Voting Intentions

Suspect Device

General Election  

234 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm pro-indy but not a huge fan of the SNP. I voted up here for them last time as I was concerned the Tories would make gains. They did, but nowhere near enough. I see myself more of a natural Green voter than SNP. The fact they are also pro-Indy helps.
Why take the risk of the Tories getting in for the sake of a token Green vote?

The age/political allegiance statistics shows the ignorance of many older people.  Care for the elderly has suffered due to austerity, more so outwith Scotland.

Also shows that they don’t give a flying f**k about the future of their children and grandchildren.

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

Unfortunately I’ll be voting for the safe seat of Drew Hendry in Inverness rather than voting against the smug, Tory c**t Luke Graham in Ochil and South #Perthshire this time.

We should make this poll public so the Tories can be outed and shamed. 

Do you really need to be 'outed' if your a Tory ? I'm a Tory, so much I'm thinking of changing my name by deed poll to Gammon McGammonface. Will that surfice for an outing ?

I will vote SNP in Airdrie/Shotts . I have travelled in 50 years of political interest from Labour in the Dennis Healey type notions of the 60s/70s to losing touch when Michael Foot led to the losses of the 80s. for my sins and I now repent, I found myself voting Conservative but longing for a Scottish dimension as I saw Thatcher as an English Nationalist. I left them when they wanted to privatise Scottish water boards -a step too far for me. I gradually became attracted to the SNP when Labour foisted Helen Liddell/John Reid  on Airdrie. New Labour lost my support in UK terms over the lies about Iraq  and I could not abide Haque /IDS/Howard . I never supported the initial Devolution road but I now see it as the only defence against being in

a Conservative dominated UK.  I suspect the "Fishing" communities will still send back Conservatives and the Borders may go Lib Dem in taking out some Tories,  but I can' t see the SNP taking 50+ this time as the default position for many "No thanks"/Remain  voters still look like  favouring the UK "Union" before the EU which should boost the LIb Dems much as I can't abide Swinson/Carmichael/ Rennie. Labour look in trouble outside Edinburgh and East Lothian ,but the missing 500,000 in 2017 may respond to a more energetic SNP campaign this time. In the rest of the UK I have no idea what will happen until the manifesto campaigns get going.

Unfortunately I’ll be voting for the safe seat of Drew Hendry in Inverness rather than voting against the smug, Tory c**t Luke Graham in Ochil and South #Perthshire this time.

You not got anyone down there you can trust to do a proxy vote for you? I’ve got my step dad voting for me, Wishart needs all the votes he can get considering how tight it was last time.

This chat from some people - “oh the SNP seat is safe here and I usually vote for them so I’ll probably vote for such and such instead” - is absolutely mental behaviour. It’s a clear battle between the SNP and the Tories, voting the Greens or any other party because you prefer them is folly. It’s complacency like this that will late Tories take seats. Worrying.

If you want the independence agenda to remain at the forefront, if you want Indy Ref 2, you vote SNP. Simple as that. Vote for someone else after independence.

5 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Careful what you wish for, Inverness has been represented by Tory, Liberal, Labour and now a SNP MP,

Don’t get all wingsy, best just to vote for the good guys who can do it in the context of first past the post.

Kenny MacAskill selected to fight the East Lothian seat, theres been a huge number of new build housing at the west end of the county and a Tory local councillor was elected in one of these wards. Going to be interesting as the labour mp was just voting fodder for labour. Kenny MacAskill should stir up a lot of votes for the SNP so hopefully gets the seat back after George Kerevan lost it last time round, here's hoping.

I will be voting SNP as I always have.

Being from the north east the only time my candidate won was when Alex Salmond took the Gordon seat.

Now I am in the Yes voting city of Dundee, Chris Law is now my candidate and I fully expect a win from him.

Big Tommy Sheppard should absolutely stroll it round my way. Sheila Gilmore standing for Slab again, not the worst of that rabble, but she knocked on my door for Better Together in 2014 and spouted some Malky esque bullshit.