Junior attendances 2019/20

Burnieclub78

6 hours ago, spit said:

Interesting to see Larkhall saying, 300 people, split gate money says somebody somewhere can't count,???

Figure wasn't given by club, it was from estimates given by spectators. Also the figure I look for should include all on spectators side of barriers including free entry, kids, helpers, committee etc. 

Edited by Burnieclub78

Figure wasn't given by club, it was from estimates given by spectators. Also the figure I look for should include all on spectators side of barriers including free entry, kids, helpers, committee etc. 
So if spectators pull a figure out of thin air you'll except it, so this sat, Glenafton v irvine meadow, 1400, Bridge of don v Fauldhouse 832, there's your first 2 fixtures sorted, what's the point in collecting figures if there not accurate,

32 minutes ago, spit said:
2 hours ago, Burnieclub78 said:

So if spectators pull a figure out of thin air you'll except it, so this sat, Glenafton v irvine meadow, 1400, Bridge of don v Fauldhouse 832, there's your first 2 fixtures sorted, what's the point in collecting figures if there not accurate,

Attendance / headcount is a guide to how well non league football is supported. It's not official att. Vast majority of figures given are imo fairly accurate.  If figures given are miles out then what happens is fellow spectators call it out and quite rightly so.  As we go forward we would hope to see more and more accurate figures. This all depends on whether clubs wish to take part of course. It seems to have worked fairly well over past two seasons.  Yes there will always be discrepancies with counts and depending on size of crowd then to be out by 10/20/30 odd isn't unheard of or unexpected. 

As said previously if all can be counted on spectators side of barriers then that imo gives a more accurate fig. Gate receipt counts only are of no interest to me. 

Lugar v Annbank I reckon about 60 punters

Still looking for attendance / headcount for following from weekend if anyone can help?
Kilbirnie Ladeside v Kilwinning 
Arthurlie v Irvine Victoria 
Craigmark v Whitletts Victoria 
Cumbernauld Utd v Shotts Bon Accord 
Dalry Th v Renfrew 
Greenock Juniors v Ardrossan 
Lanark Utd v Royal Albert 
Port Glasgow v Maryhill 
shettleston v East Kilbride Th
Lugar Boswell v Annbank Utd
Maybole v Saltcoats
Sauchie Juniors v Stoneyburn 
Bathgate Th v Whitburn 
Kirkcaldy & Dysart v Rosyth
Scone Th v Luncarty
Blairgowrie v Brechin Vics 
Dundee Violet v Forfar West End
Linlithgow Rose CFC v Livingston Utd
East end v Beith
Hurlford Utd v Benburb 
Johnstone Burgh v St Rochs 
Kirriemuir v Tayport 
Larkhall Th v Kello 
Neilston v Lochee Utd
Stoneywood v Ashfield
Banchory St Ternan v Hermes
Banks o Dee v Deveronside
Culter v Colony Park
Nairn St Ninian v Montrose Roselea 
Buchanhaven v Stonehaven
Fraserburgh Utd v Buckie Rovers
Sunnybank v Aberdeen Uni 

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Never mentioned officials only match expenses. Which is lifted from within section 33 of the Scottish Cup rules.

Fair do’s, but you were quoting a guy who did so it was implied 😉
Thought I’d chuck it in for interest as to my knowledge it’s the only competition in the non-League, except maybe local cup finals, where the club doesn’t have to go in and pay the ref at the end.

There can be a big gulf between paying attendance and numbers on the terracing for a variety of reasons – I remember we had a final at Lochburn a few years back where the paying gate was 900-odd. Cue the predictable “Oh no, there were definitely 1100-odd there…”

There were. But only 900-odd paid in.

It’s normally fairly obvious when attendance figures are inflated – wasn’t there a SoS club when this exercise was first carried out on the senior forums who were claiming regular 200+ crowds when the reality was that they were lucky if they were getting a quarter of that?

On the subject, whoever supplied a figure of 180 for the Rossvale v Cumnock game a fortnight ago must have been counting people going in and out of the Asda across the road…I was there, and whilst I left at half time as I had a freebie for the Tunnock’s game along the road, I find it difficult to credit the crowd almost doubled in the second half!

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

It’s normally fairly obvious when attendance figures are inflated – wasn’t there a SoS club when this exercise was first carried out on the senior forums who were claiming regular 200+ crowds when the reality was that they were lucky if they were getting a quarter of that?

Looking back at last year's thread it doesn't seem to have been as bad as that. Nithsdale's numbers of a 100 & 150 got called out. Which are certainly numbers achievable on a good day but usually average 50 odd.

Out of 63 clubs in the West, only about 10 teams would take any away support of any notice to a league game. A Junior Cup tie might bring out a few extra bodies. The club treasurers could name the teams with any sizeable support. Sizeable support would be anything above a bus load.

I saw a game in Glasgow a couple of seasons back were the entire away support was the club chairman and his grandson. The crowd that day was 29 people.