Motherwell v Kilmarnock - Wednesday 30th October

1 hour ago, Fide said:

Ach, I'm sure we'll get a few decisions our way over the course of the season, as 'Well will have a few go against them.

Such is the ebb and flow of the shithousery that is Scottish football.

You literally win some, you lose some.  Well done Well.

ETA:  I've just watched the challenge another few times.  You can't definitively say either way after multiple viewings, so I don't feel we've been harshly done over with the red.  You've absolutely seen reds given for those challenges on countless occasions.

35 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Motherwell fans still unable to admit it was a shocking decision :lol:

Fide now a Motherwell fan.  😂

12 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I get the impression a lot of the Killie fans on here only started paying attention when Clarke came in. The headsgones everytime they lose and accusations towards referees seem like people who aren't used to supporting a diddy team.

21 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Trying too hard

Estragon surely at it here.

I genuinely don't know if Bruce won the ball, and I've had the luxury of watching a replay about a hundred times from a few different angles.  The referee had one look in real time and made a call a fair percentage would agree was correct.  What absolutely cannot be disputed is Bruce, whether he wins the ball or not, has two feet off the ground and launches himself into a tackle.  Under today's rules, that's a red card.  You'd imagine a player who felt they were wronged would be pretty angry following the card.  Bruce very, very quickly realised he'd made a c*nt of it and in no way protested.

Anyway, moving on from that particular incident, it's a great result for Motherwell, and gives us a great chance to consolidate 3rd place on Saturday.  What was the away crowd given as last night?  Great numbers from the Killie fans for a Wednesday night game in Motherwell. 

I'm still disgusted as us wearing our Away kit at a home game, as nice as it may be.  The Killie kit is lovely, also.  I would like to assume we'll revert back to our traditional C&A for the post-split game as the fight for Europe intensifies. 

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Bruce is an accident waiting to happen and the famous pie fans know this that's why hes not first choice.

This is nonsense. It's probably the first mistake (if it even was a mistake) Bruce has made since he came in. The reason he's not first choice is that we have two of the best defenders in the league ahead of him.

BBC has now added a video of the penalty incident. First angle looks like Bruce gets a touch, second is pretty inconclusive and the third angle from behind the goal is probably the best view and looks like Long knocks the ball to the side. The ref is on a hiding to nothing.

Also, at the risk of getting the Killie fans all het up, what happened at the second half corner to prompt the mass boo-in for the next few minutes? From the far end I genuinely couldn't see anything contentious.

Just to put a bit more perspective on the red card and maybe give the referee a bit of leeway as it sems he's the one getting all the stick.

I was in the home disabled fans section and when the referee awarded the free kick and gave the red card the linesman was literally 2 feet in front of me and could plainly be heard saying  " yes,last man" into his microphone.

i took it from the comment that the referee must have decided to give the foul but wasnt sure whether it was a last man tackle or not and asked the linesman for confirmation which he duly gave.

As for all the different camera angle talk, unless you saw it from a headcam on the Referee you can't really tell what he saw (or thought he saw).

Seen decisions like that given against us so much in the past that I don't get hot and bothered about them anymore.

14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I find it unlikely that the assistant would be saying "last man" into the microphone given that isn't the actual rule. He wouldn't be providing any useful information to the referee.

i can assure you that was what he said

Again, I'm not saying it didn't happen, but the SFA Referee Observer can hear the microphone conversations, and I doubt he would be particularly happy to hear one of the officials justifying a decision to the referee on the basis of a rule which doesn't exist (even if everyone knows what they mean). They're generally very harsh on the use of language like that, just in case it seeps into their discussion with players - I've even heard of refs being marked down for saying "booking" rather than "caution".

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Again, I'm not saying it didn't happen, but the SFA Referee Observer can hear the microphone conversations, and I doubt he would be particularly happy to hear one of the officials justifying a decision to the referee on the basis of a rule which doesn't exist (even if everyone knows what they mean). They're generally very harsh on the use of language like that, just in case it seeps into their discussion with players - I've even heard of refs being marked down for saying "booking" rather than "caution".

Fair enough but the point I was making was that it obviously wasn't just the Referees decision to make the call

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Also, at the risk of getting the Killie fans all het up, what happened at the second half corner to prompt the mass boo-in for the next few minutes? From the far end I genuinely couldn't see anything contentious.

One of the defenders had our defender's jersey up to his tits. Usual tugging which very rarely gets clamped down upon, but the "we've been cheated" Killie fans were grasping at anything.

1 hour ago, Desp said:

Anyway, moving on from that particular incident, it's a great result for Motherwell, and gives us a great chance to consolidate 3rd place on Saturday.  What was the away crowd given as last night?  Great numbers from the Killie fans for a Wednesday night game in Motherwell.

1099, I think.

On 28/10/2019 at 23:17, MJC said:

And so on the back of two defeats on the bounce to Aberdeen and Rangers we welcome Kilmarnock bon Wednesday night.

We've lost our last two home meetings with Kilmarnock and haven't beaten them for over two years. They are playing well and appear to still be a tough, well drilled side so I don't see us getting much joy here sadly.

Unless we score first we are getting nothing here.

0-2 away win.

😂

I get the impression a lot of the Killie fans on here only started paying attention when Clarke came in. The headsgones everytime they lose and accusations towards referees seem like people who aren't used to supporting a diddy team.
Billy Big Bollocks attitude. Still a diddy team like the rest of us.

2 hours ago, Desp said:

I'm still disgusted as us wearing our Away kit at a home game, as nice as it may be.  The Killie kit is lovely, also.  I would like to assume we'll revert back to our traditional C&A for the post-split game as the fight for Europe intensifies. 

Wrong.

White shirt under the lights makes you look bigger and it's why we won.

That and cheating.