General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Got the BBC debate on just now.  It must be an Tory tactic from upstairs to tell debaters that no-matter what - keep talking.
Any retorts - keep talking.
Someone else speaks - keep talking.
Anyone says the opposite to your view - keep talking.
Jenrick is appearing quite a lot these days; he is either regarded as a rising star or a human shield - I'll let you make up your own minds.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Richard Tice's chances in Hartlepool have probably gone up a notch with his campaign manager being shown up as an old style racist and a local Brexit councillor out leafleting whilst trying to flog the undercover C4 News guy cocaine.

Unfortunately I think people are being far too optimistic about the amount of seats the Tories are going to lose. They might lose a couple of the more remainy seats but I could equally see them picking up a couple as well.

In 2017, the last 5 polls had the SNP between 11 and 15 points ahead of the Tories (actual: 8.3%) and in 2016 the last 5 polls had the SNP betwen 29 and 35 points ahead of them (actual: 24.5%).

A lot of people are fucking daft and will lap up that "Get Brexit Done" shite. It's the sort of thing that'll stick in the minds of the casual/undecided voters when they go to vote and I can see it having a similar effect to Cameron's Labour/SNP coalition scaremongering in England in 2015 (where they swept up almost all the "undecideds").

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Crùbag said:

Boris Johnson is an absolute cnut.

It just confirms what every single voter in the country already knows.....that Johnson doesn't do detail. He doesn't care about these small inconveniences like patients lying on the floor, or the ins and outs of vital trade deals that will effect the UK economy. 

He does big picture, blue sky thinking.  He does rhetoric. He does exaggeration, and hubris. 

Not detail, that's for others. 

And nobody that votes for the Tories gives a f**k that the PM is incapable of considering the details of any particular situation. 

33 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The presenter is terrible, she's allowing them to just shout over each other.

The standard of the BBC moderators is usually pretty poor, but she was the worst of the lot.  Not in control and when she lost her hold on the candidates just gave up.

I'll let Emma Barnett off because she is gorgeous. 

Kuenssberg at it again tonight. The Tory walking into someone else's arm is a 'grim scene', meanwhile Boris Johnson snatching a journalist's phone because he didn't want to look at what was on the screen (a 4 year old with pneumonia lying on a hospital floor) is a situation "that could have gone better for the tories" today. I honestly despise that pig-ugly cretin.

21 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

I'll let Emma Barnett off because she is gorgeous. 

Kuenssberg at it again tonight. The Tory walking into someone else's arm is a 'grim scene', meanwhile Boris Johnson snatching a journalist's phone because he didn't want to look at what was on the screen (a 4 year old with pneumonia lying on a hospital floor) is a situation "that could have gone better for the tories" today. I honestly despise that pig-ugly cretin.

Wow, and some accuse Boris Johnson of misogyny. :blink:

Two sides trying desperately to manufacture a big "gotcha" moment in the last days of the campaign. 
OMG he did not look at a photo. OMG we got punched. 
Thats the sum of their start of the final few days. Even though the North East of England is vulnerable, Labour have kept their front bench away from seats up there as they are so widely disliked they are relying on local MPs. Lots of people in London saying no sign of the party leader on leaflets down here . 
Other than the Tories laser like focus on Brexit, that has fed of off the widespread anti establishment mood outside the big cities, both parties have been light weight and trivial through the campaign. 
When the referendum on Brexit was held more than half of the EU countries had parties promising to leave, now its something like two that have parties with any real electoral presence  making those promises. Even FN in France are promising to reform the EU. We have been such a clusterfuck that even after the migration crisis a couple of years ago, the far right across Europe are not trying to get out the EU anymore. 
And yet here we are on the eve of voting to get out the EU and offers are between "get Brexit done" without looking at the consequences vs the vague mish mash from Labour. 
Aye, having to leave the North East to such second raters as the Party Chairman. Oh, and the lovely Laura.
Maybe check front benchers' constituencies before coming out with such uninformed tripe in future.

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

This is my last prediction for Scotland:

SNP - 47 seats (13 gains taking seats off both the Tories and Labour, but I do think Stephen Gethins will lose in North East Fife)

Conservatives - 5 seats (I think they'll keep Berwickshire, Roxburgh & Selkirk, Dumfriesshire, Clydesdale & Tweeddale, Banff & Buchan, Moray and West Aberdeenshire & Kincardine. They'll be completely wiped out in the central belt and the biggest surprise scalp for the SNP will be to get Alister Jack out in Dumfries & Galloway. I also have them losing three seats in the North East)

Liberal Democrats - 5 seats (On a relatively decent night for Willie Rennie's lot, I reckon they gain North East Fife. Unfortunately tactical voting will allow Jo Swinson to cling on by a few hundred votes)

Labour - 2 seats (Murray will hold his seat and they'll get Lesley Laird back in by default due to the Neale Hanvey incident)

I have tried not to predict because I always get the football wrong. However I think you are very close with the Libs and Labs but I think the Conservatives will hang on in 9 seats but will be delighted when Kerr and Graham are gone.  Masterton seems less of an ideologue and I think he might win. If Jack went it would be even better but I think the grey demography of Dumfries will save him. It kinda reminds me of the times of Labour's feeble 50 with an incoming Tory majority. (Sorry)

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

This is my last prediction for Scotland:

SNP - 47 seats (13 gains taking seats off both the Tories and Labour, but I do think Stephen Gethins will lose in North East Fife)

Conservatives - 5 seats (I think they'll keep Berwickshire, Roxburgh & Selkirk, Dumfriesshire, Clydesdale & Tweeddale, Banff & Buchan, Moray and West Aberdeenshire & Kincardine. They'll be completely wiped out in the central belt and the biggest surprise scalp for the SNP will be to get Alister Jack out in Dumfries & Galloway. I also have them losing three seats in the North East)

Liberal Democrats - 5 seats (On a relatively decent night for Willie Rennie's lot, I reckon they gain North East Fife. Unfortunately tactical voting will allow Jo Swinson to cling on by a few hundred votes)

Labour - 2 seats (Murray will hold his seat and they'll get Lesley Laird back in by default due to the Neale Hanvey incident)

At the UK level, I reckon Boris gets a thin majority of 12-15.

If voters in Scotland really wanted to stop Boris Johnson from winning on Thursday the electorate would be voting Labour. There is absolutely no point in an SNP vote. You'd be just as well drawing a cock and some balls on the ballot paper. Sturgeon is praying for a hung parliament believing that Corbyn and his comrades will be so desperate to get into Number 10 that they will offer up Indy Ref 2 as a sacrifice, however Sturgeon has got her strategy badly wrong IMO.

As a Conservative voter I honestly hope that SNP do win seats off Labour. It would be the perfect way to keep Corbyn out of office and to ensure that we get five more years of Conservative rule.

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

If voters in Scotland really wanted to stop Boris Johnson from winning on Thursday the electorate would be voting Labour. There is absolutely no point in an SNP vote. You'd be just as well drawing a cock and some balls on the ballot paper. Sturgeon is praying for a hung parliament believing that Corbyn and his comrades will be so desperate to get into Number 10 that they will offer up Indy Ref 2 as a sacrifice, however Sturgeon has got her strategy badly wrong IMO.

As a Conservative voter I honestly hope that SNP do win seats off Labour. It would be the perfect way to keep Corbyn out of office and to ensure that we get five more years of Conservative rule.

Starting to wonder if you're actually a genius level troll.

In terms of who becomes PM, voting Labour and SNP is exactly the same thing. Lib Dem probably is too, but who knows with them.

The SNP are clear second in all 13 Tory seats in Scotland.

In the 4 rural North East Tory seats, Labour didn't get above 15%. In the other 9 Tory seats, Labour didn't get above 25%. Nowhere did they get within 10% of the Tories. And that was a very considerable improvement on 2015. Labour are polling well below where they did in 2017, and even lower than 2015.

In 10 of the Tory seats, if Labour voters had voted SNP they'd have prevented the Tory from winning the seat. This would have meant that Tory+DUP couldn't have had a majority and we probably would have had a second Brexit referendum.

These are just the facts. And before you presume bias, I'm not voting SNP - but in most of those seats I probably would, because I'm not human scum.