Motherwell v Kilmarnock - Wednesday 30th October

And so on the back of two defeats on the bounce to Aberdeen and Rangers we welcome Kilmarnock bon Wednesday night.

We've lost our last two home meetings with Kilmarnock and haven't beaten them for over two years. They are playing well and appear to still be a tough, well drilled side so I don't see us getting much joy here sadly.

Unless we score first we are getting nothing here.

0-2 away win.

9 minutes ago, boozyBJ said:

Just spoke to the Killie fan at work, he mentioned both first choice centre halfs went off injured at weekend. Are they going be fit for this one and what are their replacements like?

Findlay definitely won't make this game, the italian stallion Del Fabro is touch and go according to Angelo. Hopefully Del Fabro can make it and Alex Bruce can pair with him, if he doesn't then I'm assuming that Dicker will drop back to pair with Bruce but then we'll lose his presence in midfield. 

To be fair, I think most Motherwell fans are a bit cautious about this one. 

Killie have kept 8 clean sheets in their last 10 games and will be difficult to break down. We‘ve laboured a bit this season against teams who are compact and sit deep. 

I’d imagine it’d be back to the 433 and we’ll see a few changes. With 3 games in 6 days it wouldn’t surprise me to see Robinson use the squad a bit.

I think whoever gets the first goal probably wins this one.  

Edited by Casagolda

21 hours ago, MJC said:

And so on the back of two defeats on the bounce to Aberdeen and Rangers we welcome Kilmarnock bon Wednesday night.

We've lost our last two home meetings with Kilmarnock and haven't beaten them for over two years. They are playing well and appear to still be a tough, well drilled side so I don't see us getting much joy here sadly.

Unless we score first we are getting nothing here.

0-2 away win.

How is your outlook on life? I don't usually jump on board the MJC negativity stuff but it's intrigued me this time. Is it just fitba you view in this manner? I get we're all Motherwell fans and should know better but I am usually relatively optimistic or unsure how it will go.

This one I am unsure about.

I won't make it unfortunately. I wanted to see Dario Del Fabro and Harvey St Clair, Del Fabro was on Cagliari's books and made on of those dodgy Italian transfers to Juve where he will never get a game and will be loaned out for the next 7 years.

Edited by Busta Nut

I do have the fear about this one aye. I don't want to go all "Killie cliché bingo" but they are the sort of disciplined outfit that we've struggled against so far. 

If we score first and Killie go for it might be a decent game between the Best of the Rest ™ but otherwise I can see a pretty frustrating evening.

0-1

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

How is your outlook on life? I don't usually jump on board the MJC negativity stuff but it's entrigued me this time. Is it just fitba you view in this manner? I get we're all Motherwell fans and should know better but I am usually relatively optimistic or unsure how it will go.

This one I am unsure about.

I won't make it unfortunately. I wanted to see Dario Del Fabro and Harvey St Clair, Del Fabro was on Cagliari's books and made on of those dodgy Italian transfers to Juve where he will never get a game and will be loaned out for the next 7 years.

I doubt you'd have seen DDF anyway, extremely doubtful with a hamstring injury.

5 hours ago, Casagolda said:

To be fair, I think most Motherwell fans are a bit cautious about this one. 

Killie have kept 8 clean sheets in their last 10 games and will be difficult to break down. We‘ve laboured a bit this season against teams who are compact and sit deep. 

I’d imagine it’d be back to the 433 and we’ll see a few changes. With 3 games in 6 days it wouldn’t surprise me to see Robinson use the squad a bit.

I think whoever gets the first goal probably wins this one.  

I was wondering about whether we'd stick with the 352 or revert to the 433. Bringing the back 3 back felt like it was fixture specific but since the performance seems to have been alright would it be something we might actually stick with for a bit?

My interest in the Rangers game was zero so I avoided pretty much everything around the game and the fall out save a quick swatch at the highlights and Sportscene but would we get more out of Cole and Long as a pair than dropping one and playing 2 of the 3 wide players? Also, did big Bevis do enough to keep his place?

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I was wondering about whether we'd stick with the 352 or revert to the 433. Bringing the back 3 back felt like it was fixture specific but since the performance seems to have been alright would it be something we might actually stick with for a bit?

My interest in the Rangers game was zero so I avoided pretty much everything around the game and the fall out save a quick swatch at the highlights and Sportscene but would we get more out of Cole and Long as a pair than dropping one and playing 2 of the 3 wide players? Also, did big Bevis do enough to keep his place?

I'd like to see Scott back in tomorrow night.

Mugabi did very well, though up against a team that are unlikely to come to Fir Park and attack, I'm not sure if there's much sense of going three at the back. 

*To clarify, that wasn't a dig at Killie, more just as to the general pattern of our home games outside of the Celtic 2-5 second game of the season. 

Edited by AndyRoss