General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

Starting to wonder if you're actually a genius level troll.

In terms of who becomes PM, voting Labour and SNP is exactly the same thing. Lib Dem probably is too, but who knows with them.

The SNP are clear second in all 13 Tory seats in Scotland.

In the 4 rural North East Tory seats, Labour didn't get above 15%. In the other 9 Tory seats, Labour didn't get above 25%. Nowhere did they get within 10% of the Tories. And that was a very considerable improvement on 2015. Labour are polling well below where they did in 2017, and even lower than 2015.

In 10 of the Tory seats, if Labour voters had voted SNP they'd have prevented the Tory from winning the seat. This would have meant that Tory+DUP couldn't have had a majority and we probably would have had a second Brexit referendum.

These are just the facts. And before you presume bias, I'm not voting SNP - but in most of those seats I probably would, because I'm not human scum. 

Your last few words betrays your lack of logic Gordon. The fact that you would class anyone as "human scum" just because they have a differing political opinion to you shows you aren't the resident IQ Champion. 

As for the rest of your post, it's silly. It proves you aren't listening. Nicola Sturgeon has been perfectly clear. She is not going into coalition with Jeremy Corbyn, and any support the SNP will give the Labour Party at Westminster would be completely conditional. More over she has stated many times that her wish is for another hung parliament at Westminster. 

Now lets consider what would happen if Jeremy Corbyn pulls off a bit of a shock on Thursday and Labour win the most seats but not enough to deliver a majority. How would the SNP play that one out? Well it's obvious - just as they did with Theresa May they would attempt to frustrate the new Labour administration by voting against budgets, against the acts they bring forward, and they would continue to criticise and harp on about Labours Brexit deal. There is even a possibility that they could either abstain or vote against a second Brexit referendum - just as they did when Ken Clarke tried and failed by a slender margin to lock the UK into a Customs Union with the EU - something the SNP always claimed they wanted! 

I probably shouldn't be exposing this cause if Labour returned to it's Scottish Heartlands it really would be catastrophic for the Conservatives. A late collapse in the SNP vote and a swing to Labour would clear the road for a majority Labour Government to bring about their mad policies like re-nationalising everything and bankrupting the country with careless, reckless borrowing. 

No Gordon, a vote for the SNP is completely wasted one if you want to see a communist terrorist loving traitor destroy the UK with crazy politics. As I said last night, you'd be as well drawing a cock and balls on the ballot paper. Just be careful though. My Sister who often works at these counts told last night of a wasted ballot paper at her count where next to the words "Alex Salmond" someone had written "is a w**k". However the K appeared in the box and the SNP spent 20 minutes trying to claim it was an X and a vote for Salmond! . 

8 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

I probably shouldn't be exposing this cause if Labour returned to it's Scottish Heartlands it really would be catastrophic for the Conservatives. A late collapse in the SNP vote and a swing to Labour would clear the road for a majority Labour Government to bring about their mad policies like re-nationalising everything and bankrupting the country with careless, reckless borrowing. 

No Gordon, a vote for the SNP is completely wasted one if you want to see a communist terrorist loving traitor destroy the UK with crazy politics. As I said last night, you'd be as well drawing a cock and balls on the ballot paper. Just be careful though. My Sister who often works at these counts told last night of a wasted ballot paper at her count where next to the words "Alex Salmond" someone had written "is a w**k". However the K appeared in the box and the SNP spent 20 minutes trying to claim it was an X and a vote for Salmond! . 

confused what are you doing GIF

44 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Always found this John Ashworth guy irritating - nice to see him come a cropper. Putting aside his bad choice of back-stabbing mates and his stupidly loose lips during a campaign - surely the most damning and disloyal thing must be his repeated references to Labour as "they" and "them", rather than "we" and "us".  Toast.

I actually felt quite sorry for him when I saw that video. If the guy who leaked the transcript to Guido Fawkes is indeed a "mate" that's a pretty poor way to behave. In saying that though Ashworths claims it was all just banter really didn't seem in any way convincing. 

12 minutes ago, Ross. said:

image.png.58b5d53f5983fd4525a42c4c64cc5203.png

Really? A photo when he was London Mayor placing an order for routemaster buses is your evidence that Johnson loves terrorists......

You'll need to do better than that Ross. 

Edited by Malky3

Who are all these fannies on TV news saying they don't know who they are voting for yet?

Utter, utter, nonsense. If you don't know who you are voting for and are waiting on any of them saying something to win your vote you are clearly at it.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/10/corbyn-criticism-was-banter-says-jonathan-ashworth

Corbyn criticism was 'banter', says Jonathan Ashworth

Shadow health secretary says he was joking when he said Labour would not win election

Fucking idiot. There's a possibility the entire recording is illegal but apart from that, why would you trust a conservative activist not to run off to the Telegraph and place a story saying "senior sources in the Labour party say campaign is doomed, Corbyn is a security risk"?

13 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Really? A photo when he was London Mayor placing an order for routemaster buses is your evidence that Johnson loves terrorists......

You'll need to do better than that Ross. 

image.png.7cc9c8f1deda27d4d0f1f6c79f1c19f0.png

27 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/10/corbyn-criticism-was-banter-says-jonathan-ashworth

Corbyn criticism was 'banter', says Jonathan Ashworth

Shadow health secretary says he was joking when he said Labour would not win election

Fucking idiot. There's a possibility the entire recording is illegal but apart from that, why would you trust a conservative activist not to run off to the Telegraph and place a story saying "senior sources in the Labour party say campaign is doomed, Corbyn is a security risk"?

https://order-order.com/2019/12/10/ashworth-civil-service-machine-will-move-quickly-safeguard-national-security-corbyn/

It doesn't sound like a banter conversation to be fair. 

21 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

To be fair I can't believe any Labour voter would be seriously considering voting SNP. It's so counterintuitive. 

I can't believe that you won't answer questions on anything. Would you vote for Johnson in Uxbridge?

You're a disinformation troll.

Nice to see DomDom has some forum police back up as well. 

At a local level, Hannah Bardell will do very well to hold onto her seat. Although she's very capable, personable, always speaks up on local issues etc., she hemorrhaged votes to both the Tory's and Labour last time out. Indeed, had Labour fielded a more prominent experienced campaigner this time out, I would have them down to gain the seat.

The other local seat to me is Linlithgow and East Falkirk, and I can again see Martyn Day (again, SNP) struggle to hold off the Tory vote.  

Hope against hope that I'm wrong on both counts, and it's just my pessimistic nature seeping through. Can also see a Tory majority of at least 30 UK-wide.

38 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Who are all these fannies on TV news saying they don't know who they are voting for yet?

Utter, utter, nonsense. If you don't know who you are voting for and are waiting on any of them saying something to win your vote you are clearly at it.

I assume they're waiting for some last minute bribe from one of the parties. A cut in income tax always works well for the Tories, perhaps a pay increase for public sector workers from Labour, if that affects them. Plenty of folk couldn't give a tinker's cuss about anybody but themselves, and refuse to believe that anybody else possibly could either, so they're waiting for the last-minute personal enticement.

On a related topic, there was an elderly woman on Radio Scotland last week who said that she didn't have a clue who to vote for, didn't understand any of the issues, and apparently had made some kind of effort to do so. She'd talked to friends about it, who told her that "you can't go wrong with the Conservatives," but she still genuinely had no clue.

Surely you just wouldn't vote at all? If someone asked you to make a decision about something you were genuinely that clueless about, why would you attempt to impose your will on the outcome? That's not even a spoilt ballot paper situation, as you'd have no idea if there was a candidate who was right for you, so there's nothing to protest.