Mid-Life Crisis

25 minutes ago, Snafu said:

When I think of midlife crisis I think of

Image result for breaking bad walter white

Sporting a nice pair of Clarks wallabees* there. Excellent.

eta no euph, the shoes.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

12 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Sporting a nice pair of Clarks wallabees* there. Excellent.

eta no euph, the shoes.

Thank you.

A very comfortable shoe. The wife is not a fan though so I wear them at every opportunity. 

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

The 2019 official Clarks/Wu Tang range:

D7EBB5F2-A2E0-485F-92A1-2BA35EFDB346.jpeg

I knew Wu-Tang had a range but had no idea it was those - my boy's had an unworn pair of those beige ones sat on his shoe rack for months. 

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Its a sad sign of middle age that comfort takes priority over fashion or looking good.

Those shoes have been around for decades and I'm sure I had a pair of these back when I was in school. Not recommended for playing lunch time football in, you very quickly go from one of the first choices when teams are selected to one of the last that no c**t wants.

I never played in them but I can imagine attempting to curl one into the top corner from 20 yards only to land it on the roof of the school huts. Those toes don't look ideal for accuracy. 

3 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I knew Wu-Tang had a range but had no idea it was those - my boy's had an unworn pair of those beige ones sat on his shoe rack for months. 

I was always more into a Patrick Cox Wannabe than a Wallabee. Quite like a pair of black desert boots though.

20 minutes ago, Snafu said:

It's a sad sign of middle age that comfort takes priority over fashion or looking good.

I know, I bought my first pair of Espadrilles not too long ago, thinking of the best comfort to price ratio, instead of the usual 'ba's oot' £140 Nikes without a second thought.

Hello midlife!

34 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

A very comfortable shoe. The wife is not a fan though so I wear them at every opportunity. 

Could boot her in the pie wearing a pair of suede ones, wouldn't be too sore, just a mild warning.

17 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Quite like a pair of black desert boots though.

Wear these fuckers everyday, well worth the £110, buy a pair tomorrow.

Thank you.

Ha, I remember a good few years back, I was walking to a friends house, the walk took me along a path next to a railway line. I saw a burst football lying on the path, so naturally I kicked it, and it went over the fence and over the other side of the railway. Unfortunately, so did my fucking trainer. Hadn't bother tying my laces and had just tucked them inside my trainers.

3 minutes ago, philpy said:

Ha, I remember a good few years back, I was walking to a friends house, the walk took me along a path next to a railway line. I saw a burst football lying on the path, so naturally I kicked it, and it went over the fence and over the other side of the railway. Unfortunately, so did my fucking trainer. Hadn't bother tying my laces and had just tucked them inside my trainers.

The trick with burst footballs was to enlarge the hole to accommodate a half brick, then leave it for unsuspecting passers by.

13 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The trick with burst footballs was to enlarge the hole to accommodate a half brick, then leave it for unsuspecting passers by.

Brought back memories of a few of us having to carry a mate a few hundred meters out the park before deciding his screams were too much and we would just leave him there while some of us phoned an ambulance from a nearby call box and the rest went to alert his parents. Some sadistic b*****d had found what turned out to be a broken garden ornament swan, minus the neck and head, and put the skin of a burst ball around it. Thing was the perfect size and shape and did not look like anything other than a slightly deflated old football. Our boy seen it, took a good run up and with near perfect technique, put his laces right through it. Then collapsed in agony having smashed his foot to pieces.

13 hours ago, philpy said:

Oh Philpy!

IMG_0170.JPG

17 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Brought back memories of a few of us having to carry a mate a few hundred meters out the park before deciding his screams were too much and we would just leave him there while some of us phoned an ambulance from a nearby call box and the rest went to alert his parents. Some sadistic b*****d had found what turned out to be a broken garden ornament swan, minus the neck and head, and put the skin of a burst ball around it. Thing was the perfect size and shape and did not look like anything other than a slightly deflated old football. Our boy seen it, took a good run up and with near perfect technique, put his laces right through it. Then collapsed in agony having smashed his foot to pieces.

Image result for man kicks ball on beach gif