General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, johnthebaptistist said:

Well that's your point of view, tomorrow they will be getting voted into goverment of the UK because they have enough support from people with a different point of view from yourself. I can describe the SNP in the same way, tomorrow they won't be getting voted in to govern the UK becuase more people share my viewpoint.

question mark wtf GIF

I've recently heard from a friend who will have to go into debt while waiting weeks for universal credit money coming through.  It doesn't seem like a very good system that approves and then makes you wait weeks for the much needed money.  A lot of people don't have buffer money.  The guy is in a vulnerable place and it's really not on.  Its the Tories that have let it happen.

I don't know what is really being achieved for ordinary people by voting Tory.  They couldn't give a monkeys about you.  The prime minister thought middle income people like nurses are on 70k a year.  The leadership lives on a different planet.

9 minutes ago, johnthebaptistist said:

Well that's your point of view, tomorrow they will be getting voted into goverment of the UK because they have enough support from people with a different point of view from yourself. I can describe the SNP in the same way, tomorrow they won't be getting voted in to govern the UK becuase more people share my viewpoint.

i don't think the SNP want to govern the UK, in fairness!

Today is Wednesday. Tomorrow is Thursday. Tomorrow you get to vote. Please do vote.

I cannot stress this enough though, please DO NOT vote for the Conservatives. They are genuinely evil. They believe you are beneath them, and they despise you for it. Their leadership believe that inequality is not just an inevitability but a good thing, and the suffering of the poor is a price worth paying so corporations can increase profits. They believe that racism, homophobia and all other forms of bigotry are acceptable (unless they can politically point score from them), and that immigrants are second class citizens. They do not believe in looking after the most vulnerable members of our society. They do not believe in employee or human rights, and if you work, your current entitlements such as the working time directive, will be eviscerated. They do not believe in the welfare state in any way, and people will continue to die as a result.

The public services in the UK have been run in to the ground over the last 9 years because Tories fundamentally do not believe in the greater good and do not care about the well being of the populace. If you’re in a marginal seat, vote for the most likely candidate to beat the Tory, if you’re not, vote for whoever you like. Just please:

DO NOT VOTE FOR THE FUCKING TORIES!

Edited by J_Stewart

The problem with the SNP and most of their voters is their attitude that if you vote anything else other than SNP you’re a c**t. A more progressive, welcoming approach to non-SNP voters and a less independence obsessed outlook could really help them clean up in Scotland. Their bullish, militant attitude helps nobody, and arguably cost them their Yes campaign last time.

4 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo Kink said:

The problem with the SNP and most of their voters is their attitude that if you vote anything else other than SNP you’re a c**t. A more progressive, welcoming approach to non-SNP voters and a less independence obsessed outlook could really help them clean up in Scotland. Their bullish, militant attitude helps nobody, and arguably cost them their Yes campaign last time.

I don't think people who don't vote SNP are c***s. If you are wealthy etc then I understand a vote for the Conservative party. Voting for a party which most closely satisfies your needs and beliefs is normal behaviour. For me that is the SNP.

That said, people like these most definitely are c***s...

11 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo Kink said:

Nah, it's just the Tory voters that are c***s.

It all flies over your head, dude.

Incorrect, I just think people who vote Tory are c***s.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I’ve personally had to talk people out of taking their own lives as a result of being denied universal credit and seen people take their own lives as a result of poverty imposed on them by a regime that somehow cut public spending but got us into even more fucking debt. I helped my club arrange a collection of christmas presents because last year in the area i grew up in 700 kids didnt even have a single christmas present or even a semblance of a turkey dinner or anything most of us on here would consider a normal christmas. My heart is fucking breaking that people think the tories are the answer to well, the tories. Ive tried reasoning with tories, ive tried my best to help alleviate the horrible consequences of their policies and im sorry but now im just angry, im just angry at the horrible people they are. So yes I do consider myself right on this one. Even their own former PM is of the opinion that they have gone too far.

You are right on the tories themselves. I agree, I have never voted for them and never will.

What you may well be right about but I don't agree with is the notion that anyone who votes for them is inherently a c**t or racist or whatever. It just isn't true.

It's very easy to write off and discredit everyone who you disagree with or those less educated even but it isn't for me. That is all.

19 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Today is Wednesday. Tomorrow is Thursday. Tomorrow you get to vote. Please do vote.

I cannot stress this enough though, please DO NOT vote for the SNP. They are genuinely evil. They believe you are beneath them, and they despise you for it. Their leadership believe that inequality is not just an inevitability but a good thing, and the suffering of the poor is a price worth paying so corporations can increase profits. They believe that racism, homophobia and all other forms of bigotry are acceptable (unless they can politically point score from them), and that immigrants are second class citizens. They do not believe in looking after the most vulnerable members of our society. They do not believe in employee or human rights, and if you work, your current entitlements such as the working time directive, will be eviscerated. They do not believe in the welfare state in any way, and people will continue to die as a result.

The public services in the Scotland have been run in to the ground over the last 9 years because Nats fundamentally do not believe in the greater good and do not care about the well being of the populace. If you’re in a marginal seat, vote for the most likely candidate to beat the SNP, if you’re not, vote for whoever you like. Just please:

DO NOT VOTE FOR THE FUCKING Nats!

FTFY

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You are right on the tories themselves. I agree, I have never voted for them and never will.

What you may well be right about but I don't agree with is the notion that anyone who votes for them is inherently a c**t or racist or whatever. It just isn't true.

It's very easy to write off and discredit everyone who you disagree with or those less educated even but it isn't for me. That is all.

To vote for them, you have to shut off the part of your conscience that tells you "I know that I am voting for a party who ideologically intend to cause other people pain" and say to yourself 'I don't care because I want to keep my money' or other various reasons.

That is the mark of a c**t.

Some of them are misled by the media etc and will be voting Tory to "get Brexit done!!", and a huge part of that is to kick "them foreigners" out of the country.

That is the mark of a racist.

It's not hard to understand.

Edited by HibsFan

Thanks for your input, you believe the SNP are doing Scotland proud, well done, I don't.

The SNP are doing a far better job of running Scotland than the Tories are and the Tories have been completely exposed for bringing the UK to its knees. So yeah, well done, you’re a fucking idiot.