Mid-Life Crisis

6 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Buying a 2 seater sports car and trying to pump and18 year old.

I have a theory that middle-aged guys who do stuff like buy 2 seater sports cars or motorbikes is because their kids have flown the nest so they don't have to be a taxi anymore and it's probably the first time they've had disposable income in about two decades. They also have spare rooms to at last put their drum kit. 

Personally I can't fucking wait. 

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

What are the warning signs? 

1 Thoughts of buying a sports car

2 Thinking an 18 year old will be your passenger

4 Agreeing with many of the comments on Moaning-Faced Auld Duffers thread

5 Buying an expensive guitar and thinking it'll be easier to learn this time

6 Drawing up lists

7 Making simple mistakes

8 Forgetting what you were going to do ne

Buying a fast powerful motorbike and squeezing your fat arse into leather trousers and begin hanging out at the new Harley & Ducatti complexes in Hillington. Enjoy it while it lasts because you are about to die in a head-on collision on the Loch Lomond road, with a German family driving a Citroen Picasso who are on the wrong side of the road.

Let us all know which team you support, we could go out and tie team jerseys and painted bedsheets to the nearest tree.

I think it's a myth. 

When I was a youngster there was a guy who stayed at the bottom of my street who used to buy and sell Lotus cars. I always admired them and wanted a Lotus ever since. In my 20's and 30's I still wanted one, but couldn't afford it but I decided once the kids were grown up I'd be in a better position to go and get my dream car. Then when I turned 50 I realised that the only way I'd be able to get into a Lotus these days would be to lie down on the pavement and roll in off the kerb. These things are fucking tiny!

2 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

1 Thoughts of buying a sports car

2 Thinking an 18 year old will be your passenger

4 Agreeing with many of the comments on Moaning-Faced Auld Duffers thread

5 Buying an expensive guitar and thinking it'll be easier to learn this time

6 Drawing up lists

7 Making simple mistakes

8 Forgetting what you were going to do ne

3 Forgetting how to count

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Buying a fast powerful motorbike and squeezing your fat arse into leather trousers and begin hanging out at the new Harley & Ducatti complexes in Hillington. Enjoy it while it lasts because you are about to die in a head-on collision on the Loch Lomond road, with a German family driving a Citroen Picasso who are on the wrong side of the road.

Let us all know which team you support, we could go out and tie team jerseys and painted bedsheets to the nearest tree.

I’ve had a motorbike for 10 years or so though not an out and out super bike so I might be ok on that front.  

Will you take down the CR Smith top first before you put mine up please?

The sooner in life you accept that you aren’t special, no one really cares about you and you are eventually going to die following 5 + decades of utter drudgery the least likely you are to suffer a midlife crisis IMO.

25 minutes ago, throbber said:

The sooner in life you accept that you aren’t special, no one really cares about you and you are eventually going to die following 5 + decades of utter drudgery the least likely you are to suffer a midlife crisis IMO.

Read that as Tyler Durden.