Junior attendances 2019/20

Burnieclub78

Games I am still looking for att / headcount Sat 16th Nov if anyone can help?

Kilwinning Rangers v Clydebank 

Troon v Hurlford Utd

Blantyre Vics v Cumbernauld Utd

Irvine Vics v Dalry Th

Renfrew v Darvel 

Ardrossan Winton v Lanark Utd

Kello Rovers v Bellshill Ath 

Larkhall Th v Girvan

Royal Albert v Lesmahagow 

Annbank Utd v Thorniewood Utd

Ardeer Th v Vale of Leven

Saltcoats Vics v Newmains Utd

Yoker Ath v Lugar Boswell Th 

Broughty Ath v Dundee NE

Carnoustie v Tayport 

Downfield v Scone Th

Forfar WE v Lochee Utd

Kirriemuir v Luncarty

Armadale Th v Kennoway Star

Whitburn v Harthill 

West Calder v Sauchie Juniors

Arbroath Vics v Lochee Harp 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ps if I do get fig from clubs I will go with fig given by club in first instance. 

1 hour ago, Burnieclub78 said:

Games I am still looking for att / headcount Sat 16th Nov if anyone can help?

Kilwinning Rangers v Clydebank 

Troon v Hurlford Utd

Blantyre Vics v Cumbernauld Utd

Irvine Vics v Dalry Th

Renfrew v Darvel 

Ardrossan Winton v Lanark Utd

Kello Rovers v Bellshill Ath 

Larkhall Th v Girvan

Royal Albert v Lesmahagow 

Annbank Utd v Thorniewood Utd

Ardeer Th v Vale of Leven

Saltcoats Vics v Newmains Utd

Yoker Ath v Lugar Boswell Th 

Broughty Ath v Dundee NE

Carnoustie v Tayport 

Downfield v Scone Th

Forfar WE v Lochee Utd

Kirriemuir v Luncarty

Armadale Th v Kennoway Star

Whitburn v Harthill 

West Calder v Sauchie Juniors

Arbroath Vics v Lochee Harp 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ps if I do get fig from clubs I will go with fig given by club in first instance. 

Kilwinning v clydebank  350 

On 28/10/2019 at 12:33, drs said:

BSC v Lochee - around 150 (there were 80 or so in the stand, excluding the committee seats (and what a massive committee Lochee appear to have!) and then slightly less than that standing and the railway end terracing and Gazebo were roped off and thus of bounds at the Wreck yesterday.

See Lochee have now been fined £750 for the first game by the SFA.

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 306: Team Lines — clubs shall observe the terms of Competition Rule 14.

Principal hearing date: Thursday 14 November 2019

Outcome: £750 fine payable within 30 days of the hearing date.

Edited by drs

Weekend att / headcount 16/11/19

As previously stated if I get figures from clubs I use them in first instance. 

Thank you to everyone for your help and if anyone can help with missing that would be great thanks.

Well over 100 games in the last few weeks have att / headcount figures and now have a little bit more history recorded. 

IMG_20191119_164308.JPG

IMG_20191119_164236.JPG

IMG_20191119_164214.JPG

On 17 November 2019 at 22:42, outsider said:

I tried a head count 10 mins from time and got about 100, that was counting everyone behind the barrier including the kids.

Think some of estimates are not as honest as you're own attempt. Think a few are adding on the 22 players, subs and referee.

17 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

Absolutely no chance were there only 200 at Largs v Meadow.

I think the figure would be closer to 200 than the 280 you suggested.

EDIT : This is based on how many paid to get in plus an approximate figure for season tickets as I know some weren't present. If you're adding on committees and kids let in for free (as suggested below) then it probably is creeping up towards your figure.

Edited by theesel1994

Still early days with this but the hope is as time goes on and fingers crossed more clubs get involved, attendance / headcount figures become more and more accurate.  If headcount is done at all games with everyone counted on spectators side of barriers including free entry, kids, paying, helpers, committee etc we should see fairly accurate figures.  Also this gives most accurate fig for att if all are counted other than playing, match officials and dugouts. 

The stats are really a guide to how well non league is supported. Stats and spreadsheets can then be used by all clubs and leagues to help if they so wish to use them. 

Positive start but the hard work is keeping it going and growing. 

Considering the level the Juniors are playing at (below the various Senior leagues and with very very limited access to the big Scottish Cup) the attendances are an interesting reflection on semi professional football at local level in Scotland. It's obvious most of the top average crowds in the West come from the Premiership. Of course in the days when sponsorship is massively needed for funding the gate money might not be the be all and end of the financial side of running a football club. Cue Rossvale, every game played somewhere else and the gate would just about cover the officials. Hard to judge how a Rossvale attendance tells us much about anything other to judge the size of the away support. There's no connection between Rossvale's relative success and crowd figures compared to say Pollok where gate receipts are a major source of the club's monies.

The calculation of gates should one would hope be relatively straightforward if clubs used and recorded numbered tickets and I have often wondered why most junior sides-including major teams-have not bothered keeping these or wanting to know how they were doing crowd wise.

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

The calculation of gates should one would hope be relatively straightforward if clubs used and recorded numbered tickets and I have often wondered why most junior sides-including major teams-have not bothered keeping these or wanting to know how they were doing crowd wise.

Mainly because of the hassle and lack of bodies to help. I know at Largs they sell programmes and raffles at the same time as gate entry so they only use tickets when required for cup games where the gate money is shared.

2 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Mainly because of the hassle and lack of bodies to help. I know at Largs they sell programmes and raffles at the same time as gate entry so they only use tickets when required for cup games where the gate money is shared.

Totally agree that finding the extra body to volunteer for this can be difficult with other jobs to do on match day. Whichever way that works for each club is fine and hugely appreciated.  The important thing is to try and get as many as possible doing headcount or whatever way suits each club best to calculate & supply figures.  

On 19 November 2019 at 18:39, Burnieclub78 said:

Weekend att / headcount 16/11/19

As previously stated if I get figures from clubs I use them in first instance. 

Thank you to everyone for your help and if anyone can help with missing that would be great thanks.

Well over 100 games in the last few weeks have att / headcount figures and now have a little bit more history recorded. 

IMG_20191119_164308.JPG

IMG_20191119_164236.JPG

IMG_20191119_164214.JPG

Looking at the West it's obvious the higher up leagues you are the better chance of a crowd in most cases. One noticeable disappointment was the Cambuslang Rangers v Gartcairn attendance. The nine goals are online and you can clearly see the almost empty covered enclosure and behind both goals. Whoever posted 70 punters was honest. Sad to see that low figure considering the effort being put in to pick up the reins after recent events at Cambuslang. The lower the crowd the lower the pool of potential volunteers. It's noticeable most of the more successful clubs can have anything up to 20/30 volunteers when and where needed. Last time i was at Pollok there was 8 people at the entrance alone between gatemen, raffle and programme seller.