Junior attendances 2019/20

Burnieclub78

No glory hunters up our way. Our crowds have been constant whether we have been in the top league or in the second tier. Same hard-core of fans who go home and away.

Feel that’s a bit harsh - over 40% of our fan base are under 21’s and belong to a small town so their local
team is something they can connect with. It’s hard enough these days to try and keep kids off the streets, so we will do what we can to encourage more and retain existing. Yes it’s no surprise that we have vastly improved our facilities both on/off the park which in turn has attracted better players. It’s a long term plan and not for a quick gain, so you know what we will continue to improve and hopefully attract more support because we want to build something the whole toon can be proud of. Who knows maybe in the near future we can possibly have our own grassroots academy etc which would be the vision but a good bit down the road. Think the above response is more plausible as to why we have an upturn in support and not that we are glory hunters, after all we aint won anything of footballing importance [emoji106]

On 26/01/2020 at 21:52, peasy23 said:
On 26/01/2020 at 20:18, Lokloyal said:
Can anyone actually share the official gates as declared for the junior cup ties please?

Would be easy for the SJFA to publish them once they receive all the official returns.

Have they ever done that?

39 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
On 01/02/2020 at 20:38, Footballfirst said:
Head count at Darvel v Petershill was 404 if you don't get an official figure.

305 was the official return.....

It was definitely quite a bit more.

I have a photo taken just at the start of the 2nd half with 168 between the stand and covered enclosure.  I had counted 125 on the terracing side a during the first half.  There were another 75 in the corner with the bar and pie stands. plus a number of random others plus kids playing about behind the enclosure and on the grass bank nearest the stand. 

That may be the paying attendance. I don't know if kids got in free though.

Edited by Footballfirst

47 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
On 01/02/2020 at 20:38, Footballfirst said:
Head count at Darvel v Petershill was 404 if you don't get an official figure.

305 was the official return.....

Figure I look for should include free entry, kids, helpers, committee, paying etc. A general headcount of all. 

Figure I look for should include free entry, kids, helpers, committee, paying etc. A general headcount of all. 
I don't believe for a minute there were 100 more than paid in, one of our guys clicked everybody that came through the turnstile and got around 330.

20 hours ago, Burnieclub78 said:

Weekend attendance / headcount 1/2/20

Quite a few tbc so any help with these would be greatly appreciated thanks.

IMG_20200204_205313.JPG

Sauchie CFC v Lochgelly : played at Xcite 3G Linlithgow; I headcounted 27 of us behind the spectator barrier.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Have Sauchie CFC played home games at 3 different venues now? Sauchie, Grangemouth and now Xcite Linlithgow?

They also used Alloa Athletic's Inodrill Stadium (3G) vs Bo'ness CFC.

They have had to go elsewhere whenever the EoSFL first team have also been given a Saturday Home fixture. The first team were away on Saturday, but general sogginess of Beechwood caused the move to Xcite.

3 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

Some folk are clearly exaggerating attendances here. Absolutely no way were there 365 at the buffs/meadow game.

The headcount I got for Kilwinning v Meadow was from someone who has supplied me many figures over past couple of years. Someone I believe I can trust. 

21 hours ago, peasy23 said:
22 hours ago, Burnieclub78 said:

I don't believe for a minute there were 100 more than paid in, one of our guys clicked everybody that came through the turnstile and got around 330.

I think there is a great deal of exaggeration in most of these “headcount” figures.Unless there is a ticketed attendance take most of them with large punches of salt!

29 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

I think there is a great deal of exaggeration in most of these “headcount” figures.Unless there is a ticketed attendance take most of them with large punches of salt!

Most of " these " headcount figures are around or under 100. Most figures given will be there or thereabouts. This exercise is not official attendance with ticket count only or counting through the gate only. Everyone on spectators side of barriers should be counted as a spectator.  A physical count around the ground with a clicker of heads will give a more accurate fig and may well surprise many with how many spectators are in ground. Yes there may well be some inflated figures given but they will be the minority. When they are they usually do get called out. This is still early days with this but I believe with a bit more time and more clubs help the figures will become more and more accurate as we go on. 

12 hours ago, Burnieclub78 said:

Most of " these " headcount figures are around or under 100. Most figures given will be there or thereabouts. This exercise is not official attendance with ticket count only or counting through the gate only. Everyone on spectators side of barriers should be counted as a spectator.  A physical count around the ground with a clicker of heads will give a more accurate fig and may well surprise many with how many spectators are in ground. Yes there may well be some inflated figures given but they will be the minority. When they are they usually do get called out. This is still early days with this but I believe with a bit more time and more clubs help the figures will become more and more accurate as we go on. 

To what end though? I actually think it could be problematic for future sponsorship if said potential sponsors see just how low the footfall can be.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

To what end though? I actually think it could be problematic for future sponsorship if said potential sponsors see just how low the footfall can be.

Ok then let's look at it this way.

I have figures from 459 junior games ( only started collating end Oct approx) 

Total spectators counted so far 65,113

Average att / headcount across all junior regions 142, league & all cups.

I am missing figures from 264 games since I started. Let's multiply this by average and add to total counted so far. Over 102,000. If I had figures from beginning of season to now we would be possibly looking at a cumulative att fig of well over 200,000 for all junior regions to date. 

Let's take all the west region 

48270 counted so far from 250 games

Average att 193

100 games missing figures since I started so let's multiply by average and add to total giving around 67,570 cumulative total att ( mind this is only from October so figure for West would easily top 100,000 by now with figures from all games)

I'm fairly confident that possible sponsors would like to see cumulative att / headcount over a season of say 200,000 / 300,000 and average att / headcount of 142 all regions or 193 West region. All leagues, regions, clubs would have stats and spreadsheets to use to help with sponsorship / advertising or what ever each see fit. 

All att / headcount will do if all clubs supply headcount of all on spectators side of barriers is give all stats to use.

This is why I believe every count from say 30 to 300 + are all just as important as each other. They all do their bit to get to your cumulative total. This total is imo one of many positive tools to have. 

Only take the positives to potential sponsors 

Edited by Burnieclub78