Motherwell v Kilmarnock - Wednesday 30th October

9 hours ago, Exiledjag said:

My understanding of football might not be as sophisticated as yours but I do know that when an attacker is ahead of a defender and is running through on goal then that represents a goal scoring opportunity.

I also understand that if the defender makes a sliding tackle from behind the attacker (who has a goal scoring opportunity) and doesn't get the ball then he is in serious danger of a red card. 

Finally, if the defender is the last man (which Bruce was) and commits any sort of foul which prevents a goal scoring opportunity then its a red card. 

I think the above shows a reasonable understanding of football and this situation. 

My immediate reaction on seeing the incident was that Bruce did take out the Motherwell player and as you have agreed, close or not, he didn't get the ball so only conclusion is - a red card. 

Bruce's body language and lack of protest from himself and team mates suggests he knew he was in trouble. I rest my case. Goodnight and hope to speak again soon. 

Good morning.
Semantics. None of that changes the “no attempt to play the ball” comment bollocks you first came out with, despite many believing Bruce had nicked the ball, so close was he to making a perfect last ditch tackle. I agree it’s a red but your initial summary was nonsense. 

The appeal should succeed based on the officials incompetence in not stopping the play for an offside therefore making the challenge nil and void. But that’s not going to happen

29 minutes ago, boozyBJ said:

Offside? Straws are well and truly being clutched

This will form the basis of Killie's appeal, With Long being offside, making Bruce's tackle null & void if successful......

20191101_094549.png.defbd0c5960f13acb9f722f5e79640db.png

30 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

This will form the basis of Killie's appeal, With Long being offside, making Bruce's tackle null & void if successful......

I would hope that won't form the basis of our appeal, because it's completely irrelevant. You can't overturn an offside decision.

"Your honour, the court may well have seen footage of my client attacking a fellow train passenger with a baseball bat, pummelling him to within an inch of his life. However, this court has no choice but to acquit him, on the grounds that the alleged "victim" did not actually have a valid ticket for that service."

Edited by craigkillie

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

"Your honour, the court may well have seen footage of my client attacking a fellow train passenger with a baseball bat, pummelling him to within an inch of his life. However, this court has no choice to acquit him, on the grounds that the alleged "victim" did not actually have a valid ticket for that service."

DG.jpg.f6e9c676866a7ef5f36b6e07424246b5.jpg

4 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Even if they decide to go down this already well ridiculed route I hope they use a bigger picture.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Having watched sportscene it’s quite clearly a red card. Why is it still being debated?

To be fair - I think the only debate is whether you can appeal a last man red card based on a suspected foul throw in the 3rd minute?

I assume Kilmarnock have now dropped the idea of appealing the red card. Even i f they were to claim Bruce got a touch, it would only be rescinded if they can show an obvious mistake was made.

Motherwell stopped appealing red cards where we couldn't show a clear error on the referee's part but knew he had made the wrong decision. It had become a waste of time and money and also a distraction.

1 minute ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I assume Kilmarnock have now dropped the idea of appealing the red card. Even i f they were to claim Bruce got a touch, it would only be rescinded if they can show an obvious mistake was made.

Motherwell stopped appealing red cards where we couldn't show a clear error on the referee's part but knew he had made the wrong decision. It had become a waste of time and money and also a distraction.

Thursday 31 October 2019

Fast Track Claim | Alex Bruce, Kilmarnock FC

Player: Alex Bruce, Kilmarnock FC

Match: Motherwell FC v Kilmarnock FC

Date: Wednesday 30 October 2019

Competition: SPFL Premiership

Offence: A4 - Denying the opposing team or an opponent a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity as defined by Law 12

Claim: Wrongful Dismissal

Fast Track Tribunal Hearing: Friday 1 November 2019

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

If Bruce slide tackled someone like that walking down the street or in a shop he'd get arrested even if he got the ball IMO.

Give perpetrators of assault footballers' wages?