Queens versus Queens............................

Bluenortherner

What can be said 1 St of all well done Queens Park you were the better side you wanted it more and you gave 100% great result

As for us jesus OK so kilday was out and semple clearly has issues but to play holt at cb and lyon at lb really?

Why not play holt at lb his normal position ang Gourley at cb job done what must Gourley think about that shambles.

We were 2nd to every ball no heart no conviction and players who today simply didn't give a fcuk something that I for one can't accept.

Will post more tomorrow once I've had time to calm down don't mind getting beat at the end of the day it's part of football even more so when your a queen's fan but to get beat because your players clearly decided not to give a toss and look uninterested that's unacceptable.

10 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

will it not be next season before you turn professional?seems a big move to make during the season.

I may be entirely wrong about this, it wouldn't be unusual, but I think we can offer professional contracts now that the vote has gone through, or will be able to do so soon. All players are still on amateur contracts now though. 

Edited by Chester Desmond

25 minutes ago, gogs said:

What can be said 1 St of all well done Queens Park you were the better side you wanted it more and you gave 100% great result
As for us jesus OK so kilday was out and semple clearly has issues but to play holt at cb and lyon at rb really?
Why not play holt at rb his normal position ang Gourley at cb job done what must Gourley think about that shambles.
We were 2nd to every ball no heart no conviction and players who today simply didn't give a fcuk something that I for one can't accept.
Will post more tomorrow once I've had time to calm down don't mind getting beat at the end of the day it's part of football even more so when your a queen's fan but to get beat because your players clearly decided not to give a toss and look uninterested that's unacceptable.

Lyon played left back, which is also where Holt usually plays. 

30 minutes ago, Chester Desmond said:

I may be entirely wrong about this, it wouldn't be unusual, but I think we can offer professional contracts now that the vote has gone through, or will be able to do so soon. All players are still on amateur contracts now though. 

This. I was being a bit facetious, the change to the club constitution went through a week past Thursday, so from that point we were no longer an amateur club, although as Chester says, all current players are still on amateur contracts.

First pro contract will probably be offered to young Regan Thomson when his youth contract expires in December, but that's more to ensure the club are compensated if, as expected, he declines the offer and turns full time ( Newcastle currently being mentioned in the press).

I genuinely forgot about this post. Thanks for that [emoji1787] Lottery numbers released on Saturday mornings. Tune in next week.
Special day. The match ticket won’t be binned! Frightening how well we’ve competed against bigger teams this season.

Also, loads of honest and respectable posts from QoS fans. Fair play lads. Good day for football. All the best for the season.

Could you not have predicted a 3-0 QoS win you complete bellend?

[emoji14]

12 minutes ago, weeredbook said:

If the Gourlay boy can't get a game today,  he would be better looking for a proper job .

The boy gives his all every week for the reserves and surely deserved a calll up at CB today leaving Holt at LB, Another Johnston mistake!! 

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

The boy gives his all every week for the reserves and surely deserved a calll up at CB today leaving Holt at LB, Another Johnston mistake!! 

I might be wrong bur did he not play against Dumbarton, if it was the guy I was thinking off I thought he did ok there.

3 hours ago, Mr X said:

Lyon played left back, which is also where Holt usually plays. 

Holt was moved to central defence last week at Dundee Utd when Semple was hooked,  Lyon went to left back and we looked a bit more solid after that, that was probably Johnston's thinking on today's line up.  Holt had also been used as centre half at his last club I believe so he's no stranger to that position. 

If you want to piss off your loyal supporters a Scottish Cup home exit to League 2 opposition is right up there. From a financial perspective an unmitigated disaster - not quite on the scale of the Albion Rovers defeat but a truly dreadful defeat.

I certainly dont subscribe to the view that playing Holt at LCB was some huge mistake. With Kilday and Semple out what other viable option was there? I have only seen Gourlay briefly a few times but he has looked way behind what is required at this level. If Holt’s performance was sub standard then there is only one person to blame for that ......Kevin Holt. He played in that position for Paphos, slotted in well at Tannadice so why should a home fixture against QP present a huge challenge for a player of his experience?

If blame is to be apportioned on this occasion I am sorry to say that Messrs Oliver and Dobbie have to shoulder some responsibility. With the ability this pair possess,to draw a blank as a partnership in this fixture is where the problem unquestionably lies on this occasion.

3 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

With Kilday and Semple out what other viable option was there? I have only seen Gourlay briefly a few times but he has looked way behind what is required at this level.

Yet you would rather play Semple than give the young lad a chance? Semple was responsible for every goal at Dundee United. Semple is slow and unfit and clearly not the level we need.