General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, my takeaway from Marr and Ridge this morning is that the Tories (represented by The Saj and Uncle Tom Kwarteng) know to the second how quickly Labour's spending (calculated to the penny) will bankrupt the country, but are unable/unwilling to reveal their own plans, or even unaware of them. Fucking clowns. 

Best lack of self-awareness of the morning was Kwasi condemning racism and discrimination in all forms - yet his leader is the man to take the country forward. 

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Wonder if many Tories who voted tactically for Swinson last time will go back to the Tories in East Dunbartonshire? Suppose it depends whether getting Brexit or stopping Indy is most important to them.

I thought the Tories would get nearly wiped out in Scotland but Sturgeon's insistence on a second independence referendum as a price for  a Labour deal will probably end up saving them. And remind Tories to vote tactically against the SNP. 

29 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If this isn’t headline news in the MSM over the next couple of days (once they’ve had the chance to check the accuracy) then there’s something far wrong.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You want food banks to close?

Really?

How will folk who need them get food?

You haven't thought this through at all have you?

You really are a piece of garbage, aren't you.

Edited by beefybake

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You want food banks to close?

Really?

How will folk who need them get food?

You haven't thought this through at all have you?

Either you are at it or you are as naive as you are nasty.

Even if one subscibes to the notion that there's no poverty today, not like there was poverty in the old days, I find it a national calamity that food banks exist at all.

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

All I wanted was a simple answer guys. No need for the predictable abuse.

Do you want food banks closed or not?

If you close them, how will you feed those who need to use them?

They shouldn't be closed at this moment, because they're essential.

The first step though to minimising their use, is to vote out a Tory administration who will simply increase the gap between the haves and have-nots in the UK.

We have the biggest wealth gap in the western world, outside the USA. And the Tories are working hard to catch up America. 

You seem concerned about the fate of the less well off.....surely them you must agree with me that getting rid of a Tory government who care nothing about the most unfortunate in society is the first step to rectifying the problem ? 

Yes, and simply make sure people, no matter who they are, are supported enough to prevent them being sent to them.

All I wanted was a simple answer guys. No need for the predictable abuse.
Do you want food banks closed or not?
If you close them, how will you feed those who need to use them?

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, oaksoft said:

Can you name a time in history when there was a government in place and food banks weren't needed?

That's my point really.

You could hand everyone £1m tonight and there will ALWAYS be people at foodbanks within weeks.

This nonsense about wanting them gone is just idealistic virtue signalling by people who think real-life problems like this can be fixed in a simple way.

If they CAN be fixed no government of any hue has managed it since people starting living in caves so I'm all ears.

You reckon simply removing the Tories will end the need for foodbanks? I respectfully disagree and there is plenty of evidence to back that view.

I reject the premise of your last sentence altogether - especially the bit in bold.

Do you acknowledge the fact that the UK has the largest gap between the haves and have nots in western society, outside the USA ?

And given that you recognise this, why do you think that is ? And do you actually believe that a future Tory administration will help close this gap, given that they've been responsible for it increasing over the last 9 years ? 

Straight answers please, no whataboutery. 

21 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Do you acknowledge the fact that the UK has the largest gap between the haves and have nots in western society, outside the USA ?

And given that you recognise this, why do you think that is ?

Clearly true and, having spent a lot of time doing business in countries where the rich/poor gap is closer such as Sweden, Finland and Switzerland, the clear answer is that both the UK and the US have a disenfranchised  underclass.