The Terrors vs The Jags

We were mostly pish tonight tbh. Pass marks for Shankland, Robson and Butcher only.

Smith had a stinker tonight, while McMullan's biggest contribution was when he properly McMullaned that opportunity on goal that was gifted to him in the first half by hitting it straight at the keeper with the outside of his boot. Fantastic cross for the goal aside, I thought Appere struggled on the wing. Partick's winger and full back were getting past him way too easily.

Alarmingly, I can't decide who contributed less tonight; Pawlett or King.

Also, that free kick against us at the end for off-side taken in our half? Ffs referee and linesman. (Edit: Or I have no idea what I'm talking about.)

Edited by captainkev

We played in the same manner we played last season and the one previous to that. Shankland worked hard doing defensive duties, winning the ball in midfield , and eventually getting the goal. He put a few to shame with his work rate, effort and commitment. We were so off the boil in the middle of the park it was frightening. King brought nothing to that game and I was relieved when he was subbed.
At least we managed to grind out a result but must do better.

As I said at the start of the thread; any win will do; and I stand by that first and foremost.

We can't expect to be smashing teams every week, not in this league, (especially when we play much of the game with as good as 10 men.*)

Look at Alloa and Queens who pumped us, both  get stuffed tonight, by teams we have despatched with ease already this season. There is no sure wins in this league and results like tonight's, winning even when we are utter pish, could be the difference between ultimate success or failure.

On anorher note, I am usually a big fan of Mcmullan, but don't know what the f**k has been up with him recently. Hope he gets his act together soon as he is a vital player for us.

Again, Shankland has been the difference and we need to pray he stays fit, as if he does, there is only 1 team winning this league, and they wear tangerine and black.

* Adam King 😞

Some folk on here need to fucking cheer up. We won, it's 3 points and we're still 3 clear at the top of the league. Good Crowd too. Not a great performance, but ffs come on we had to make a change after 41 seconds - talk about the game plan down the drain.

Also Adam King is pish.

Two big games coming up, unpopular opinion, but I'd take two draws. Probably the two toughest games we'll have all season.

4 hours ago, MacArab said:

Again, Shankland has been the difference and we need to pray he stays fit, as if he does, there is only 1 team winning this league, and they wear tangerine and black.

How are you coming to that conclusion? Shankland played in a team last season where he was banging them in and they didn't win the league. By the sounds of it the majority of the rest of your team are shite and you're grinding out results in spite of poor performances. That's not going to last over the course of an entire season.

When was the last time a team won the league that had fans moaning about the performances week after week?  

5 hours ago, Dee Man said:

How are you coming to that conclusion? Shankland played in a team last season where he was banging them in and they didn't win the league. By the sounds of it the majority of the rest of your team are shite and you're grinding out results in spite of poor performances. That's not going to last over the course of an entire season.

When was the last time a team won the league that had fans moaning about the performances week after week?  

Let’s get some perspective here.

After 11 games we are top of the league with 24 points having won 8 of them, with a comfortable goal difference advantage and a 100% record at Tannadice. Any sane Arab would have bitten your hand off at the start of the season to be In this position at this stage of the season.

Most of us are not moaning week after week; we certainly weren’t, following the utter pumping of ICT, you lot and Morton, as well as a an excellent away win in Dunfermline, and a great second half display to win at Partick. While we didn’t knock the lights out against the Pars at the weekend, it was still a comfortable win. Less so last night, and of course, the same with the the win against Arbroath, but as I mentioned  previously, its winning when you are not playing well that  gets the hard points on the board that win titles.

Equally, people seem to forget that there are 2 teams of 11 men on the park, and often the opposition’s performance has something to do with how well we play. Thistle were very decent yesterday, and deserved something from the game, and credit has to be given to other teams (especially Allo and QOS) for the way they played against us. You have to give United credit for the fact that despite a performance that McCall was immensely proud of from his payers, they came away with nothing last night. Teams are not just going to lie down and let us f**k them all season, and I am expecting many more games like last night before the season is done.

Our team is not shite. (Except Adam King)  We have decent players who are on high wages who are not all living up to expectations, and people are calling them out on this. We have as good, or better a tram as any other in the league, and certainly a deeper squad, which Ayr did not have last season.  Having Shankland and keeping him fit is vital to our promotion chances, as in many games, he will  be the difference between 1 point and 3; that’s my point.

Edited by MacArab