General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Paco said:

Interesting social experiment really. SNP were almost certain to win the seat, and now they have an open anti-Semite standing.

How many people are prepared to vote for him anyway?

I think they’ll still edge it.

What are the actual allegations? Know nothing about the guy and all the reports just refer to the allegations without going into any detail?

3 minutes ago, Paco said:

Interesting social experiment really. SNP were almost certain to win the seat, and now they have an open anti-Semite standing.

How many people are prepared to vote for him anyway?

I think they’ll still edge it.

Going on recent conversations I’ve had with folk in Kirkcaldy, I would have put Labour as favourites even before this incident.

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Going on recent conversations I’ve had with folk in Kirkcaldy, I would have put Labour as favourites even before this incident.

I dunno, Labour started with a <1% majority, against an SNP vote share that had gone up nationally relative to the Labour vote. Should've been a shoe in for the SNP. Bloody idiocy.

19 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Shocking from both my party and the SNP their inability to vet candidates. Means that people can’t vote in the party the truly want on Election Day. Leaving a lot of alienated voters.

FPTP leaves the majority of the electorate as alienated voters.

1 minute ago, renton said:

I dunno, Labour started with a <1% majority, against an SNP vote share that had gone up nationally relative to the Labour vote. Should've been a shoe in for the SNP. Bloody idiocy.

I never hear a good word about the SNP from anyone I encounter in Kirkcaldy. Maybe that’s just me, as most of these people probably never had a good word to say about them. I know some of them voted Yes last time around.

3 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

My thoughts exactly, biggest opportunity for the Scottish Greens to win a seat in Westminster.

Probably a decent cohort of SNP activists who could lend a hand this one time as well.

9 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

What are the actual allegations? Know nothing about the guy and all the reports just refer to the allegations without going into any detail?

That was my first thought. What did he actually say to be labelled as anti-Semitic? 

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

I never hear a good word about the SNP from anyone I encounter in Kirkcaldy. Maybe that’s just me, as most of these people probably never had a good word to say about them. I know some of them voted Yes last time around.

It's all those folk you meet at kids birthday parties, isn't it?

I mean, that exact same SNP candidate compared transgender people to paedophiles a few weeks back so he’s obviously a vile human being. Another huge L for Nicola Turgid’s party. Her and JC having an absolute mare at the moment delivering a comfortable majority into the hands of BoJo.

Who do you think is more racist, Johnson or Corbyn?