General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 13/11/2019 at 14:57, NewBornBairn said:

Seeing as how it's being talked about 

Weird how it's a guy with an Aberdeen/shire or Moray accent!

I'm not a fan of Corbyn but the guy shouting at him was shouting absolute nonsense. So easy for the media to put out any old bullshit and have lobotimised lapdogs regurgitate it.

On 13/11/2019 at 17:51, Snafu said:

That will be you censored. :lol:

In a one point of view thread you do get a lot of mutton, happy clapping, fist bumping and high fiving. Its a lot of noise and interference that goes nowhere without challenge through debate and understanding.

I might not agree with much that you post, but I acknowledge that this is your own opinion and a difference of opinion should be welcomed in a true healthy democracy as long as it isn't hateful.

How do you know what his opinions are? He hasn't once said anything remotely true. He's a troll making shit up. He isn't interested at all in debate. He never once acknowledges any points put to him and purposely says the most ridiculous and incendiary things and biggest lies to get the biggest reactions.

For all we know he could be an independence supporter but since he's a sad wee trolling piece of shit we really have no idea.

I really wish folk would stop engaging him and thinking he even wants to discuss any issue. He doesn't. He just wants to pollute the forum and wind folk up, which is why he continues with the same material as it's working.

3 hours ago, dorlomin said:

Someone could be in serious legal trouble, this is either bribery and a potential violation of the Representation of the People Act 1983  (I am not a legal expert on this but I am sure the actual experts will have opinions soon) or Farage is guilty of a significant and likely actionable slander. 

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1983/2/section/113

Claims now that Anne Widdecombe and the Peterborough candidate Mike Greene were offered jobs to stand aside.

My thoughts on this, the Brexit Party have stood aside in Tory seats to allow them to nearly guarantee they will be the largest party in Westminster. 

But by whipping up a minidrama over corruption they might be trying to limit the number of seats the Tories can take off Labour so strengthen the hand of the ERG in the next government. 

The timing was crucial, after they could not pull any more candidates of off ballots (after 4pm today). 

As always your mileage may vary. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Weird how it's a guy with an Aberdeen/shire or Moray accent!

I'm not a fan of Corbyn but the guy shouting at him was shouting absolute nonsense. So easy for the media to put out any old bullshit and have lobotimised lapdogs regurgitate it.

How do you know what his opinions are? He hasn't once said anything remotely true. He's a troll making shit up. He isn't interested at all in debate. He never once acknowledges any points put to him and purposely says the most ridiculous and incendiary things and biggest lies to get the biggest reactions.

For all we know he could be an independence supporter but since he's a sad wee trolling piece of shit we really have no idea.

I really wish folk would stop engaging him and thinking he even wants to discuss any issue. He doesn't. He just wants to pollute the forum and wind folk up, which is why he continues with the same material as it's working.

Trolls have feelings too m8

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Seriously bud. What the hell is wrong with you?

Go for a walk or something. Take out your anger elsewhere.

Jeez. You can't be wittering on about people being trolls and at the same time be calling multiple people "pieces of shit".

You're another one who never says what party you'll vote for or what you believe, other than it's their own fault if anyone's struggling and there's nothing we can or should do about it. Why are you and Malky so shy about saying who you'll vote for and defending it? You happily attack everyone else's choices.

Edited by welshbairn

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You're another one who never says what party you'll vote for or what you believe, other than it's their own fault if anyone's struggling and there's nothing we can or should do about it. Why are you and Malky so shy about saying who you'll vote for and defending it? You happily attack everyone else's choices.

It's the shame imo. They can't even display the football club they really follow.

50 minutes ago, Old Pack said:

Free Broadband for everyone if Labour get in emoji23.png

Wait till next weeks manifesto. Hearing good things. Next few weeks Brexit wont get a look in. Very clever by Milne. Hopefully helps us hold marginal Bedford.

Edited by Bedford White

37 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Does it matter who I am voting for? Do I need to clear it with you? Are you suggesting I need your approval or validation?

Of course not, just seems to be a bit cowardly to attack people's honest opinions without stating your own, apart from your angry Col(retd) letters from Dorking about the sponging poor and the feckless youth of today.

37 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Have a wee search and you'll see I've posted it recently in black and white. If it really means that much to you go and have a look.

:lol: 

Edited by welshbairn

Oaksoft at the football: "what's everyone so excited about? It's only a spheroid crossing an arbitrary point in three-dimensional space. It's not like it's important in any way. And, dearly me, using harsh language at the officials? You people need to seek help for your anger issues."

Should be entertaining if he ever attends a game, other than as the Malky personality.

Ruth Davidson   @RuthDavidsonMSP · 17h   Does the idea of two referendums in the next 12 months fill you with dread? There's an easy way to help stop that happening - vote @ScotTories on December 12th.
Is this the most stupid Tweet in the (admittedly short) history of Twitter?
Seeing as they have a candidate (and currently a former MP) who was unable to cope with having to make a choice in a referendum then it's pretty clear the Tories are the party going after the Kirstene Hair demographic of voters.

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Free broadband sounds like a very interesting investment in the country.

That's a very good suggestion by Labour and fits beautifully with their desire to improve and promote lifelong learning amongst adults.

I agree with this. I've always advocated free internet in an independent Scotland as it would give access for underprivileged kids to receive a fairer chance in education. I also believe all school kids should get a tablet every couple o years, just a wee cheap number to assist in homework and to become computer savvy.

Labour just promising something the EU are bringing in anyway -

https://www.euractiv.com/section/innovation-industry/news/broadband-internet-access-will-become-a-legal-right-under-new-eu-telecoms-rules/

The European Commission is setting itself up for a fight with national governments by forcing them to pay for guaranteed internet access across the EU and comply with new rules on radio spectrum sales, according to an an internal document obtained by euractiv.com
Broadband internet access will be legally guaranteed under changes to EU universal services rules, while services that are currently guaranteed, like public payphones, will be taken out of the new law. National governments won’t be happy with the change because the Commission wants them to pay for guaranteed internet – instead of private telecoms companies.

13 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

They're also not exactly shouting from the rooftops they mean by 2030, which would reuqire them.to submit just this elections three elections in a row.  WOS has correctly pointed.this out.  Not like Labour to be economical with the truth eh.

They're also not exactly shouting from the rooftops they mean by 2030, which would reuqire them.to submit just this elections three elections in a row.  WOS has correctly pointed.this out.  Not like Labour to be economical with the truth eh.
They've made the announcement in the normal way. How, and at what level, the media choose to report this is in no way in Labour's gift.

Anyone who thinks such a project would happen overnight should not, imo, be allowed near sharp objects without supervision.

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

They've made the announcement in the normal way. How, and at what level, the media choose to report this is in no way in Labour's gift.

Anyone who thinks such a project would happen overnight should not, imo, be allowed near sharp objects without supervision.

You mean the usual duplicitous dishonest way?  

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Utter pish. It's a major manifesto commitment being launched during a General Election campaign, nothing normal in the slightest.