Voting Intentions

Suspect Device

General Election  

234 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, Utter Roaster said:

Freudian slip in the poll, @Suspect Device? Presumably supposed to be Conservative and Unionist party, but is actually closer to Conservative and Onanist, which kinda describes their leader to a T.

Anyways, +1 for SNP here.

No slip at all.

Well done on being the first to notice it. 

Edit: Just noticed my spelling. 🥺

Edited by Suspect Device

30 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

No slip at all.

Well done on being the first to notice it. 

Think it’s more a case of being the first to assume it was a Freudian slip rather than (that rare beast) a half decent pun.

Will likely vote for Green down here. With a current Labour majority of around 28,000 can't see anything but another comfortable Labour win. The positive part of that being at least it won't be Jim Fitzpatrick and his vote for any Brexit shtick this time.

The Lib Dems won't form a coalition with the Tories because they'll have to go along with whatever Johnson wants from Brexit; it's a non-starter.  Any alliances will fall firmly on leave/remain lines. 

I also predict the Brexit party will not win a single seat at the expense of the Conservatives. 

I don't think the Brexit Party will win any seats either - but they don't need to to have an affect on the Tory vote.

Even if they get only 10% of the vote it is enough to swing some constituencies against the Tories.

Listening to Radio 4 tonight and it's clear the Brexit Party will not he standing aside.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I don't think the Brexit Party will win any seats either - but they don't need to to have an affect on the Tory vote.

Even if they get only 10% of the vote it is enough to swing some constituencies against the Tories.

Listening to Radio 4 tonight and it's clear the Brexit Party will not he standing aside.

The Conservative vote at the moment looks high enough to withstand the BP. 

BP support will melt the minute the polls look like a 'remain' parliamnent will result. The Tories are the party of Brexit now. 

Can easily see SNP winning 50+ seats up here but i think the overall outcome will unfortunately hinge on Farage,

He has been quiet so far, which makes me think he may lie down in many marginal English seats to help out Boris - therefore ushering in a Tory Maj, however if hes dosent and takes a rake of votes or maybe even seats of the Tories, a hung parliament is most likely IMO and  if Labour ends up the largest party in a minority government, a Section 30 order should be the SNPs price.

Can easily see SNP winning 50+ seats up here but i think the overall outcome will unfortunately hinge on Farage,
He has been quiet so far, which makes me think he may lie down in many marginal English seats to help out Boris - therefore ushering in a Tory Maj, however if hes dosent and takes a rake of votes or maybe even seats of the Tories, a hung parliament is most likely IMO and  if Labour ends up the largest party in a minority government, a Section 30 order should be the SNPs price.
A section 30 order will be their first red line.

Heard a guy on the radio this morning - an election expert, I think he was described as - who reckoned there would be at least 100 non Labour and Conservative MPs after the election.

50 (+?) Snp + 18 NI = 68, so need 32 "others". Likely? (59 SNP would mean only 23 others needed.) I'm sure there will be a couple of Plaid Cymru and 1 Green, so that takes you down to 29/20, depending on SNP numbers.

20 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Heard a guy on the radio this morning - an election expert, I think he was described as - who reckoned there would be at least 100 non Labour and Conservative MPs after the election.

50 (+?) Snp + 18 NI = 68, so need 32 "others". Likely? (59 SNP would mean only 23 others needed.) I'm sure there will be a couple of Plaid Cymru and 1 Green, so that takes you down to 29/20, depending on SNP numbers.

That was John Curtice, the Strathclyde guy that does the exit-poll modelling. He's some boy. Pretty sure his exit-poll was like 1 seat off in 2017.

1 minute ago, Big Fifer said:

That was John Curtice, the Strathclyde guy that does the exit-poll modelling. He's some boy. Pretty sure his exit-poll was like 1 seat off in 2017.

He looked like he was shitting himself that he'd got it wrong because none of the other pollsters agreed with him. Sweating bollocks.