Motherwell v Kilmarnock - Wednesday 30th October

9 minutes ago, ayrshire_nomad said:

Enjoyed well's wee group of fannies keeping the ball in the stand when killie won a throw in.

I'm confident that will never come back to bite you, ever!

I was fully expecting a sympathy penalty for Killie/12 mins of added time after that - raging.

Two of the better sides in the league, both should comfortably make top 6, and expect close games between them all season. ‘Well got the decision last night that provided an advantage, but still had to break down a well drilled unit. 3 tough won points. Up to Killie to bounce back in Sheepland and stay comfortably top 5.

We’ve been fearful of a lack of strikers all season, now suddenly centre backs are harder to find than a well balanced twisted sisters fan! Such is life. Forza Killie

1 hour ago, ayrshire_nomad said:

Look forward craig, think about our new standing section when were 1-0 up against them in December, dream like me lol

Nah, f**k this kind of behaviour. That's something that I totally can't abide, regardless of the circumstances. Get the fucking ball back. 

I completely accept it was a tight call and it went in our favour this time but on some occasions the ref would have deemed it a fair challenge. With the benefit of slow-mo and a different angle we can see it was the right decision but it wasn't clearly wrong or shocking decision some Kilmarnock fans claimed it was (although further comments show of them are clearly at the wind-up).

I was actually very impressed with Killie and their discipline- something we could learn from when we're trying to see a game out.

As a neutral who admires both teams for the manner in which they try to play the game I am surprised the sending off decision has created so much debate. The fact that Kilmarnock have decided to appeal the red card does them no credit at all. 

IMO it was an obvious red card for the following reasons:

1. No attempt to play the ball - simply took the motherwell player out. 

2. The attacker was ahead of Bruce and running through on goal so had a goal scoring opportunity

3. Bruce, when he made the tackle, was the last man. 

Given the above circumstances there was nothing 'tight' about the decision it was a no-brainer. The referee got it absolutely correct - a red card. 

I would like to known the grounds on which Kilmarnock are appealing other than doing so just to make themselves appear harshly treated! 

I suggest Kilmarnock forget about the appeal  and move on! 

The fact it’s taken several angles and slo mo to determine who actually played the ball proves how close Bruce was to performing a brilliant last gasp tackle. So to say 

1. No attempt to play the ball - simply took the motherwell player out

is at best bollocks, or just displays a total lack of football understanding. 

37 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

The fact it’s taken several angles and slo mo to determine who actually played the ball proves how close Bruce was to performing a brilliant last gasp tackle. So to say 

Ref spotted it right away, no cameras needed.

51 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

My understanding of football might not be as sophisticated as yours but I do know that when an attacker is ahead of a defender and is running through on goal then that represents a goal scoring opportunity.

I also understand that if the defender makes a sliding tackle from behind the attacker (who has a goal scoring opportunity) and doesn't get the ball then he is in serious danger of a red card. 

Finally, if the defender is the last man (which Bruce was) and commits any sort of foul which prevents a goal scoring opportunity then its a red card. 

I think the above shows a reasonable understanding of football and this situation. 

My immediate reaction on seeing the incident was that Bruce did take out the Motherwell player and as you have agreed, close or not, he didn't get the ball so only conclusion is - a red card. 

Bruce's body language and lack of protest from himself and team mates suggests he knew he was in trouble. I rest my case. Goodnight and hope to speak again soon.