General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To vote for them, you have to shut off the part of your conscience that tells you "I know that I am voting for a party who ideologically intend to cause other people pain" and say to yourself 'I don't care because I want to keep my money' or other various reasons.
That is the mark of a c**t.
Some of them are misled by the media etc and will be voting Tory to "get Brexit done!!", and a huge part of that is to kick "them foreigners" out of the country.
That is the mark of a racist.
It's not hard to understand.

I understand the narrative thanks. I believe it’s simplistic and in many cases wrong.

That’s the last I’ll say as it’s clearly an unwelcome view.

14 minutes ago, johnthebaptistist said:

The UK isn't on it's knees, it has been held back by undemocratic politicians and pro remain activists. Not long now and we will see the UK booming again.

Hahah Jesus...

Even with a Tory majority the UK will be trying and failing to get trade deals sorted that are as good as the current EU deals with all kinds of countries for years. Just wondering who is going to get the blame for Brexit being a massive failure. Bitter old gammons will have to turn their hatred elsewhere once they can't blame UK ineptitude on evil foreigners.

Whatever your party.

Whatever your politics.

This election will decide the direction we take over the next 5 years.

It's not just about Brexit.

It's not just about independence.

For me it's far more fundamental - it's about trust.

The past few days for me show we cannot trust the current Prime Minister or the Conservative Party.

A Prime Minister and a party who are prepared to lie about almost anything to get into power.

To peddle fake news about a fake punch.

To denigrate the mother of a 4 year old because she dared to tell the truth

Misinformation, lies, and misdirection seem to be the order of the day.

However you vote tomorrow, remember that this isn't a vote for the next 100 days, it's a vote for the next 1828 days.

If you wake up on Friday to a Johnson government then don't complain if you didn't vote or didn't use your vote wisely.

I have a lot more respect for mega wealthy Tories than for normal people who vote for them. 

The former group are motivated by protecting their own interests and at least succeed in achieving that. Low and middle earning Tory voters have the personality to kick down the way and the stupidity to end up booting themself in the baws. 

25 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

What time can we expect the Scottish results to start filtering through?

Thinking of staying up for it 

I will be going to bed early-ish and sober. (non-drinking day)

I hope to wake up to a good result and a champagne breakfast. (drinking day) 

I remember seeing the brexit result and feeling it physically .

If those lying, cheating, thieving, duplicitous, privileged, xenophobic CUUNTS win...  I won't be able to face a drink til at least tea-time. 

Edited by cyderspaceman
c***s

I don’t buy the argument that it’s OK for ‘rich people’ to vote Conservative.

There’s plenty of wealthy people who have a social conscience and are not driven by greed and self interest.

Then again you have the morons who think that because they own their own homes (often with the help of significant mortgages) and have a few quid in investments and/or pensions then their interests are aligned with the likes of Johnson, Mogg and their mega rich backers.

C*nts every one of them.

21 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

What time can we expect the Scottish results to start filtering through?

Thinking of staying up for it 

About 2 am I think, someone posted a brilliant spreadsheet on it and everything else about the election but I can't remember who. He should start his own thread if he's reading this imo.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There’s plenty of wealthy people who have a social conscience and are not driven by greed and self interest.

Then again you have the morons who think that because they own their own homes (often with the help of significant mortgages) and have a few quid in investments and/or pensions then their interests are aligned with the likes of Johnson, Mogg and their mega rich backers.

C*nts every one of them.

"The Tories in England long imagined that they were enthusiastic about monarchy, the church, and the beauties of the old English Constitution, until the day of danger wrung from them the confession that they are enthusiastic only about ground rent."

Imagine voting Tory to fix all of the problems over the last, near enough, decade....caused by the Tory government

Certainly won't be the first time. Ask John Major.

I'm sure Granny Danger can remember when it's happened before. We certainly don't do ourselves any favours.

31 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

C*nts every one of them.

It’s not okay but it’s not as pitiful as supporting them out of aspiration to be, or delusion of thinking you already are, the type of person they give a shit about.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Why do you want Brexit?

The EU is a corrupt organisation, a lot more than any political party in the UK. The UK bends over backwards to play by all their rules but a lot of mainland European countries do things to suit themselves, for example I was working in Belgium most of last year about 150 miles from the EU rulemakers, the area that we we working had a local rule that 'foreign' workers could only work 2 weeks at a time then had to leave the country for another 2 weeks before allowed to return. A similar rule was being enforced on another one of our sites in Northern Germany. The UK follows EU rules on free movement for outside workers. 

The next treaty that is on the cards will force us into a more federal EU and will remove a lot of autonomy for our governments whether at Westminster or devolved. If we stay in Europe say bye to any thought of Indyref 2.

I called you a racist enabler, ie you are enabling a racist to be PM. For someone who tries to lecture people on educational need you seem to have a reading comprehension issue. Also you spelled intelligent wrong.
It was your cock-up for not using correct punctuation.