Motherwell v Kilmarnock - Wednesday 30th October

Guest Moomintroll

A red card and goal from the resulting free kick after 15 minutes because of a wrong decision. Bloody infuriating.
Yes, Red card will be rescinded. Needless to say the Referee will not be disciplined, that is disgraceful. Under the new guidelines a Red Card should only be issued when the attacker is subject to a violent tackle where no attempt to win the baĺl is made.

10 minutes ago, Coooombe said:

A red card and goal from the resulting free kick after 15 minutes because of a wrong decision. Bloody infuriating.

There are 3 angles showing the tackle.

The 2 going about social media make it look like a bad decision. The 3rd angle (which isn't being shared) shows that it was a red card offence.

11 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
19 minutes ago, Coooombe said:

Yes, Red card will be rescinded. Needless to say the Referee will not be disciplined, that is disgraceful. Under the new guidelines a Red Card should only be issued when the attacker is subject to a violent tackle where no attempt to win the baĺl is made.

That is only for tackles inside the box. It doesn't matter though, because it's not a foul at all.

10 minutes ago, dumpweed said:

There are 3 angles showing the tackle.

The 2 going about social media make it look like a bad decision. The 3rd angle (which isn't being shared) shows that it was a red card offence.

I'm struggling to think of what a third angle could show that would make it look any different, given that it's very clear from both of the angles shown that Bruce comes across the front of the striker and plays the ball cleanly.

Guest Moomintroll
That is only for tackles inside the box. It doesn't matter though, because it's not a foul at all.
I know, the double jeopardy rule, that was my clumsy point.

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm struggling to think of what a third angle could show that would make it look any different, given that it's very clear from both of the angles shown that Bruce comes across the front of the striker and plays the ball cleanly.

The 3rd angle shows that it's the striker who plays the ball first.