Accies v Aberdeen

In what way ?

Anything on the blatant penalty we should have had ?

He was bewildering for both teams to be honest. You weren’t hard done to.
Agree with that. He started ok but when he pulled back a promising Accies attack to give a free kick for high feet by Cosgrove he fell apart and gave some dreadful decisions.

32 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Canning esque levels of shite tonight. Sort of games that make you look forward to relegation.

Relegation would be much worse.We have to hang in there until January and get bodies in who can play midfield and one for right back.

No excuses for having no back up right back and the midfield or lack of it which helped to bring down Canning-will be the downfall of Rice as he is making the same mistakes and playing powderpuff players who can't dominate any form of possession ensuring we are creating very little and putting pressure on the back line.

That game should have been an  easy 3 or 4 goal away win and our only hope was a half chance once Davies came on it a free kick.

There are ways of losing games and that wasn't it.Poorest Aberdeen away support I have seen here although that is understandable due to Sunday and the fans attitude towards McInnes.Not that long ago they brought more on a Wednesday night than a Saturday here and they always used to bring good numbers midweek,so their fan base must be right pissed off.

Must win on Saturday if only to delay the inevitable for a few more weeks.Rice talks the talk and says all the right things but then does the opposite in games.

A funny old game. Thought we played really well in spells, McGinn a particular stand out, but had times, particularly at the end where we didn’t look interested in playing. We were just shelling balls up to Cosgrove. McInnes 101, if you’re in the lead, defend.

Other than McGinn, the rest of the team probably played at a 6/10 level, with some nice play and some rotten play. McKenna and Considine were comfortable at times, but Miller’s pace caused them problems, and general disorganisation gifted Accies a couple chances.

Logan and Leigh were threatening going forward, but Logan in particular was guilty of poor positioning at times. Bryson looked like he was just getting up to speed when he had to come off at half time. Hopefully it was just a precaution and not another false start. Vyner has all the natural ability to play midfield, but is still learning the position. Ferguson was decent, but sometimes doesn’t close other players down fast enough. Lovely goal. I was raging the ball wasn’t chucked into the mixer because I’m a fud. When Campbell came on, he ran about and closed down opponents really well, but when he’s in possession he really needs to sharpen up, his shirt passing is far too wayward in the middle of the park. Going forward, Hedges had some nice touches but looks really low on confidence. Maybe he’s just getting back to fitness, but he could really do with taking his man on more, as the Accies defence were there for the taking. Cosgrove got into good areas, and held the ball up well, but missed far too many chances. Couple of fresh air swipes in the first half, and a header which he did really well with in the second, smashed off the base of the post. One of those days I guess.

Mixed bag, we could probably have done with winning by more, but certainly signs that we could be improving and 3 points on the board when the other “big” clubs are still farting around in the bottom six. I’ll take it.

As an aside, there’s nothing like a midweek away day to bring out the “men on their own” demographic, myself included. Quite peaceful going to a match with nae pals, until Collum gives a mystery foul in the middle of the park. Both teams could have had a penalty IMO.

1 hour ago, RussellAnderson said:

A funny old game. Thought we played really well in spells, McGinn a particular stand out, but had times, particularly at the end where we didn’t look interested in playing. We were just shelling balls up to Cosgrove. McInnes 101, if you’re in the lead, defend.

Other than McGinn, the rest of the team probably played at a 6/10 level, with some nice play and some rotten play. McKenna and Considine were comfortable at times, but Miller’s pace caused them problems, and general disorganisation gifted Accies a couple chances.

Logan and Leigh were threatening going forward, but Logan in particular was guilty of poor positioning at times. Bryson looked like he was just getting up to speed when he had to come off at half time. Hopefully it was just a precaution and not another false start. Vyner has all the natural ability to play midfield, but is still learning the position. Ferguson was decent, but sometimes doesn’t close other players down fast enough. Lovely goal. I was raging the ball wasn’t chucked into the mixer because I’m a fud. When Campbell came on, he ran about and closed down opponents really well, but when he’s in possession he really needs to sharpen up, his shirt passing is far too wayward in the middle of the park. Going forward, Hedges had some nice touches but looks really low on confidence. Maybe he’s just getting back to fitness, but he could really do with taking his man on more, as the Accies defence were there for the taking. Cosgrove got into good areas, and held the ball up well, but missed far too many chances. Couple of fresh air swipes in the first half, and a header which he did really well with in the second, smashed off the base of the post. One of those days I guess.

Mixed bag, we could probably have done with winning by more, but certainly signs that we could be improving and 3 points on the board when the other “big” clubs are still farting around in the bottom six. I’ll take it.

As an aside, there’s nothing like a midweek away day to bring out the “men on their own” demographic, myself included. Quite peaceful going to a match with nae pals, until Collum gives a mystery foul in the middle of the park. Both teams could have had a penalty IMO.

Just back from what I thought was a really good performance after Sunday’s shambles, and I read this and wonder if I was at the same game. You’ve picked out everything that you could have to show the poor parts of the game. Granted, we weren’t world beaters tonight, but at a ground where we had won once in our last five visits before tonight, it was a good result. It could easily have been 6.2 for us at half time, and certainly Hamilton had two decent chances second half as well, but we had more. Some really good balls into the box tonight which caused some chaos in the Hamilton defence. I thought that we could (should) have had two penalties, one in either half, and Hamilton could have had one in the second half. Really well deserved win in a more than decent performance, where, I felt, we controlled the game for the vast majority of the 90 plus minutes.

8 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:
9 hours ago, G-MAN said:

In what way ?

Anything on the blatant penalty we should have had ?

He was bewildering for both teams to be honest. You weren’t hard done to.

Agree with that. He started ok but when he pulled back a promising Accies attack to give a free kick for high feet by Cosgrove he fell apart and gave some dreadful decisions.

Yup, and we had at least two strong penalty shouts as well. Aberdeen were by far the better team and deserved the win, no question about that, but if that wee scrote was capable of doing his job properly who knows? We would probably have still lost anyway

Edited by d_t_b

1 minute ago, d_t_b said:

Yup, and we had at least two strong penalty shouts as well. Aberdeen were by far the better team and deserved the win, but if that wee scrote was capable of doing his job properly who knows? We would probably have still lost anyway

Are you just going to ignore our two penalty shouts as well?

I thought the first half was a dumpster fire defensively but had some bright sparks going forward, however the second half was another boring display that didn't do anything to get fans back onside after Saturday's disgrace. I did think last night was better than Saturday though.

Aside from typical football fan pessimism, I just never have faith that this team will score goals. While Miller and Smith both put in improved performances, their confidence looks absolutely gubbed, and due to our poor midfield, they have to come so deep for the ball. A player lacking in confidence isn't likely to cause problems from there.

The CBs were getting dragged everywhere to try and deal with Cosgrove and cover Martin, and their passing was awful. Stubbs' long balls must've had a success rate of around 5% and we missed Easton purely due to him being left footed - Hamilton almost always had to go back onto his right foot.

Thought we were comfortable last night without playing particularly well. We probably should have scored another couple of goals and limited Hamilton to shots from edge of the area. Clever free kick for the goal and a great finish by Ferguson. Think ref missed a penalty for both teams. 

Just back from what I thought was a really good performance after Sunday’s shambles, and I read this and wonder if I was at the same game. You’ve picked out everything that you could have to show the poor parts of the game. Granted, we weren’t world beaters tonight, but at a ground where we had won once in our last five visits before tonight, it was a good result. It could easily have been 6.2 for us at half time, and certainly Hamilton had two decent chances second half as well, but we had more. Some really good balls into the box tonight which caused some chaos in the Hamilton defence. I thought that we could (should) have had two penalties, one in either half, and Hamilton could have had one in the second half. Really well deserved win in a more than decent performance, where, I felt, we controlled the game for the vast majority of the 90 plus minutes.

I think it came from frustration, because although we did control the game, I was still bricking it at the end.

On another day I’d be effusive in my praise for the Dons, but last night I was in a nitpicky mood.

Solid performance from us for 70 minutes. Sat too deep for the last 20, as expected. Definitely should have had the game out of sight in the first half.

Bryson is a baller.

717 away fans at the game is a top effort all things considered. 

Hopefully Accies and Collum are eradicated from the top flight of Scottish football soon.

5 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Solid performance from us for 70 minutes. Sat too deep for the last 20, as expected. Definitely should have had the game out of sight in the first half.

Bryson is a baller.

Hopefully Accies and Collum are eradicated from the top flight of Scottish football soon.

What? Your deluded if you think your a good team . You were just lucky we are worse. 

Just remembered one of my highlights from last night. There was a great little sequence before the game when the eleven that were starting had gone back into the dressing room leaving the subs knocking balls about.  Bruce Anderson had a wee game of trying to chip one of the wee ballboys who was standing on the goal line trying to save them. You could tell that both Anderson and the ballboy  were having a great time.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Given some of the disasters we've had on the carpet, last night was a decent, solid performance. Our passing and movement was good in spells, and we really should have been out of sight by the 60th minute.

As to the obvious handball, that's 2 we've had turned down this season (the other one was at Paisley). What's the feckin point of simplifying the handball law, when referees and assistant referees that are no more than 15 feet away from the incident, refuse to apply it ?

26 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Given some of the disasters we've had on the carpet, last night was a decent, solid performance. Our passing and movement was good in spells, and we really should have been out of sight by the 60th minute.

As to the obvious handball, that's 2 we've had turned down this season (the other one was at Paisley). What's the feckin point of simplifying the handball law, when referees and assistant referees that are no more than 15 feet away from the incident, refuse to apply it ?

Exactly my thoughts at the time. Unless the defenders arm is by his side, which it wasn’t, and the ball hits his arm, which it did, it’s a penalty. No dubiety, it’s a penalty.

Bryson is a baller.

Any idea how much that stand holds ? Surprised there were over 700 in there.