Celtic v St Mirren

Will probably be a routine home win, emphasis on probably as, once or twice a season Neil Lennon's Celtic sides tend to pull an absolute shit fest of a performance unexpectedly out of the bag, hopefully the Livingston game a few weeks back was the last in a long time. 

Difficult to make a case here for the Paisley Buddies to get a result here, a side who are struggling to score goals but, in fairness aren't shipping them in at the other end compared to other sides in the bottom half. 

A relatively drama free 3-0 home win, with Christie, McGregor and Eduoard scoring. 

37 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Will probably be a routine home win, emphasis on probably as, once or twice a season Neil Lennon's Celtic sides tend to pull an absolute shit fest of a performance unexpectedly out of the bag, hopefully the Livingston game a few weeks back was the last in a long time. 

Difficult to make a case here for the Paisley Buddies to get a result here, a side who are struggling to score goals but, in fairness aren't shipping them in at the other end compared to other sides in the bottom half. 

A relatively drama free 3-0 home win, with Christie, McGregor and Eduoard scoring. 

There's a theory that our goal difference is only ok so far because we've yet to play you.

I'd settle for a non-tanking, tbh.

Would expect Celtic to make quite a few changes for this after the last 2 games they’ve played and with the semi coming up on Saturday.

That said I’m still expecting us to be well beat but hopefully not a 5 or 6 nil demolition job that they seem to enjoy handing out at parkhead these days.

Biggest issue for us is keeping Celtic from scoring in the first 10-15 mins , if we concede early doors I think we’re in for a long night. 

Or we win one nil with a og from Jack Hendry who’s only playing cos it’s only St Mirren. 

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

I shall not be attending this game due to family commitments.

I fully expect you to do double the amount of singing about the IRA.

2 nil The Champions.

Is this the first time Lennon and Goodwin have come face-to-face as managers? 

The certainly exchanged 'words' when Goodwin was still playing for us. (I thought it was an awright challenge, tbh. Firm but fair.)

Edited by Coventry Saint

49 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Hesgoal/Celtic tv for me with obviously the sound turned down. 

Can only hope Celtic have an off night and we put in our best performance of the season to date. 

Will you be wearing your St Mirren pyjamas?

We just aren't scoring enough and defending well enough away from home to even think we can take something. I mean we've lost every away game so far. I think the best we can hope for is avoiding one of those 5+ goal tankings that you can get at both Ibrox and Parkhead. 

Only chance of us taking something is if we manage to keep a clean sheet. Not completely impossible, but unlikely.

I reckon Celtic will get a goal after 10/15mins, we'll then defend well and probably have a couple of spells where we have some pressure, some crosses into the box to get our hopes up, but no clear cut chances. Celtic will then get a second about 75/80mins and kill the game.

I'm depressing myself even thinking about it.