General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We're currently being shafted royally by westminster and kept to heel by the tories, therefore i'd much prefer to have our own controls and our own debt management.  If it's remaining as westminster's lapdog and suffering more severe austerity similar to what we've been experiencing, or fighting our own struggle for fiscal parity within Scotland, i'd much prefer to fly solo.
You won't agree with your entrenched unionist mindset, but as a former Labour voter, i have a vision for a free and self-determining country that will be more beneficial for my children and their children.  The alternative is a draconian and subservient existence at the behest of the westminster illuminati. 

Can you confirm there are enough barrels of oil left to fund your tartan utopia dream? I’d like to have facts rather than just ‘Janey Godley says so’.

3 hours ago, Malky3 said:

The biggest shock to me is that Sunrise has "liked" your somewhat racist comment! 

You're wrong BTW. It's not evolution. Not by any literal standard. It is actually the success of capitalism,  the cascading of wealth and the benefits of globalisation that has seen great progress in eradicating extreme poverty worldwide. 

You know how I like to post a source....

https://www.economist.com/international/2017/03/30/the-world-has-made-great-progress-in-eradicating-extreme-poverty

You want equality by making us all equally poor and equally hungry. Capitalism might not provide great equality - but it's certainly proven as an economic system that has helped feed many millions of people who previously would have starved. 

Somewhat racist in what way? Because I said "black"? Is the universe racist for simply being black as well?

Priti Patel says poverty is not the fault of the government.

I’m not one to pontificate about people’s views but if you’re considering voting Tory in this election, you are a fucking idiot.

You already see it.
People ranting on social media about their unemployed neighbours having sky, or that it’s not fair their kids get free meals and they have to pay for theirs.

It’s been ingrained in them that poverty exists because people can’t be bothered. Not that poverty happens because of circumstance.

The UK Should’ve eradicated poverty and inequality long ago. All ambition of that went the second they voted in the Tories in 2010. Really we should be coming to the end of the tories stint in government, but I fear Westminster will be Tory led for another 10 years.

8 hours ago, Malky3 said:

It's not my position that Scotland would need to reduce public spending by £12.6Bn.

On 12/11/2019 at 15:01, Malky3 said:

If Scotland was to become Independent we too would be looking for a trade deal with the US, whilst also looking to cut our public spending by £12.6Bn per annum.

We could have full fiscal autonomy, which, at least we would be making our own decisions.  As the status quo prevails, we have to watch the westminster boys club jizzing away squillions on mainly london and the south east, while we have to doff our cap and await the glorious lords, masters and overlords handing us our pocket money.
At least if we were the authors and drivers of our own destiny, this current subservience would be finished for good.  If it took a number of years for full adjustment to Independence to be realised, then i'd be happier treading in our own murky puddles, rather than being continually shat upon from a great height by westminster, whilst being held on a very tight leash.
I'm not interested in any of your copy and paste £12.6bn wanking material. You should be aware that, despite your self-proclaimed position as the oracle on all things Indy, there are many like me who have had enough of living in one of the non-equal countries in a "union of equal partners".    

I’m on the app so can’t highlight individual words/phrases but if you’ve got a spare minute or so you can read this and pretty much get a full house at Freedom! Bingo.

45 minutes ago, mizfit said:

You already see it.
People ranting on social media about their unemployed neighbours having sky, or that it’s not fair their kids get free meals and they have to pay for theirs.

It’s been ingrained in them that poverty exists because people can’t be bothered. Not that poverty happens because of circumstance.

The UK Should’ve eradicated poverty and inequality long ago. All ambition of that went the second they voted in the Tories in 2010. Really we should be coming to the end of the tories stint in government, but I fear Westminster will be Tory led for another 10 years.

Surely, in UK poverty terms, both are true - even for some individuals. But the overlap between “can’t be bothered” and mental health problems, is big.

Edited by Pet Jeden

50 minutes ago, mizfit said:

You already see it.

image.png.a262a5b99ac2e5337f03c536ff90248a.png

Blame this tax dodging brexiteering c**t for the facebook for  idiots view of the vulnerable and poor due to his hounding of the less fortunate in his rag(see above) and on those docu-soaps{Benefit Street, Benefit Britain etc..etc..) he showed continuously on Channel 5 when he was running it.

Edited by dirty dingus

30 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I’m on the app so can’t highlight individual words/phrases but if you’ve got a spare minute or so you can read this and pretty much get a full house at Freedom! Bingo.

I apologise young man, apparently i have omitted the generic and ingrained war cry of  "wearrapeepul" from the retort to wee malky.  How remiss of moi.  That would have given you a "big hoose" rather than your piss-taking "Freedom! Bingo".

You have a productive and safe day now.  Cho.

9 hours ago, Malky3 said:

The number I've been banding about was the £12.6Bn difference between what the Scottish Government currently spends and what Scotland generates in tax revenues. That £12.6Bn extra comes from the Barnett Formula where we get more than a fair share of the wealth generated in London, the South East and the East of England. Those figures are not incorrect in any way shape of form. To completely balance the books the Independent Scottish Government would have to find a way to bridge a gap in funding which equates to just over 90% of the total spend on NHS Scotland. 

The current deficit equates to just under 8% of Scottish GDP - as I've said it would be one of the highest fiscal deficits in the Western world. To rejoin the EU you would need to get that deficit down to less than 3% per annum. That would still allow in Independent Scotland to run a much smaller deficit but each year it does so it puts itself further and further into debt and that kind of fiscal management of a Scottish economy would be completely at odds with the Norweigan one that Nationalists love to draw similarities to where they ran their economy at a surplus - not a deficit - in order to save money in a oil fund. 

Lets face it Scottish Nationalists are aggrieved at everything no matter how much proof and clarity I provide so I'm not concerned in the slightest if people are aggrieved at having the £12.6Bn figure repeated over and over again at them. All I want to know is what public services you would cut, and how much more tax would I have to pay to cover the cost of your fantasy. Be honest with the nation Joey Jo Jo - for the first time - be honest! 

Hi Malky,

It would have been easier to say "Scotland would not need to cut £12.6b a year from public spending and I am wrong to continuously throw this figure around".

Thanks.

7 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Black kids in Africa today are more better off than your great grandparents ever were. It's called evolution. We have access to technologies now that were science fiction back in those days. But regardless, it doesn't stop poorer people going hungry,  or being more prone to sickness and other death risks.

Nobody cares how large or advanced their cheapo modern TV is compared to the black and white box of the 30s, if they haven't got food to eat.

Sorry Pal but I have to disagree with you stating black kids are better off now than our grandparents were 60 years ago, that is given that the average age or our grandparents is say 70,

I have Visited/worked in most West African countries and that is definately not the case, a lot of kids are in survival mode daily with sparse educational facilities and poor living conditions.

If you were to compare our grandparents with one area then that is Asia where in the main Children are well educated and provided for with ample work opportunities and financial growth.

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

Surely, in UK poverty terms, both are true - even for some individuals. But the overlap between “can’t be bothered” and mental health problems, is big.

To say that both are true is disingenuous. The number of folk who are in poverty because they simply cannot be bothered doing anything about their circumstances is going to be so incredibly small a number as to be statistically worthless.

13 minutes ago, Ross. said:

To say that both are true is disingenuous. The number of folk who are in poverty because they simply cannot be bothered doing anything about their circumstances is going to be so incredibly small a number as to be statistically worthless.

Well, you would have to expand on what is meant by "can't be bothered" to make sense of this. But, for instance, have you never heard any adult say a potential job is "not worth taking because "it doesn't pay much more than benefits"?

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Well, you would have to expand on what is meant by "can't be bothered" to make sense of this. But, for instance, have you never heard any adult say a potential job is "not worth taking because "it doesn't pay much more than benefits"?

Personally, no, I have never heard someone say this. That being said, even if someone did say that, and it was actually true, taking that job would still very likely leave them in relative poverty, so it wouldn't change a thing.