General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I seem to have upset you.  But I repeat, who is the 'we' here ?  

The Scottish electorate will have every chance to pass judgement on the performance of the Scottish Government, but unless you retain a vote in Scotland you don't get that say - there is no 'we'.  Clear enough ?

Clearly not and if I have a vote in Scotland or not is entirely immaterial but how like the empty headed Yessers to quibble.  Just to pander to your shit for brains sensibilities, let me rephrase:

Scotland has had more than a decade of the SNP and has seen heehaw of what you've described.  You'd have thought that, after so many years in government, they'd have seen a change in the business climate in Scotland compared to England but no.  It is just the same.

You'd also have thought that, after a decade in charge of education in Scotland they'd  have seen an improvement in Scottish schools.  Again, no.  Jordanhill is the only decent state school in Scotland but, compared to the best state schools in England, isn't worth a curdy.

The Natters have had half a Fife generation to improve Scotland but have conspicuously failed

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Is reading so hard for you?  Are you yet another victim of the idiocy of Scottish education?  Oh, maybe you're yet another shit for brains Natter

I'm guessing you never had a Scottish education. 

If you had you might know the difference between "Scots" and "Scotch".

Some quick pickings from Heriot Watt researchers' recent study into foodbank use in Britain.

The Trussell Trust network, which covers around 60% of food banks, reported an increase in three-day food parcels provided from 61,000 in 2010/11 to 1,583,000 in 2018/19.

The most common sources of income for people referred to food banks were state benefits, reported by 86% of people using food banks in the Trussell Trust network

Benefits – inadequacy, gaps and reductions: there was high consistency in what different sources of information (referral data, survey data and statistical modelling) told us. While qualitative interviews showed that some drops in benefit income were caused by administrative or claimant errors, it was equally clear that drops or gaps in income were frequently designed into the benefit system: the five week wait for the first Universal Credit payment, benefit sanctions, changes to eligibility for health-related benefits, the benefit cap, ‘bedroom tax’ and, last but not least, the rules around how much benefit could be deducted to repay debts or advances. Statistical modelling of the changes in food parcel demand showed clear and robust evidence that the extent and timing of five key benefit changes (sanctions, Universal Credit, ’bedroom tax’, benefit levels, Personal Independent Payment assessments) had sizeable and significant effects, confirming the findings from the surveys of people referred to food banks and referral agencies

Academic research only confirms what you'd have to either be a callous liar or an extraordinarily thick c**t to not recognise. That Tory welfare policy has 'frequently designed' masses of people into foodbank use.

There will probably always be some need for foodbanks. Having an at least somewhat functional, never mind humane, social security system would drastically reduce the demand from current levels. Call it a 'magic button' but it's an extremely obvious point.

Clearly not and if I have a vote in Scotland or not is entirely immaterial but how like the empty headed Yessers to quibble.  Just to pander to your shit for brains sensibilities, let me rephrase:

Scotland has had more than a decade of the SNP and has seen heehaw of what you've described.  You'd have thought that, after so many years in government, they'd have seen a change in the business climate in Scotland compared to England but no.  It is just the same.

You'd also have thought that, after a decade in charge of education in Scotland they'd  have seen an improvement in Scottish schools.  Again, no.  Jordanhill is the only decent state school in Scotland but, compared to the best state schools in England, isn't worth a curdy.

The Natters have had half a Fife generation to improve Scotland but have conspicuously failed

Better.

27 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Going to be some hangover for Gincardine this morning.  

It's quite amusing to get up of a morning for work and check out this section of the forum to see what a state he's got himself into in the wee hours. A truly pathetic old manchild. 

Just now, MixuFixit said:

Basic thrust is because there were 5 foodbanks when labour was in charge and there's 5647537754368 now, there's no way of knowing if exterminating the Tory vermin would solve the issue and anyone saying it would is like a little baby.

Also money is infinite and if people want more they should simply be wealthy.

Ah, standard Oaksoft then. Fucking balloon 😂

18 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Apart from routinely playing to the chimps in the gallery do you ever actually intellectually contribute you own opinions to anything on here? :lol:

I only ask because I never see any evidence of it. I see a lot of mouth and a lot of you repeating cliches coined by other people, but no substance from you whatsoever.

I've never heard you say who you would vote for or what you believe is the way forward for the country. You just slag people off and offer nothing.

Apart from routinely playing to the chimps in the gallery do you ever actually intellectually contribute you own opinions to anything on here? [emoji38]
I only ask because I never see any evidence of it. I see a lot of mouth and a lot of you repeating cliches coined by other people, but no substance from you whatsoever.
[emoji23]

Dry your eyes you fucking melt