General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Perth & NP Tory Candidate has had a couple of bowlers:

Claims he shut a school because of poor performance - it was exceeding local performances, and he’d previously said it was shut to save money.

He’s now said food banks are perfectly normal all over Europe, and he knows this because one is near his holiday home in Spain.

You can tell the Tories have completely given up on P&NP after they failed to take it in 2017.

In tonight's debate on BBC, is anyone opening a book on the number of (a)  "Let's Get It Done", (b) "Get Brexit Done" and (c) "dithering" cliches de pfeffellll will utter during the hour ??

I'll go for :

a)   6

b)   5

c)  3

Other than that, he'll talk over, interrupt and generally waffle to kill as much time as possible to avoid facing up to and giving direct answers to direct and specific questions.

As for Corbyn, he'll come over as being his usual disconnected self and quote ad nauseum the manifesto figures for key and strategic services and maintain that they're fully costed - without backing up specifically from where his new found money tree will produce the funds.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is our future, unless . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Strange that there has been a such an outcry about Johnson not appearing Neil’s broadcast, and generally avoiding the media unless it suits him, or possibly as ordered by Cummings.

Yet his performances in Parliament, when he hadn’t illegally prorogued sessions for several weeks, pointed to a shallow individual who avoided situations of scrutiny. If we hadn’t known this already

And another thing: this ‘Get Brexit Done’ mantra: the Conservatives, who brought this mess to us by being unprepared for the possible outcome, have had 41 months, that’s 1260 day, to find a solution to their folly. What makes anyone confident that a superficial leader like Johnson is going to sort out a situation of the Tories’ own making in 100 days?

Strange that there has been a such an outcry about Johnson not appearing Neil’s broadcast, and generally avoiding the media unless it suits him, or possibly as ordered by Cummings.
Yet his performances in Parliament, when he hadn’t illegally prorogued sessions for several weeks, pointed to a shallow individual who avoided situations of scrutiny. If we hadn’t known this already

And another thing: this ‘Get Brexit Done’ mantra: the Conservatives, who brought this mess to us by being unprepared for the possible outcome, have had 41 months, that’s 1260 day, to find a solution to their folly. What makes anyone confident that a superficial leader like Johnson is going to sort out a situation of the Tories’ own making in 100 days?

It’s not just down to the Tories. Labour were unprepared to back any deal prepared by the Tories going against many of their own Leave constituents simply because they didn’t want Brexit to happen. There’s very little evidence Corbyn will even go ahead with Brexit, let alone try and come up with a deal that would likely be no better than Johnson’s.

42 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
12 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

It would certainly be good for the BBC's viewing figures!

Not sure why everyone lauds Neil as a good interviewer. Anyone could just shout at politicians, cut across them and not let them answer.

He does it better than most, and can be pretty adept at making said politicians look pretty stupid.

57 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Turns out he said “people of talent” and not “people of colour”, thus ending that particular scandal.

Tories are riding this hard claiming its a smear and that C4 is against them. 

5 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

Tories are riding this hard claiming its a smear and that C4 is against them. 

They could always ask him outright if he is racist and then bring up some of his previous as evidence that he is...

Edited by Ross.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

I think Sturgeon made a mistake saying she'd still push for independence even if Labour got in and remain won the second referendum.

It gives backing to the argument that independence is the only thing she cares about. That said, she couldn't really back down as it would have been attacked by those who think she isn't committed enough to pushing for independence. Can't really win so do as little damage as possible I think is the approach.

In some pleasing, if slightly inconsequential news, Mrs B finally realised today that my pledge to divorce her if she voted tory was serious.

Partial credit to a P&B posted, possibly Dunning1874 whose quote I borrowed in offering her an explanation she cpuld understand.

"You can be a good person, or you can vote Tory. You cannot do both".

She has settled for now on the Greens. It will be SNP by the time we go along the road.

I think Sturgeon made a mistake saying she'd still push for independence even if Labour got in and remain won the second referendum.

It’s probably not worth the risk in the short term but a Tory Brexit is far better for a successful indyref2 than a Corbyn Remain or Leave. As much as he will promise, there’s little solid evidence that Jezza the flip-flopper will agree to indyref2. A Tory Brexit would absolutely unite Scotland in a strong voice against Westminster and I’m convinced it would eventually result in indyref2 and a huge Yes vote.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

In some pleasing, if slightly inconsequential news, Mrs B finally realised today that my pledge to divorce her if she voted tory was serious.

Partial credit to a P&B posted, possibly Dunning1874 whose quote I borrowed in offering her an explanation she cpuld understand.

"You can be a good person, or you can vote Tory. You cannot do both".

She has settled for now on the Greens. It will be SNP by the time we go along the road.

Excellent work. 

That was fucking mine! I'm sure Dunning agrees though he's a good guy.

My man. One of those scenarios where I really should have known.

Anyway, the important thing is that one more person knows the tories are utter scum.

I was handed another assist by that fucking vermin boot on the news this morning at the time of conversation giving it large about wages for people with learning difficulties.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I was handed another assist by that fucking vermin boot on the news this morning at the time of conversation giving it large about wages for people with learning difficulties.

Same here, I've been sharing that one. And also Kirstene's recent comment about Healthcare in Angus being abysmal. I know at least 4 folk who changed their vote to SNP solely because of that. 

Tories just can't help themselves. They are absolute fucking vermin.

13 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Same here, I've been sharing that one. And also Kirstene's recent comment about Healthcare in Angus being abysmal. I know at least 4 folk who changed their vote to SNP solely because of that. 

Tories just can't help themselves. They are absolute fucking vermin.

I know 4 folk in Angus who either didn't vote or voted for someone else in 2017 have now gone SNP.  Two were SNP in 15 and for some reason didn't vote in 2017 (think they were fed up of it all) but after 2 years of this shite, they're voting SNP. The other one was Labour ; and the fourth person moved from Dundee to Elliot. So that's 8 between us :)

Fingers crossed it sees her out.

Looking at that last poll : SNP 44% Tory 28%. It'll be close in a lot of the old SNP heartland seats - if the SNP can poll 45-46% on the day and Tories slip a point or two ; could well end up seeing all those seats going to the SNP.