Queens versus Queens............................

Bluenortherner

23 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

the visitors coasting through without breaking a sweat. For them it was a very professional and well executed performance

14 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well done Queen's Park. Thoroughly professional performance. Grabbed a couple of good goals and had no trouble at all holding on to the lead. Good luck in the next round.

Queen's Park are now professional :unsure:

Their performance and the manner they carried it out was highly professional. I’m not making any reference to the contract terms of the players.

On the other hand, the way we capitulated was highly unprofessional, but alas our players will still be getting paid for their days work.

2 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Their performance and the manner they carried it out was highly professional. I’m not making any reference to the contract terms of the players.

On the other hand, the way we capitulated was highly unprofessional, but alas our players will still be getting paid for their days work.

I was being facetious, of course. As for us, we should have lost too.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:
Shocked at this result. What happened to that guy who scores all those goals?

The only good thing about Dobbie's retirement will be that it brings to an end this rotten patter.

That wooden thing outside the Arena looked more like the real Stephen Dobbie today.

44 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That wooden thing outside the Arena looked more like the real Stephen Dobbie today.

That was a real concern today. He, like us, has seen many an abject team performance during his second spell at the club.  Normally what happens is he grabs the game by the scruff of the neck and says "f**k this, looks like I'm going to have to salvage this on my own".  Of course it doesn't always work depending on how big a hole we've found ourselves in, but there's always a determined effort from him.

Today he just looked liked he wasn't arsed about it, same as the rest of them.

6 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

That was a real concern today. He, like us, has seen many an abject team performance during his second spell at the club.  Normally what happens is he grabs the game by the scruff of the neck and says "f**k this, looks like I'm going to have to salvage this on my own".  Of course it doesn't always work depending on how big a hole we've found ourselves in, but there's always a determined effort from him.

Today he just looked liked he wasn't arsed about it, same as the rest of them.

Early on, I thought he was going to have some joy today.  A couple of his drags and flicks came off and he seemed able to get into good places easily.  But he sclaffed that sitter and it all kind of dried up.

I'm wary of accusing players or teams of not being arsed, because I think that's very rarely the case.  I just think we fielded a poor side today, who played beneath themselves against driven opponents.  It's a worry because I think we're really lacking, especially in midfield, but I don't think there was a lack of application.

Well done Queens Park! You thoroughly deserved the win. Yes, we were absolutely dire but credit to the team who looked hungry, tackled and harried and scored two goals( almost three ) in the first half.

As for QoS, that was one of the worst performances I have seen since we played Partick Thistle in the must win game at the end of last season. As we have Thistle as our next home game, I am not exactly full of the joys.

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

At danger of being whooshed, yes we are and have been for a full ten days.

Seen us pull off a few shocks over the years, but not one that was so comfortable. As mentioned by the QoS fans, I expected a real hard time in the second half but we never really looked in serious danger of being pulled back.

Well done to all the players who put in a shift and a half.

14 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

At danger of being whooshed, yes we are and have been for a full ten days.

Seen us pull off a few shocks over the years, but not one that was so comfortable. As mentioned by the QoS fans, I expected a real hard time in the second half but we never really looked in serious danger of being pulled back.

Well done to all the players who put in a shift and a half.

At the start, I was reflecting patronisingly on how splendid the QP kit is.  

It still is, but the point seems a bit redundant.  Like AJ?  Probably not.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Simply not good enough.

First half was an odd one. At times we played some nice stuff. McCarthy should have scored, Oliver was twice in with just the keeper to beat and hit straight at him both times, Dobbie sidefooted wide of an open goal. The finishing was poor......... but not as bad as the defending. Queen's Park didn't offer a massive amount going forward, they were I think in our penalty area three times, but they scored twice and only a wonderful save from McCrorie tipping the ball onto the post prevented them scoring with all three. Clinical stuff from Salim, shocking stuff at the back from us with Kilday clearly a big miss. With a two goal lead to protect the Spiders team were excellent. The attackers never gave our back line a moment's peace, closing everything down. The defence and midfield sat fairly deep and didn't give us any openings. We played 45 mins of the second half without getting so far as I can remember a shot on target at any point. Until Connor Murray struck a possible goal of the season with virtually the last kick anyway. Too late to matter.

Well done Queen's Park. Thoroughly professional performance. Grabbed a couple of good goals and had no trouble at all holding on to the lead. Good luck in the next round.

Pretty much spot on. Was surprised to be 2 up at half-time as although we took our chances, thanks to some chronic defending, QoS had the opportunities to be level. Poor finishing and great goalkeeping by Wullie Muir kept us ahead.

Even more surprised by the utterly dire home performance in the second half. Was expecting a backs to the wall effort, but in truth it was fairly conformable. That's not to take anything away from the work the whole QP team put into keeping QoS as far from our goal as possible. A really terrific team performance, with a few guys absolutely out on their feet against full-timers (and for all the QP professional chat there's no-one in our squad on a pro contract yet). 

Hopefully we can keep it going against Edinburgh next week. Doesn't always work that way. 

Superb performance and like others have said, I was extremely surprised by the Qots performance during 2nd half. Genuinely looked like they couldn’t care less and just reverted to hoofing the ball instead of pursuing with the nice bits of play they had early on in the game

From a QP perspective, we thoroughly deserve to be in the next round. Top marks for every player and finally it seems like we’ve found someone who is able to hit the back of the net regularly in Salim but special mention has to go to Willie Muir. He’s not had the easiest season and admittedly I wanted him dropped a month ago but today typified what a top keeper he is with some crucial saves 

Edited by qpfc