Junior attendances 2019/20

Burnieclub78

Spreadsheets with totals, games and averages for league and cup games.

Almost 30,000 spectators counted.

23,328 West region 

4725 East region 

1702 north region 

These figures would be far higher if I get figures from all games.

These stats and spreadsheets are for all clubs and leagues to use if they so wish.

IMG_20191128_083314.JPG

IMG_20191128_083338.JPG

IMG_20191128_083243.JPG

IMG_20191128_083223.JPG

IMG_20191128_083156.JPG

On 27/11/2019 at 10:27, Hillonearth said:

There can be a big gulf between paying attendance and numbers on the terracing for a variety of reasons – I remember we had a final at Lochburn a few years back where the paying gate was 900-odd. Cue the predictable “Oh no, there were definitely 1100-odd there…”

There were. But only 900-odd paid in.

It’s normally fairly obvious when attendance figures are inflated – wasn’t there a SoS club when this exercise was first carried out on the senior forums who were claiming regular 200+ crowds when the reality was that they were lucky if they were getting a quarter of that?

On the subject, whoever supplied a figure of 180 for the Rossvale v Cumnock game a fortnight ago must have been counting people going in and out of the Asda across the road…I was there, and whilst I left at half time as I had a freebie for the Tunnock’s game along the road, I find it difficult to credit the crowd almost doubled in the second half!

Did you do a head count ? 

1 hour ago, Valemafia said:

Did you do a head count ? 

Yeah, about quarter of an hour in - I was in the stand, so it was pretty easy. It was a baltic day, so I'll concede them may have been a few folk elected not to emerge from the social club but the gulf between the 95 I counted (and previously posted on this thread) and a figure double that was too stark a difference to escape comment.

17 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Yeah, about quarter of an hour in - I was in the stand, so it was pretty easy. It was a baltic day, so I'll concede them may have been a few folk elected not to emerge from the social club but the gulf between the 95 I counted (and previously posted on this thread) and a figure double that was too stark a difference to escape comment.

On average you could take a good guess at Junior crowds with some basic knowledge thrown in by going along to various grounds over a couple of seasons. Pollok seem to regularly get 500ish at an average league game. Did i notice 1800 at one Pollok home game this season? Obviously Talbot big cup runs must be taken into account, 900+ at home v Arbroath, nice one. We've probably got about 10 clubs in the West that get 200+ at an average league game at home. Followed by another 10 clubs that get anywhere between 100 and 200. That leaves the rest with a 100 or less. There are clubs out there getting  30/40 off pitch. An average league Saturday total attendance in the West might be 7000/8000 for the 63 teams. 20 odd teams are bringing the bulk of that crowd in. There's a rumour going around that one club gets nothing from the gate money be it 20 or 2000 paying in. The ground owner keeps the gate/shop money and pays any monies on the day ie the referee.

On 28/11/2019 at 17:05, Hillonearth said:

So gate receipts and headcount of both committees taken into consideration including kids ?

7 hours ago, Valemafia said:

So gate receipts and headcount of both committees taken into consideration including kids ?

No, purely a headcount of people watching the game from the spectators' side of the barriers....

Y'know, the figure we were actually asked to provide on this thread?

Thought there was a decent crowd at the game today n heard an auld boy say it's the busiest hed seen the club takeaway aw season.

So far this season Talbot have provided the 2nd largest gate for Largs Thistle. This is based on gate amount (money) - so if it's mostly OAPs the gate amount might be less but those attending greater.
1 Pollok
2 Auchinleck Talbot
3 Kilbirnie Ladeside
4 Beith Juniors
Clydebank and Irvine Meadow X1 have still to visit and going by previous season's gates they may replace Beith Juniors.

22 minutes ago, buffy1899 said:

Thought there was a decent crowd at the game today n heard an auld boy say it's the busiest hed seen the club takeaway aw season.

A decent amount of neutrals with most of the games off means it's the second biggest gate for Theesel this season. Maybe about ten people behind the Pollok gate. As I've no breakdown of adults/OAPs it's hard to tell. Similarly I can't tell what the attendance is. Going by my formula of adding on maybe 40 for season ticket holders, 30 officials of both clubs and 40 or 50 kids let in for free and it's up about 440-450. Swanny did a headcount in the first half and he got 410. He's normally above what I get.

Four coaches, one of which was the team but but it carries fans too. Folk up on the train, others like me in their cars, and a friend up from Dumfries on the bus, the same as the Falkirk Branch. I counted approximately 550. Up at Beechwood today and they confirmed it was a ballpark figure of 550 to 600, and that Rossvale were over the moon with the takings as they'd never had anything like it before.

1 hour ago, TFW said:

Up at Beechwood today and they confirmed it was a ballpark figure of 550 to 600, and that Rossvale were over the moon with the takings as they'd never had anything like it before.

They should know how many paid to get in as there should be tickets issued being a cup game. Add on an approximate figure for committees.

1 hour ago, TFW said:

Four coaches, one of which was the team but but it carries fans too. Folk up on the train, others like me in their cars, and a friend up from Dumfries on the bus, the same as the Falkirk Branch. I counted approximately 550. Up at Beechwood today and they confirmed it was a ballpark figure of 550 to 600, and that Rossvale were over the moon with the takings as they'd never had anything like it before.

Auchinleck really do have a fantastic travelling support and going by photos on social media they again took large numbers to Rossvale.  Also seen it this season at Kelty, Dundonald and Camelon.