Queens versus Queens............................

Bluenortherner

Let's not turn this into a focus on time wasting lads.

Yes, there was some, but as everyone concedes, we were very well beaten regardless.  I've seen us do it a lot more blatantly, from a lot earlier, and in pursuit of much less notable results than yesterday's was for our opponents.

I have to say I was expecting far more time wasting than what actually occurred!

To be honest I’m long past the days of getting riled up by it anyway given it is so widespread. I’ve no doubt that we have been guilty of doing it just as much as it’s happened against us.

The “multi-ball system” (we need a more Scottish and less American name for this) was just strange. I don’t think I’ve ever seen us do that before, it just seemed to cause confusion which probably ended up being counterproductive and slowing things down more.

I distinctly remember the ref insisting that a QoS player take a shy with the ball that went out, rather than the one that a ball boy threw him. Not for the first time, I had no idea what was going on.

Honestly, I don't think timewasting was an issue. QoS missing their chances and us scoring them was. And let's not forget we hit the post.

I am reluctant to respond because I really dont want to sound like sour grapes. Without a shadow of a doubt the team that deserved to win won, and did so pretty comfortably notwithstanding Murray's late goal. But if that was you NOT wasting time I would hate to see you do it!
I actually remarked at one point second half it was like watching an Eastern European team come to Hampden v Scotland, take the lead and then kill the game with professional time wasting. Leaving aside your players refusing to take the nearest ball from the ballboys and insisting on getting the same ball back, just about every single challenge in the second half saw a Queens Park player take some time lying on the pitch. Eventually even the referee got fed up of it and was waving play on.
Completely understandable. You earned the chance to do that. In the same positoon we would have done the same. I am not criticising it, but your players wasted time from the 46th minute to the last. And you are right, you really didnt need to. We werent puting you under any pressure unfortunately.
A whole bunch of sour grapes in there, chief, once you got into your stride.

On 22/11/2019 at 23:06, palmy_cammy said:

All I’d say about Cavens is that it is more an eating place than a pub. The bar area isn’t huge so if you’re a rowdy group of ultras looking to have a singsong and set off your pyro it probably isn’t for you!

If you are happy standing drinking pints or sitting eating and drinking then fill your boots.

Ended up just going to the bar at the ground. Good wee place, very welcoming, and decent prices

Saturday was just a great day all round. It's the reason we put up with the other stuff 36 weeks of the season. I was at the cup game in 96 when we came from behind to win but this was probably a better achievement, given there are now two leagues between the clubs .

First half could easily have finished 3-3 if it wasn't for Muir, some heroic defending and poor finishing. We couldn't keep giving QOS chances (or even half chances) especially Dobbie, and I feared an even busier second half for Muir but it never happened. Most of the stuff he and our defence had to deal with was high balls and shots from distance which suited us - Little and Jamieson were both outstanding in the centre of defence. QOS still had most of the possession and our midfield and strikers must have been knackered at the end as they never stopped chasing and closing down all game. Really delighted for Salim, he could have had four goals. He's had his doubters but he now looks the player we were all told he was when he signed. Not often we have a striker in double figures before December.         

On the time wasting, it's a tactic and very much part of the game. I'd have been annoyed if we were 2-0 up away to a Championship side and we weren't taking our time. Never used our subs, purely because the game plan was working so well. Normally you'd have been looking at a couple of slow walks off the field. 

On the time wasting, it's a tactic and very much part of the game. I'd have been annoyed if we were 2-0 up away to a Championship side and we weren't taking our time. Never used our subs, purely because the game plan was working so well. Normally you'd have been looking at a couple of slow walks off the field. 

Yep it was surprising that QP didn’t use any subs. I guess that reflects how little trouble your were having in dealing with our efforts to get back into the game. Anyway good luck in the next round.

That was a rotten challenge and the ref shit the bed. Clear red.

What was with Salim's hands to the ears? Was he getting abuse? I know ex-players like to do it but I expect the vast majority of QoS fans would have had no clue who he was.

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

What was with Salim's hands to the ears? Was he getting abuse? I know ex-players like to do it but I expect the vast majority of QoS fans would have had no clue who he was.

Don't think it's a QoS thing, he did the same when he scored a brace against Brechin a couple of weeks before.

On 26/11/2019 at 16:38, JT1867 said:

Don't think it's a QoS thing, he did the same when he scored a brace against Brechin a couple of weeks before.

Aye, he also did it at Stennie the week before that. I thought at the time it was aimed at those who had been doubting him before his recent run of goals. 

Really enjoyed my trip yesterday. A first trip to Dumfries let alone Palmerston, so I did the tourist trail and went to see Rabbie's grave, had a pint or two in the snug in the Globe, bought a sausage roll in Greggs etc.

The game itself was very enjoyable. Would have been an absolute absurdity had a draw been snatched at the end.

I've seen some great performances from this QP team this year. Thinking of Airdrie away, Brechin home and away, but yesterday tops them all. Tremendous. IMG_20191123_135526.thumb.jpeg.9bb9043193e6fccbee25bd908532de19.jpeg
This is uncanny. The Greggs we went to is in fact part of the Dumfries tourist trail. It marks the site of Greyfriars Church where Robert the Bruce murdered John "The Red" Comwyn in 1306. Dumfries, a town whose history seeps out of its steak bakes and sausage rolls.

IMG_20191201_094155.jpegIMG_20191201_094525.jpeg

This is uncanny. The Greggs we went to is in fact part of the Dumfries tourist trail. It marks the site of Greyfriars Church where Robert the Bruce murdered John "The Red" Comwyn in 1306. Dumfries, a town whose history seeps out of its steak bakes and sausage rolls.

IMG_20191201_094155.thumb.jpeg.5c01120cc00321f66dc9c98ebb0fc8b8.jpegIMG_20191201_094525.jpeg.f02cd2cb357f0bcfab21ca14d8498d1c.jpeg
Did you not see the wee plaque on the wall outside?

Grey_Friars_Robert_The_Bruce_Plaque.jpeg