Voting Intentions

Suspect Device

General Election  

234 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Fella I know that is Independence daft has posted his vote. Voted Labour. He wants rid of the Tories, that was his reasoning. He lives in a seat where Labour are nowhere near the incumbent SNP MP.

Some people really don’t have a clue emoji23.png

I’ve got quite a few people like that on my Facebook. I really don’t know where to start with such idiocy.

My independence hating mother is voting SNP as she hates Boris and Corbyn more then will vote No in any future referendum. However all of her elderly neighbours are voting Tory as despite most stating Boris is going to the worst PM the country has ever had they still hate the thought of Independence more. 

8 minutes ago, Jute said:

My independence hating mother is voting SNP as she hates Boris and Corbyn more then will vote No in any future referendum. However all of her elderly neighbours are voting Tory as despite most stating Boris is going to the worst PM the country has ever had they still hate the thought of Independence more

Why on Earth is she making her own decision? Why are any of them? Surely decisions like general elections are best left to others for those who despise the concept of independence... 

20 minutes ago, Jute said:

My independence hating mother is voting SNP as she hates Boris and Corbyn more then will vote No in any future referendum. However all of her elderly neighbours are voting Tory as despite most stating Boris is going to the worst PM the country has ever had they still hate the thought of Independence more. 

It's the young who will make Independence eventually happen for Scotland, it's their future.

They have grown up having no affiliation with England and consider themselves wholly Scottish and never British, unlike a past generation who came through a war alongside the english which coloured their views.

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

It's the young who will make Independence eventually happen for Scotland, it's their future.

They have grown up having no affiliation with England and consider themselves wholly Scottish and never British, unlike a past generation who came through a war alongside the english which coloured their views.

People become more ‘conservative’ as they grow older.

I hope that does not mean that the overwhelming majority of young people who support Independence abandon that position.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I hope that does not mean that the overwhelming majority of young people who support Independence abandon that position.

And some of them voted "Leave" in the referendum.

I may be an exception then as I feel more left wing the older I am getting. I have lived through the Thatcher years but at least you knew where you stood with her. The current clown in charge has no morals or empathy and has a history of lying.
It depresses me enough that there are many down south voting for them but when Scots vote Tory, FFS!

1 hour ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I may be an exception then as I feel more left wing the older I am getting. I have lived through the Thatcher years but at least you knew where you stood with her. The current clown in charge has no morals or empathy and has a history of lying.
It depresses me enough that there are many down south voting for them but when Scots vote Tory, FFS!

You're not an exception. I'm a grumpy old b*****d but with every day that passes, I grow stronger in my belief that Scotland should be governed by whatever option Scotland chooses. I fear being deid before I see it happen. I caught a bit of Newsnight last night from East Renfrewshire and they interviewed women of a certain age who make you despair. All well heeled. In the west of Scotland they should just ask these people what school they went to and who their father supported - no further questions required. Staunch with make up on. 

23 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I always thought that no Tory government would ever outdo  the likes of Thatcher ,Tebbit etc in levels of cuntishness but by christ this mob make them look like feckin amateurs. I dont know about the Borders , Aberdeen etc but the central belt Tory voters are rabid Loyalists, more concerned about having a wee Union Jack to flaunt against the Timmies at Ibrox than the future of the country. People who choose their politics based on their football team are generally regarded as thick as shit and none of ra peepul Tory voters i' ve spoken to has dispelled that consensus. 

I was dabbling with the idea of spoiling my ballot paper this year due to the lack of anything decent in Falkirk.  SNP, Cons, Green, Lib Dem and Labour albeit the latter has been suspended for anti-semetic comments.    Ended up voting lib dem for the first time as they were the lesser of the 4 evils to choose from.

3 hours ago, Mr Pikey said:

I always thought that no Tory government would ever outdo  the likes of Thatcher ,Tebbit etc in levels of cuntishness but by christ this mob make them look like feckin amateurs. I dont know about the Borders , Aberdeen etc but the central belt Tory voters are rabid Loyalists, more concerned about having a wee Union Jack to flaunt against the Timmies at Ibrox than the future of the country. People who choose their politics based on their football team are generally regarded as thick as shit and none of ra peepul Tory voters i' ve spoken to has dispelled that consensus. 

2 lads in my office are from Fife. Both ****. Both tories and claim it's nothing to do with supporting the ****. They can never tell me a policy they support rather mumble something about the SNP ones they don't like.