Suspect Device

Voting Intentions

General Election  

234 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I will vote SNP in Airdrie/Shotts . I have travelled in 50 years of political interest from Labour in the Dennis Healey type notions of the 60s/70s to losing touch when Michael Foot led to the losses of the 80s. for my sins and I now repent, I found myself voting Conservative but longing for a Scottish dimension as I saw Thatcher as an English Nationalist. I left them when they wanted to privatise Scottish water boards -a step too far for me. I gradually became attracted to the SNP when Labour foisted Helen Liddell/John Reid  on Airdrie. New Labour lost my support in UK terms over the lies about Iraq  and I could not abide Haque /IDS/Howard . I never supported the initial Devolution road but I now see it as the only defence against being in

a Conservative dominated UK.  I suspect the "Fishing" communities will still send back Conservatives and the Borders may go Lib Dem in taking out some Tories,  but I can' t see the SNP taking 50+ this time as the default position for many "No thanks"/Remain  voters still look like  favouring the UK "Union" before the EU which should boost the LIb Dems much as I can't abide Swinson/Carmichael/ Rennie. Labour look in trouble outside Edinburgh and East Lothian ,but the missing 500,000 in 2017 may respond to a more energetic SNP campaign this time. In the rest of the UK I have no idea what will happen until the manifesto campaigns get going.

Unfortunately I’ll be voting for the safe seat of Drew Hendry in Inverness rather than voting against the smug, Tory c**t Luke Graham in Ochil and South #Perthshire this time.
We should make this poll public so the Tories can be outed and shamed. 

You not got anyone down there you can trust to do a proxy vote for you? I’ve got my step dad voting for me, Wishart needs all the votes he can get considering how tight it was last time.

This chat from some people - “oh the SNP seat is safe here and I usually vote for them so I’ll probably vote for such and such instead” - is absolutely mental behaviour. It’s a clear battle between the SNP and the Tories, voting the Greens or any other party because you prefer them is folly. It’s complacency like this that will late Tories take seats. Worrying.

If you want the independence agenda to remain at the forefront, if you want Indy Ref 2, you vote SNP. Simple as that. Vote for someone else after independence.

10 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

You not got anyone down there you can trust to do a proxy vote for you? I’ve got my step dad voting for me, Wishart needs all the votes he can get considering how tight it was last time.

I stupidly registered my new address when I moved up here, so unfortunately can’t just proxy vote here.

There was a big unionist tactical vote in O&SP in 2017, with the main swing being from Labour >>> Conservative rather than  away from the SNP, but the majority is only 3000, and Luke Graham is a moron, so I’m hopeful that both #perthshire seats are yellow come Christmas. 

5 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Unfortunately I’ll be voting for the safe seat of Drew Hendry in Inverness rather than voting against the smug, Tory c**t Luke Graham in Ochil and South #Perthshire this time.

We should make this poll public so the Tories can be outed and shamed. 

Careful what you wish for, Inverness has been represented by Tory, Liberal, Labour and now a SNP MP,

Don’t get all wingsy, best just to vote for the good guys who can do it in the context of first past the post.

Im struggling to get enthusiasm for Gavin Newlands in Renfrewshire, hes a bit of a fanny and not who i’d pick to represent me. That said hes the only pro-indy candidate so its either vote snp as a means to an end or spoil a ballot. I’d never vote for the Tory vermin.

I'll be voting for Patrick Grady, as I have in every election in which I have had the opportunity, all the way back to the Strathclyde Student elections in 2001.

Kenny MacAskill selected to fight the East Lothian seat, theres been a huge number of new build housing at the west end of the county and a Tory local councillor was elected in one of these wards. Going to be interesting as the labour mp was just voting fodder for labour. Kenny MacAskill should stir up a lot of votes for the SNP so hopefully gets the seat back after George Kerevan lost it last time round, here's hoping.

I will be voting SNP as I always have.

Being from the north east the only time my candidate won was when Alex Salmond took the Gordon seat.

Now I am in the Yes voting city of Dundee, Chris Law is now my candidate and I fully expect a win from him.

No idea who the minor mentalists in my seat are yet.

I’ll read up on the candidates and see if I can be bothered voting for any of them.

21 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

SNP obvs. No other choice in Angus unless one wishes to return that fucking bimbo to Parliament.

Surely Hair will be out. Then again it's Angus! 

Believe the candidate is a highly rated SNP P&K councillor Doogan? 

5 hours ago, ali_91 said:

There was a big unionist tactical vote in O&SP in 2017, with the main swing being from Labour >>> Conservative rather than  away from the SNP, but the majority is only 3000, and Luke Graham is a moron, so I’m hopeful that both #perthshire seats are yellow come Christmas. 

I'm still in denial that Clacks elected a Tory, never mind an empty suit with a parachute. I blame the malign influence of Perthshire.

Nothing to do with the fact that I'd arranged for our MP to come to an event just after the last election, expecting to receive the fragrant Tasmina, only to be sent Tory boy  <_<

13 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Surely Hair will be out. Then again it's Angus! 

Believe the candidate is a highly rated SNP P&K councillor Doogan? 

Hopefully. She's fucking useless. Aye, it's Doogan. Do you know much about him?

I'm still in denial that Clacks elected a Tory, never mind an empty suit with a parachute. I blame the malign influence of Perthshire.

Nothing to do with the fact that I'd arranged for our MP to come to an event just after the last election, expecting to receive the fragrant Tasmina, only to be sent Tory boy  <_>

Tasmina Ahmed Sheikh was just as much of a carpetbagger as Luke Graham. All the opposition leaflets in 2017 were about her not living in the constituency and never being here outside photo opportunities etc.

I stupidly registered my new address when I moved up here, so unfortunately can’t just proxy vote here.

My girlfriends mother is a big Tory, always found it strange considering she is from Glasgow (Apparently her fellow Glaswegians had Thatcher wrong....).

Even she is struggling to vote for Graham having met him on a few occasions. He’s very full of himself, and when he does surgeries shows very little interest unless he can squeeze in an “SNP BAAAAAAAD.