Peterhead v Raith Rovers

We should have two Andersons back for this one, which puts us in a much better position with regards to selecting a team. With a question mark over Spencer and no Hendry though we could be looking at a makeshift midfield.

Can you still get a drink at half time?

After the 3-0 Scottish Cup debacle under Barry fucking Smith (how does he keep getting gigs? Now Forfar ffs!) I swore I would never be back at Balmoor. Thankfully I can't make it this weekend so can keep to that. I remember that day being the coldest I have ever been at a game of football - didn't manage to feel properly warm again until the Monday. Brutal.

The Anderson's back is a big bonus. But can't help feel our title push ended on Friday afternoon and its all about drifting through to try and fluke the play offs. As always I think we will score, but we have been leaking goals again. So the biggest question is whether we can keep a clean sheet.

2 - 1 (please be 0 - lot's of goals)

If Hendy and Spencer are out in midfield it’ll be interesting to see how we line up. 

If McGlynn can maintain a title challenge  with all the long-term injuries we’re carrying it’ll be some achievement. I wouldn’t blame him if that challenge was beyond him.

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

Can see us putting Miller into midfield alongside Matthews if Spencer isn’t going to be fit. Not so sure having McKay or Watson at RB is a great idea though.

Beggars can’t be choosers...but with a back five, Watson at wingback doesn’t terrify me as much.

So far we have not laid a glove on Raith in the previous two games the difference this time round apart from being at home is we should have Rory playing for the first time against them, both the previous games we had nobody capable of taking the ball in & holding it, in the other games the ball just kept coming back at us & after losing early goals it was one way traffic. We have been struggling to get a result whether playing ok or poorly & really need to  turn a corner shortly. Hopefully we give Raith a game on Saturday but need a result first & foremost.

Having just watched the highlights of the Dumbarton v P'heid game I am surprised P' heid came away without a point!!

I know it was only highlights, BUT, on chances created it could have 4/5-1 to The Blue Toon.

Need to be careful with this one, potential bananae skin!!

If Spencer is struggling i'd like to see Tait in the midfield as well.  He has always looked confident when hes come on and against Falkirk in the cup he had a great game.  No doubt though McGlynn might opt for Miller with McKay right back.  Hendry missing is a blow but both Andersons back should give us a confidence boost.

5 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Having just watched the highlights of the Dumbarton v P'heid game I am surprised P' heid came away without a point!!

I know it was only highlights, BUT, on chances created it could have 4/5-1 to The Blue Toon.

Need to be careful with this one, potential bananae skin!!

Watched that last night and was surprised how many good chances Rory had ,  on another day he would have buried at least 2 of them..Really struggling just now for a win but doubt it will come on  saturday..Hope thats Raith now cursed..

McGlynn has said his preferred formation is 4-2-3-1 but with Sando returning I’d like to see us revert to the back 5 here.

With the players available at the moment I think we are probably better suited to a 5-4-1 than the 5-3-2. I’d like to see us line up:

McGurn

Miller-Davo-Sando-Bene-MacDonald

Armstrong-Matthews-Spencer-Dingwall

Bowie

Subs: Munro, McKay, Tait, Gullan, Smith, Baird, G. Anderson. 

Centre of midfield is obviously very light but despite the injuries we still have a lot of very decent options in the wide and attacking areas. 

Edited by R.R.FC

Even without the exalted talents of Vaughan and Hendry if we can keep those available (at present) fit then we have some really good options available.

There are lots of possibilities formation wise from 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 to 3-2-2-2-1-1. It all depends on how imaginative / adventurous we can be and how well we can adapt to change. I've no doubt there is still enough quality there even missing the two (arguably) best players in the league.

McGlynn has played Steven Anderson, Davidson and Benedictus when they’ve all been available - only exception Clyde away, with a half-fit Bene on the bench.

You’d expect us to go back to the 5 at the back, with Dingwall or Gullan in the number 10 role, but a real McGlynnism has always been playing his best available 11 players regardless of what position they actually play in.

We’ll see what happens I guess...

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

If your driving up, join the Aberdeen bypass at Stonehaven. Knocks a good 20/30 mins off the journey and you'll be 70mph all the way to Ellon. 

Average speed cameras between Dundee and Aberdeen also. 

Aye the APWR has made a huge difference, without pushing it you can go from Stonehaven end to Ellon in 35 minutes. Last week roadworks north side of Dundee and also around Brechin both parts were just using one side of the carriageway but traffic seemed to move along with 50 & 30mph restrictions

With Peterhead being second bottom, and despite our injury list, this fixture is approaching a MUST win.
If we can just keep winning then Falkirk and / or East Fife will trip up somewhere.  
We have to make it count on Saturday.