Voting Intentions

Suspect Device

General Election  

234 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

SNP obvs. No other choice in Angus unless one wishes to return that fucking bimbo to Parliament.

Surely Hair will be out. Then again it's Angus! 

Believe the candidate is a highly rated SNP P&K councillor Doogan? 

5 hours ago, ali_91 said:

There was a big unionist tactical vote in O&SP in 2017, with the main swing being from Labour >>> Conservative rather than  away from the SNP, but the majority is only 3000, and Luke Graham is a moron, so I’m hopeful that both #perthshire seats are yellow come Christmas. 

I'm still in denial that Clacks elected a Tory, never mind an empty suit with a parachute. I blame the malign influence of Perthshire.

Nothing to do with the fact that I'd arranged for our MP to come to an event just after the last election, expecting to receive the fragrant Tasmina, only to be sent Tory boy  <_<

I stupidly registered my new address when I moved up here, so unfortunately can’t just proxy vote here.

There was a big unionist tactical vote in O&SP in 2017, with the main swing being from Labour >>> Conservative rather than  away from the SNP, but the majority is only 3000, and Luke Graham is a moron, so I’m hopeful that both #perthshire seats are yellow come Christmas. 

My girlfriends mother is a big Tory, always found it strange considering she is from Glasgow (Apparently her fellow Glaswegians had Thatcher wrong....).

Even she is struggling to vote for Graham having met him on a few occasions. He’s very full of himself, and when he does surgeries shows very little interest unless he can squeeze in an “SNP BAAAAAAAD.

Guest Bob Mahelp
12 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

This chat from some people - “oh the SNP seat is safe here and I usually vote for them so I’ll probably vote for such and such instead” - is absolutely mental behaviour. It’s a clear battle between the SNP and the Tories, voting the Greens or any other party because you prefer them is folly. It’s complacency like this that will late Tories take seats. Worrying.

If you want the independence agenda to remain at the forefront, if you want Indy Ref 2, you vote SNP. Simple as that. Vote for someone else after independence.

This exactly. 

I'm incredulous that some people say that they support the SNP but will vote for the Greens or whatever because the SNP are 'guaranteed to win the seat'.

That is insane. This isn't fucking proportional representation, it's first past the post. And it's the kind of nutcase logic that means that the SNP could lose seats. 

As pointed out above, if you support independence and/or want indy ref 2, there's only one possible party to vote for. 

Tasmina Ahmed Sheikh was just as much of a carpetbagger as Luke Graham. All the opposition leaflets in 2017 were about her not living in the constituency and never being here outside photo opportunities etc.

I know. But which would you rather turn up to a photo op, was my point. I'm nothing if not superficial.

The SNP probably helped soften the electorate to the idea of voting for a Tory by parachuting one in to start with.

Edinburgh North & Leith for me. There is, somehow, a small but very real possibility the Tories can take this seat. Results from 2017:

SNP 19k
Labour 17k
Tories 15k
Lib Dems 2k
Greens 1k

Looks like it’ll be the same five parties running again. You’d presume that plenty of those Labour votes will siphon to the Lib Dems, bumping up the Tories to second. If SNP/Green then splits the indy vote a bit more than before and you have a possibility the Tories come through the middle.

Expect the SNP will hold on, there surely can’t be many people here planning to vote Tory who didn’t in 2017. But a Tory MP in Leith would be quite the tale...

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Tasmina Ahmed Sheikh was just as much of a carpetbagger as Luke Graham. All the opposition leaflets in 2017 were about her not living in the constituency and never being here outside photo opportunities etc.

This is the main reason why Swinson could be in trouble.

She was pretty popular in the constituency previously, but has lost a lot of that goodwill with her disappearance to Kent.

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Honestly I hope the SNP don't make extra effort to defeat her. There are really good MPs like Stephen Gethins who need to be saved in much tighter fights.

The whole decapitation thing is a red herring, makes a good headline but it doesn't make the party go away. Like all the effort to defeat Ian Blackford won't make Scottish Nationalism disappear if they're successful.

It's nothing to do with decapitation of the party for me, I just can't fucking stand Swinson and I'd rather she was sent packing. I'd feel the same if she wasn't leader.

Quick question: who's the single voter plumping for the Brexit Party?  :lol:

Also curious who the (currently) 5 'other' voters are endorsing - independents? Spoiling their ballot paper? The Natural Law Party, are they still about?

1 hour ago, Paco said:

Edinburgh North & Leith for me. There is, somehow, a small but very real possibility the Tories can take this seat. Results from 2017:

SNP 19k
Labour 17k
Tories 15k
Lib Dems 2k
Greens 1k

Looks like it’ll be the same five parties running again. You’d presume that plenty of those Labour votes will siphon to the Lib Dems, bumping up the Tories to second. If SNP/Green then splits the indy vote a bit more than before and you have a possibility the Tories come through the middle.

Expect the SNP will hold on, there surely can’t be many people here planning to vote Tory who didn’t in 2017. But a Tory MP in Leith would be quite the tale...

The greens will  be aware of this. They won't allow it to happen.

If Kirstene Hair gets back in, in Angus, I’ll be fucking raging. I’ll be visiting the local SNP office next week to see what I can do to help out, whether it’s leaflet delivery etc. I’ve never been motivated enough to help out in the past, although being very pro-Indy, but f**k this. 1 less Tory is well worth the effort.

2 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

The greens will  be aware of this. They won't allow it to happen.

Re your signature: maybe it's because people seeking Scottish independence generally refer to themselves as Scottish Nationalists, and those seeking to leave the EU call themselves Brexiteers.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

If you can, do some door to door canvassing. It can be awkward but it's by far the most valuable thing you can do as a volunteer.

Doubt if it will change anyone's mind, but it shows someone actually cares about their vote and could gee them up about actually going to the polling station or post box. Well worth the effort. Unless @Brother Blades is very frightening looking. 

6 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

If you can, do some door to door canvassing. It can be awkward but it's by far the most valuable thing you can do as a volunteer.

So long as those doing it knows what the objective is.

Yeah, I’m more than happy to do that, probably need some more insight on what way to answer some questions, that’s what I’ll be asking the local office for guidance on.
I’d really like to engage with the electorate, even if only to give my reasons for voting SNP.