Motherwell v Kilmarnock - Wednesday 30th October

Haven't seen any replays of the Bruce red card.

I thought at the time he got the ball, mate thought Long touched it away and got taken out. Seems from the comments here that people are still unsure so I guess it's just one of those that can go for you or against you depending on your luck.

Thought we were decent considering. Motherwell deserved the win, but considering we played almost all of the game a man down I thought we gave a good showing. Looked decent on the ball and but for a great save from a deflected Brophy shot at the end we'd have got a point.

Kirk Broadfoot moaned about all the work on shape but even with Johnson looking out of his depth and Dicker, who isn't a centre-back, in defence we restricted Motherwell to very few chances until the last 20 minutes or so when we tried to go for it a bit.

Can see both teams competing for Europe, as befits half of #TB4

11 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

Haven't seen any replays of the Bruce red card.

I thought at the time he got the ball, mate thought Long touched it away and got taken out.

See to be fair. Anyone pretending they know who got the ball from any of the angles is fucking at it.

I feel like this was the opening exchanges of what could be an interesting year between Kilmarnock and Motherwell at the upper end of the table - with an added dash of refereeing controversy thrown in to whet the appetite further.  I almost have a grudging respect for the scarce few Well fans going out to bat for what was a terrible refereeing decision that has undoubtedly handed them the points against an already weakened side, but pleasingly we made them work for it.

After the end of the last window, I really felt like we'd come into our own in the second half of the season - and in an attacking sense, I'd still hold to that.  Anything over 30 points at the winter break, and we're right in the mix at the top end.  13 points in 10 games is the target, and we'll see you cuntos on the 21st December - hopefully we can coax Craig Thomson out of retirement for one more opportunity to send off a clutch of Motherwell players.

58 minutes ago, Estragon said:

I almost have a grudging respect for the scarce few Well fans going out to bat for what was a terrible refereeing decision that has undoubtedly handed them the points against an already weakened side, but pleasingly we made them work for it.

See tbf right, there is a high close up angle which isn't on the SPFL highlights but is on the full match package on wyscout; I think Long nudges it just before Bruce gets there.

Incredibly difficult to tell though; 

Reverse angle: Never a red.

Behind angle: Impossible to tell.

Close up: Probably a red. 

Sack being a referee like.

Let's talk more about the absolutely shaggable pass that Polworth played to put in there in the first place.

At the time, I thought Long got a toe to the ball and was then taken out by Bruce. I’ve just watched it back half a dozen times this morning l’ve still not seen anything to change my mind.

Despite Kilmarnock’s fans outrage, all the angles are inconclusive and we’re talking fractions of second stuff. I genuinely don’t think it’s the howler it’s being made out to be.

EDIT - beaten to it by Graeme.

3 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Let's talk more about the absolutely shaggable pass that Polworth played to put in there in the first place.

Absolutely.

Carroll’s ball in for the winner was sensational as well. 

Edited by Casagolda

16 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

See tbf right, there is a high close up angle which isn't on the SPFL highlights but is on the full match package on wyscout; I think Long nudges it just before Bruce gets there.

Incredibly difficult to tell though; 

Reverse angle: Never a red.

Behind angle: Impossible to tell.

Close up: Probably a red. 

Sack being a referee like.

16 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

At the time, I thought Long got a toe to the ball and was then taken out by Bruce. I’ve just watched it back half a dozen times this morning l’ve still not seen anything to change my mind.

Despite Kilmarnock’s fans outrage, all the angles are inconclusive and we’re talking fractions of second stuff. I genuinely don’t think it’s the howler it’s being made out to be.

EDIT - beaten to it by Graeme.

Absolutely.

Carroll’s ball in for the winner was sensational as well. 

Hilarious.  So the referee is perfectly entitled to send a player off irreversibly changing the course of a match....on the basis of "inconclusive" and "probable".  Just admit you got a massive helping hand from atrocious officiating and stop this nonsensical defence please.

Edited by Estragon

Guest Moomintroll

You win some and you lose some. If you benefit from it then it is great, if not you are raging, my only criticism would be how quickly Mr Robertson whipped out his banhammer, take a few seconds to think it through. You can't really make a case for it bring a clear error, watched it several times & I am still hovering between yellow or red but zero complaints from me overall. Actually thought it was a penalty call originally hence my initial, misguided, outrage.

16 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Hilarious.  So the referee is perfectly entitled to send a player off irreversibly changing the course of a match....on the basis of "inconclusive" and "probable".  Just admit you got a massive helping hand from atrocious officiating and stop this nonsensical defence please.

I was there at the game, but not studied closely on the highlights.  I will leave that to the Killie fans to pore over....

Did it change the outcome of the game ?  I actually thought we were playing better 11v 11 than when it went to 11v 10.  Certainly for the remainder of the 1st half.  

Atrocious officiating costs all teams points all season long.  Sadly a fact of life such as the free kick that was never given in the run up to Rangers 1st goal on Sunday.  For provincial clubs it never evens itself out v Old firm or for any other clubs for that matter but v each other it probably does.  

I thought Killie looked a decent outfit.  In many ways atypical of an Italian side.  Defend in depth and counter attack and win by the odd goal. Brophy was also a handful when he came on.  Glad he did not start the game.  

Vital 3 points and regains some momentum after back to back losses to Aberdeen and Rangers.  Another tough game awaits v Livi at the weekend.  Another win would be most welcome as Killie play Aberdeen.

16 minutes ago, welldaft said:

IDid it change the outcome of the game ?  I actually thought we were playing better 11v 11 than when it went to 11v 10.  Certainly for the remainder of the 1st half.  

Atrocious officiating costs all teams points all season long.  Sadly a fact of life such as the free kick that was never given in the run up to Rangers 1st goal on Sunday.  For provincial clubs it never evens itself out v Old firm or for any other clubs for that matter but v each other it probably does.  

This is genuinely OF level patter-pish.  Expected better.

29 minutes ago, Estragon said:

This is genuinely OF level patter-pish.  Expected better.

Sorry to disappoint you. I should be less conciliatory which is more old firmesque.

Still I can console myself with a well deserved 3 points. 

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

Kilmarnock-fan-Gordon-Sawers.jpg