning of the end for the Tories.

In 5 years time Brexit will still be rumbling on, either through a No Deal exit at the end of next year, or the lack of any credible trade arrangements with anyone else (oh forgot we already have the Domincan Republic to deal with). Long before then even Leave voters will realise that 'Get Brexit Done' was the biggest lie and sham of the election. Meanwhile, as the economy tanks due to lack of trade, jobs are lost, and finances squeezed, the right wing media will try to blame it all on the nasty EU, but that will be a busted flush by then.

At the same time A+E waiting lists will continue to rise, there will be a lack of hospital beds, we might see 6 (at the very most) 'new' hospitals built by the government (what happened to 40?), police numbers will fall, crime will rise, public services will be seriously underfunded as austerity mark 2 kicks in, and all the while Johnson will bumble around making racist/homophobic etc remarks, but by now the 'he's such a character lark' will have long worn thin. He will also be caught out trying to open up the NHS to American pharma (whether he gets away with it or not).

Labour will have a new leader in place, who even Leave areas in England will look to for some kind of hope....when the next GE rolls round the Tories will be heavily defeated, and hopefully the time, in the wilderness for a while.

In Scotland, an SNP victory in 2021 will increase calls for Indy Ref 2, which will be deafening by the next GE (if it doesn't happen before then). The choice will be stark between continuing with all of the above, or voting Yes this time around.

Its going to be a horrible 5 years, but by the end of it....the pain before the gain?

Edited by Jedi

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

They may get their majority tomorrow as looks likely, but it will be the beginning of the end for the Tories.

In 5 years time Brexit will still be rumbling on, either through a No Deal exit at the end of next year, or the lack of any credible trade arrangements with anyone else (oh forgot we already have the Domincan Republic to deal with). Long before then even Leave voters will realise that 'Get Brexit Done' was the biggest lie and sham of the election. Meanwhile, as the economy tanks due to lack of trade, jobs are lost, and finances squeezed, the right wing media will try to blame it all on the nasty EU, but that will be a busted flush by then.

At the same time A+E waiting lists will continue to rise, we might see 6 (at the very most) 'new' hospitals built by the government (what happened to 40?), police numbers will fall, crime will rise, public services will be seriously underfunded as austerity mark 2 kicks in, and all the while Johnson will bumble around making racist/homophobic etc remarks, but by now the 'he's such a character lark' will have long worn thin. He will also be caught out trying to open up the NHS to American pharma (whether he gets away with it or not).

Labour will have a new leader in place, who even Leave areas in England will look to for some kind of hope....when the next GE rolls round the Tories will be heavily defeated, and hopefully time, in the wilderness for a while.

In Scotland, an SNP victory in 2021 will increase calls for Indy Ref 2, which will be deafening by the next GE (if it doesn't happen before then). The choice will be stark between continuing with all of the above, or voting Yes this time around.

Its going to be a horrible 5 years, but by the end of it....

According to the BBC on Friday, 20 trade deals (covering 50 countries) have been "rolled over "- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47213842

"The 20 trade agreements the UK has reached represent just over 8% of total UK trade. That means the UK has so far rolled over about three-quarters of the EU's trade deals."

Just now, Jedi said:

'Booming' Britain 😅😅😅😅 Yeah, the deal with the Dominican Republic will really keep those fires burning.

Read the BBC article that I posted above - it debunks that crap totally. 

The EU, through the Single Market, Customs Union and the Common External Tariff, controls Britain's trade with the rest of the world.