Ross County Vs Rangers 30/10/19

5 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Busy with other stuff tonight so didn’t see the game. How did Arfield play tonight? Just seen some folk being overly critical (IMO) of him on twitter.

He was fine.  Unlucky not to score after a pas de deux with Alfie early on and set up Oor Ryan for his first goal.

Ross County elected to play the match without a midfield so even I would have looked like Baxter (in his second spell, not his slim version) had I played tonight.

The Brian Graham cycle.

Step 1. Get into squad, come on as sub. Do OK 

Step 2. Start scoring goals as sub and generally look decent 

Step 3. Get a start. 

Step 4. Try and wind up opposition, give away niggly fouls, shout at teammates and generally underwhelm

Step 5. Dropped from squad

A few weeks later, back to step 1.

It's like clockwork, he's really good every few games as a sub, but when he gets a start, his attitude and productivity both seem to take a nosedive. 

If you’re good defensively you sit in against better teams, good chance of a draw, occasional chance of a win. If your defence ain’t great, go all out against better teams, chance of a draw, fans get behind you and good chance you’ll score, either case fans are happy(ish).

if your defence is dodgy and you sit in against better teams, you lose games, look posh and fans are upset. I’m upset.

The Brian Graham cycle.
Step 1. Get into squad, come on as sub. Do OK 
Step 2. Start scoring goals as sub and generally look decent 
Step 3. Get a start. 
Step 4. Try and wind up opposition, give away niggly fouls, shout at teammates and generally underwhelm
Step 5. Dropped from squad
A few weeks later, back to step 1.

It's like clockwork, he's really good every few games as a sub, but when he gets a start, his attitude and productivity both seem to take a nosedive. 

What’s he really suppose to do tonight? He deserved a chance to start against Hamilton after his hibs showing but not tonight because like I said earlier he’s not going to chase loose balls all night like McKay would. We had no midfield as jack ran a mock and Alfredo Morelos made a young and inexperienced CB in Grivo and a finished at top flight level Fontaine look like his bitches. Rangers and Celtic are streets ahead of everyone and we shouldn’t judge our players off tonight. Would of liked a bit more fight from us yes but these games won’t define our season. Hamilton at the weekend will

He was fine.  Unlucky not to score after a pas de deux with Alfie early on and set up Oor Ryan for his first goal.
Ross County elected to play the match without a midfield so even I would have looked like Baxter (in his second spell, not his slim version) had I played tonight.

I’ve seen a lot of folk on Twitter being critical of Arfield this season and whilst I agree he hasn’t been brilliant, I think some of the criticism is unjust. He’s played various positions and never been able to settle in one. I also think his best position is probably Steven Davis’s.

We were honking, set up to contain and counter with no pace in the side to actually counter with. Every time we had the ball it was punted to Helander or we were tackled in our own half.

Midge was our best player when he came on but the game was gone by the end of the first half.

Hamilton away is huge and we should be looking for a big response to this poor showing.

heard there was some trouble in The Mallard post match as well which is a shame really...