Junior attendances 2019/20

Burnieclub78

Weekend att / headcount 10/11/19

After 3 weeks I am currently getting figures for around 50% of games, positive start. 

Well over 10,000 spectators counted in just 3 weeks, could be a lot higher if we can fill in missing. 

Any help with missing would be greatly appreciated thanks.

IMG_20191111_160126.JPG

IMG_20191111_160059.JPG

Having watched the Tallbot for a good few years now I thought I had a decent grasp of the crowds we get, and guesstimated an average of between 400 and 500 bar the bigger games.

On Saturday, against Forth Wanderers my good friend Isa (and I know she's not the best person to guess crowds!) and I decided to head count. We'd both reckoned by a quick glance of the crowd that it was probably our worst home crowd of the season, but once we'd done the head count each and come out around the 430 to 450 mark we both realised that it was obvious we have been getting higher average crowds than we'd previously thought. Not Isa's wild predictions, obviously, but with a realisation that our average home crowd is probably more around the 500 to 600 mark than 400 to 500.

Certainly not going to do a headcount for the Arbroath game, but will definitely look at future home games and see what's what.

Edited by TFW

My headcount during the first half at Cumbernauld Utd - Kilbirnie Ladeside on Sunday was 183 ...stood outside - I didn't also go into the bar during play to add-up how many had stayed in the warm, watching it through the windows!

Attending as a neutral, there were others of my ilk getting their 2nd (or 3rd after Friday) fix of the weekend. But I was surprised it hadn't drawn more curious onlookers from other clubs' fanbases - I had expected more of a crowd. No doubt would have been a bigger turnout had the OF not both been playing on Sunday.

Superb mince-&-haggis pie by the way! And an excellent programme, for only a poond.

22 hours ago, TFW said:

Having watched the Tallbot for a good few years now I thought I had a decent grasp of the crowds we get, and guesstimated an average of between 400 and 500 bar the bigger games.

On Saturday, against Forth Wanderers my good friend Isa (and I know she's not the best person to guess crowds!) and I decided to head count. We'd both reckoned by a quick glance of the crowd that it was probably our worst home crowd of the season, but once we'd done the head count each and come out around the 430 to 450 mark we both realised that it was obvious we have been getting higher average crowds than we'd previously thought. Not Isa's wild predictions, obviously, but with a realisation that our average home crowd is probably more around the 500 to 600 mark than 400 to 500.

Certainly not going to do a headcount for the Arbroath game, but will definitely look at future home games and see what's what.

It would be very interesting if Auchinleck gave actual home attendances every game as a barometer of the grade.

Just an interesting one but fingers crossed a west development league takes off at u20 when clubs go for their license.

Clydebank Development squad vs Stenhousemuir last night attracted over 150. Would be some great Friday night games in the region.

On 11/11/2019 at 16:41, Burnieclub78 said:

Weekend att / headcount 10/11/19

After 3 weeks I am currently getting figures for around 50% of games, positive start. 

Well over 10,000 spectators counted in just 3 weeks, could be a lot higher if we can fill in missing. 

Any help with missing would be greatly appreciated thanks.

IMG_20191111_160126.JPG

IMG_20191111_160059.JPG

Arthurlie v Irvine Vics.... 150?

Impossible to count at Loch Park today for the Glens vs Talbot game as I wasn't up at the top of the stand. Being right in the middle of the Talbot support I'd have put it at about the 200 to 250 mark. Counted 180 from the clubhouse through to the standside where the Glens fans were, so attendance probably 400 plus, but not by too much.