The Terrors vs The Jags

Yup agree with the latter points there. 

It's a form of arrogance from other fans of United calling us woeful all the time, it's not strictly untrue but I don't think enough credit is being given to other teams. 

We aren't always shite because we are playing shite, we aren't doing as well because other teams are matching our performance. 

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Yup agree with the latter points there. 

It's a form of arrogance from other fans of United calling us woeful all the time, it's not strictly untrue but I don't think enough credit is being given to other teams. 

We aren't always shite because we are playing shite, we aren't doing as well because other teams are matching our performance. 

Do you think Alloa, QoTS and Arbroath "matched our performance"?

Arrogance would be we deserve to win because we are Dundee United.

Expecting a team with these resources to win is completely reasonable.

Edited by invergowrie arab

Hold on, surely people arent defending our performance last night? Outplayed and outfought at home by a team rooted at the bottom of the table and pumped from Arbroath on Sat yet people seem to be trying to make excuses. Lets get one thing straight, these horror shows are becoming more frequent and sooner rather than later, these games will start going against us

28 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Hold on, surely people arent defending our performance last night? Outplayed and outfought at home by a team rooted at the bottom of the table and pumped from Arbroath on Sat yet people seem to be trying to make excuses. Lets get one thing straight, these horror shows are becoming more frequent and sooner rather than later, these games will start going against us

This.

The “we got the three points and that’s all that matters” fans are missing the point big time.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

This.

The “we got the three points and that’s all that matters” fans are missing the point big time.

I get this, but would you rather we had outfought and outplayed Thistle yesterday but lost the game?

Positives. We won despite having to completely change our game plan after 42 seconds, we kept a clean sheet, despite reverting to a makeshift defence, and having a midfield with King in it, Mccall knows very well how to set up sides to beat us, and he didn’t yesterday. Great Ball from Appere and great finish.

Negatives.  We played poorly as a team, King, (Just King) Mcmullan was dreadful again.

Since hounding the Dees,  we have lost 3 games, and given every other team an opportunity to gain ground on us, yet they haven’t. We haven’t been knocked  off top even for a moment since day 1 of the season,  as everyone’s form is all over the place, and anyone can beat anyone on any given day in this league. Also, in this time, the Dees have only gained 1 point on us.

I am sure that the team are aware they didn't play very well, and I’m not being happy clappy. If the last 3 years of misery have thought me anything it’s that we are not shoe ins to win this league, despite the vastly superior budget etc. I am happy that we are a margin ahead of where we were this time last year. If we do start playing like we did yesterday and actually dropping points, then I’ll start getting as upset as some on here tend to be at the moment. Hopefully they sort it out. Next 2 games will see what they are made of.

Finally, I guess for the people who are slating the team/performances etc just now, my question is: What is your solution?

Edited by MacArab

5 minutes ago, MacArab said:

I get this, but would you rather we had outfought and outplayed Thistle yesterday but lost the game?

Positives. We won despite having to completely change our game plan after 42 seconds, we kept a clean sheet, despite reverting to a makeshift defence, and having a midfield with King in it, Mccall knows very well how to set up sides to beat us, and he didn’t yesterday. Great Ball from Appere and great finish.

Negatives.  We played poorly as a team, King, (Just King) Mcmullan was dreadful again.

Since hounding the Dees,  we have lost 3 games, and given every other team an opportunity to gain ground on us, yet they haven’t. We haven’t been knocked  off top even for a moment since day 1 of the season,  as everyone’s form is all over the place, and anyone can beat anyone on any given day in this league. Also, in this time, the Dees have only gained 1 point on us.

I am sure that the team are aware they didn't play very well, and I’m not being happy clappy. If the last 3 years of misery have thought me anything it’s that we are not shoe in’s to win this league, despite the vastly superior budget etc, am I am happy that we are a margin ahead of where we were this time last year. If we do start playing like we did yesterday and actually dropping points, then I’ll start getting as upset as some on here tend to be at the moment. Hopefully they sort it out. Next 2 games will see what they are made of.

Finally, I guess for the people who are slating the team/performances etc just now, my question is: What is your solution?

Certainly not spunking more money sacking another manager, paying off another load of players then signing a new load because the next shite manager needs his own team.  We just have to get behind the team and hope that the other teams cut each other’s throats and our home form is enough to scrape us to promotion. 

27 minutes ago, MacArab said:

I have edited your post so I can respond to the two points.

The answer to the first is no, but it’s a very infantile response to my post.

The answer to the second point is that I don’t have a solution, if I did I’d maybe be in football management.  My concern about Neilson is the same that it was last season, he doesn’t seem to accept when performances are sub par or be able to do anything about it.  Given the resources that he’s had had from the board the team is still lacking.  

I don’t expect us to be rolling over the opposition week after week but if we keep playing poorly we will pay the price.  The solution, and responsibility, must lie with the manager.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The answer to the second point is that I don’t have a solution, if I did I’d maybe be in football management.  My concern about Neilson is the same that it was last season, he doesn’t seem to accept when performances are sub par or be able to do anything about it.  Given the resources that he’s had had from the board the team is still lacking.  

I don’t expect us to be rolling over the opposition week after week but if we keep playing poorly we will pay the price.  The solution, and responsibility, must lie with the manager.

My infantile response was a rhetorical question Granny.

I agree that responsibility lies ultimately with the manager, however to use the old cliche, it’s a results driven business, and at the moment his results are better than everyone else’s. (As they should be). When they are not, I’ll be right with you.

Everyone is entitled to criticise as they see fit (and I have already made my own criticisms from last night) ; I choose to be happy that we won and hope that where there were shortfalls, these can be addressed before Saturday.

15 hours ago, Reid said:

We were much better than saturday and unlucky not to get anything as it was an even game. Shankland the difference between the teams.

Shankland and to a  lesser degree Dobbie are the difference between most teams in this league. We are going to struggle until McCall can get us a half decent striker in. Will be difficult in January. Personally I would be sounding out Hibs for Olly Shaw. If you don’t ask you don’t get and despite Hibs current struggles he has only been on the bench for most games this season

Edited by Sting777

They do say that winning ugly is the first sign of a league winning side. The fact that you seem to be playing so poorly yet are still winning has to be a good thing for you lot surely? The obvious concern is that Shankland gets injured as he’s the only one digging you out at the minute.

20 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Certainly not spunking more money sacking another manager, paying off another load of players then signing a new load because the next shite manager needs his own team.  We just have to get behind the team and hope that the other teams cut each other’s throats and our home form is enough to scrape us to promotion. 

Agree with this. We have hit a rough patch of form but if we can keep the losses to a minimum, especially the next 2 games, And get players back to full fitness I can see us holding on to top spot.