Peterhead v Raith Rovers

19 minutes ago, TxRover said:

We don’t know if we’re cash positive or negative at this point.

We’re joint second after 1/3 of the season.

Oh what basis is this statement about affordability made?

Wasn't it fairly well publicised that Rovers lost a huge whack during their first season back in L1? (Figure I seem to remember was £200k odd) The wage budget may well have been cut and the deficit reduced but I'd be shocked if the Rovers were running anywhere near even.

6 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Wasn't it fairly well publicised that Rovers lost a huge whack during their first season back in L1? (Figure I seem to remember was £200k odd) The wage budget may well have been cut and the deficit reduced but I'd be shocked if the Rovers were running anywhere near even.

God yes, we’re about £800k in the red with the last books I saw. That being said, we still have solid attendance and season tickets plus a less expensive team. Thus my question about where the statement about losses comes from, because it is entirely possible that RR are running much closer to even, if not even.

God yes, we’re about £800k in the red with the last books I saw. That being said, we still have solid attendance and season tickets plus a less expensive team. Thus my question about where the statement about losses comes from, because it is entirely possible that RR are running much closer to even, if not even.
Along with £4k + pm from the fans scheme.

The Board planned to breakeven this season but season tickets were about 40 down, there will have been considerable medical bills, plus we have brought in two replacement players.

Apart from that there are times when large bills have to be paid that are greater than available funds. Rovers sometimes have to rely on large donors & fundraising.

• 2 months later...
On 03/11/2019 at 15:47, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Ross Munro is actually a brilliant keeper and made some outstanding saves as of late yet got dropped a couple of weeks ago for some weird reason that only McGlynn knows.

He is definitely not brilliant. If you want to win the league I'd be looking in this dept to improve.