Junior attendances 2019/20

Burnieclub78

44 minutes ago, Burnieclub78 said:

Average att this season to date of 493, very healthy. Many clubs in Scotland would bite your right hand off for these numbers. 

You're right but the average has been higher, considerably, in recent seasons. We're particularly dependent on a significant floating support. Any midweek game can plummet below the 400 mark, very occasionally below 200.

5 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

Don’t talk pish. Like any team, there is a large Celtic/Rangers contingent within the Pollok fan base. One look through twitter proves it.

Total nonsense.Lok fans follow the team to get away from the Old Firm bile.Unlike unconnected glory hunters from deepest Ayrshire.

8 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

Says a Lowland Leaguer

It is a laugh considering that Lok despite average success have a regular weekly support bigger than any junior side in Scotland.Auchinleck have inflated gates for cup ties which as seen recently against Arbroath aren’t that great but don’t publish or record weekly league gates.When Lok were relegated a few years back the average gate still was incredibly impressive.

11 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

You clearly don’t.

Says a man whose team from the darkest recesses of Ayrshire wear Rangers colours....Try invigorating your own support to get behind their local junior team or local senior team.Neither have anything to do with the locals of Irvine.

On 10/12/2019 at 18:22, cmontheloknow said:

You're right but the average has been higher, considerably, in recent seasons. We're particularly dependent on a significant floating support. Any midweek game can plummet below the 400 mark, very occasionally below 200.

Ps 493 average is league & cups

543 is average for league ( from 7 games I have figures)

That's still a very good regular Pollok support. 

Edited by Burnieclub78

35 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Says a man whose team from the darkest recesses of Ayrshire wear Rangers colours....Try invigorating your own support to get behind their local junior team or local senior team.Neither have anything to do with the locals of Irvine.

You seem like a really bitter old man. My team never came into it.

I started supporting meadow to get away from the Glasgow bigots.

And Irvine is hardly the darkest recess of Ayrshire. Right in the coast in north Ayrshire. Would rather live here than in your Glasgow slums.

Edited by .Stuart.

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

Those of us who are real Glaswegians follow our local junior team and don’t give a shit about the Old Firm and their poison.The pretend glory hunters with no connection to Glasgow or the Old Firm have no excuse.

Not a dig but let's be honest, a lot of Junior fans will be supporters or even season ticket holders elsewhere. I personally know Pollok fans who go along to Ibrox when Rangers are playing at home. Are they any less a Pollok fan? They support a major Senior football team in the biggest city in Scotland and when that team is playing away they go and watch Pollok. I respect these guys. They are genuine old timers from a working class background. They ain't zoomers or bigots. They like Pollok and a Glasgow Senior team. What's the big deal? There will plenty of other Junior fans who support various Senior clubs. I was once a regular at Shawfield many moons ago. Does that bar me from going along to Newlandsfield?

1 hour ago, Burnieclub78 said:

Excellent, thanks for your help. 

1 hour ago, Burnieclub78 said:

Excellent, thanks for your help. 

On 11/12/2019 at 21:30, Lokloyal said:

It is a laugh considering that Lok despite average success have a regular weekly support bigger than any junior side in Scotland.Auchinleck have inflated gates for cup ties which as seen recently against Arbroath aren’t that great but don’t publish or record weekly league gates.When Lok were relegated a few years back the average gate still was incredibly impressive.

Canny get rid of the bumff above but a rough headcount at Troon on Saturday from my position was about 310