General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the SNP guy’s comments were unacceptable, but do wonder what the appropriate form of words to non-anti-semitically argue that Israel is a barbaric state committing genocide against Palestinians is?

There isn’t one. Any anti-Israel comments will be marked out as anti-semitism by anyone who wants to make you look bad. That seems to just be how it works tbh.

It beggars belief that we have adults in this country who don't recognise anti- semitism when it smacks them on the arse.
You two need to educate yourselves.
The sooner the better frankly.
Aye but there's levels, and liking an article seems pretty close to a mistake that a lot of people could make quite innocently (without knowing about the historical tropes).

A good comparison was anyone who laughed at a Bernard Manning joke in the 80s. It's not the guy telling the joke, it's someone reacting to it without clear condemnation, and we have to be careful about tarring loads of people with big brushes.

I also don't know if I agree about comparing Israel's actions to the Nazis as automatically being anti-Semitic. As denouncement pointed out - there's issues with that.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Aye but there's levels, and liking an article seems pretty close to a mistake that a lot of people could make quite innocently (without knowing about the historical tropes).

No doubt about posting this though.

cartoon-e1562781719760.jpg

25 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

This guy stands down as a candidate for posting something that honestly nobody gives a shit about, and yet we have a PM who is guilty of casual racism and ignorant anti-Islam

We can be secularist without condemning those who follow religions. 

We can support nationalist politics without hating those who favour other nationalisms (Scottish nationalism vs "Britnat")

We can support the strong moral and legal case for a Palestinian state without devolving into crude Jewish\Zionist stereotypes. 

Standing up to Johnsons crude racist and Islamophobic tropes does not mean burying any concerns over his opponents. It means standing with every ethnic and religious minority in Britain and Ireland equally. Standing shoulder to shoulder with everyone in these islands (irrespective of borders) who faces religious, gender based, sexuality based or racially based discrimination. 

I do not stand against Johnson because he is a Tory  but because he is a racist. 

I am very very aware of the "but football club" and the cultural back ground I come from. (Most of my family are UKIP\Britain First Celtic fans, life is complicated)

Call out the bullshit when we see it. Take the hit. 

Be true to our common humanity as humans. Stand up for being a decent human being. 

Do you have a link to that quote?

Repeatedly used one story of a trans person attacking a child in the toilets to push his transphobic agendas and being against self-ID. He was heavily berated, including by SNP voters who said they were switching, yet he was kept on as a candidate. This new anti-semitic revelation comes as absolutely no surprise as he is somebody that is a clear bigot.

That SNP guy who has just been removed made comments a few weeks back likening transgender people to paedophiles. How anyone can defend him is beyond me, he’s rightly been booted.
I agree he should have his support withdrawn.

So when is Boris going to have his support withdrawn for his blatant Islamophobia or Homophobia?

That SNP guy who has just been removed made comments a few weeks back likening transgender people to paedophiles. How anyone can defend him is beyond me, he’s rightly been booted.

Good to see the Wings Party gathering their first candidate for the list in Fife in 2021.