Junior attendances 2019/20

Burnieclub78

I assume he was the one taking a piss against the burger van in full view of everyone in the stand rather than going to the toilets like normal decent human beings!

Like most Junior clubs, the only gates that shows the Talbot attendances are in the Scottish Cup, and Junior Cup Final. The post author'll be aware of these though.

Junior Cup attendances are not the great attraction they were at Beechwood when I first started going there in 1991-92. In those days they were basically 24 hour parties because of the club's success in 86, 87, 88 and 91. The away followings were a thing to behold as well. In the 1992-93 season Talbot did include attendances, but this has never been repeated. Though as the programme editor noted, they were mainly guesstimates.

Talbot will nowadays have home attendances of between 400 and 600, depending on opposition. It was great to see Lanark United bring a sizeable support, probably 300 to 350 to Beechwood for the League Cup Final this year, and to contribute to a four figure crowd. I was lamenting the lack of four figure crowds for league games at Beechwood nowadays, and think that the last one was probably vs Maryhill in 2005-06 when we won the league on the Tuesday night match. Very few clubs bring sizeable support to Auchinleck, Clydebank always do and it's good to be playing them on Saturday as there's usually a good atmosphere generated. Pollok always travel well as do Kilbirnie

I'd be interested in the attendance figures to see which clubs have their largest attendances when playing Talbot. Quite a few I would imagine by virtue of our travelling support.

15 minutes ago, TFW said:

Like most Junior clubs, the only gates that shows the Talbot attendances are in the Scottish Cup, and Junior Cup Final. The post author'll be aware of these though.

Junior Cup attendances are not the great attraction they were at Beechwood when I first started going there in 1991-92. In those days they were basically 24 hour parties because of the club's success in 86, 87, 88 and 91. The away followings were a thing to behold as well. In the 1992-93 season Talbot did include attendances, but this has never been repeated. Though as the programme editor noted, they were mainly guesstimates.

Talbot will nowadays have home attendances of between 400 and 600, depending on opposition. It was great to see Lanark United bring a sizeable support, probably 300 to 350 to Beechwood for the League Cup Final this year, and to contribute to a four figure crowd. I was lamenting the lack of four figure crowds for league games at Beechwood nowadays, and think that the last one was probably vs Maryhill in 2005-06 when we won the league on the Tuesday night match. Very few clubs bring sizeable support to Auchinleck, Clydebank always do and it's good to be playing them on Saturday as there's usually a good atmosphere generated. Pollok always travel well as do Kilbirnie

I'd be interested in the attendance figures to see which clubs have their largest attendances when playing Talbot. Quite a few I would imagine by virtue of our travelling support.

The general style of the figures given is headcounts in place of those not available.

If ATFC wanted to release crowds they could. Pollok count every home game - not difficult. Numbered raffle tickets for sales and a clicker for the members gate.

Edited by cmontheloknow

brechin v annan last sat in scottish cup 258
living the dream

What’s your point?

Broxburn v Cowdenbeath. Att 1059
Penicuik v Stenhousemuir. Att 1249

Of course both clubs would be getting the same crowds if they had stayed in the juniors.

attendances last sat were awful at all grounds imo

no old firm also, its a myth if u think neutrals go to see a game if their team isn't playing

just think if even 5% of old firm supporters out of the 100,000 combined who watch them every game

went last sat to watch a senior/  lowland/junior/scottish cup tie .

seniors don't help themselves either

plenty of empty seats at pittodrie, try getting there for 12.15 by train from glasgow

also this wed night   fixture man has   hamilton v aberdeen   ross co v rangers 

surely it would have been better to have hamilton play rangers &  ross co play aberdeen

no wonder crowds are diminishing.  cant blame sky or bt for that scheduling

1 hour ago, nicotina said:

very surprised this sat also

linlithgow only charged £4 + £2 for our scottish cup game

plus no linesman either .  diabolical for a 3rd scottish cup tie imo

I guess LRCFC can be forgiven for under-charging as it is their first season in the Juniors though I would assume PFC made it clear that a fiver should have been charged...

" The charge for admission to all ties prior to the Quarter- Finalsshall be a minimum of £5 and £2 for Children and Senior Citizensand for the Quarter Finals a minimum of £7 and £3.50 respectively "

http://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/resources/documents/SJFAFiles/DocumentsandDownloads/Constitution&Rules/SJFA Constitution Rules 2019-20.pdf

p20

The lack of officials... can away team insist or is it down to home team to do it? They will not usually have them for home games I guess.

6 hours ago, TFW said:

So far this season Talbot have provided the 2nd largest gate for Largs Thistle. This is based on gate amount (money) - so if it's mostly OAPs the gate amount might be less but those attending greater.

1 Pollok

2 Auchinleck Talbot

3 Kilbirnie Ladeside

4 Beith Juniors

Clydebank and Irvine Meadow X1 have still to visit and going by previous season's gates they may replace Beith Juniors.

BSC v Lochee - around 150 (there were 80 or so in the stand, excluding the committee seats (and what a massive committee Lochee appear to have!) and then slightly less than that standing and the railway end terracing and Gazebo were roped off and thus of bounds at the Wreck yesterday.
I was there n what a rubbish game of football that was i left at 2-0 went back 2 the pub lol

Mon the papers

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

I was there n what a rubbish game of football that was i left at 2-0 went back 2 the pub lol

Mon the papers

Indeed, we were in the same bar (and on the same train) afterwards. Assuming you had the blue Clydebank t-shirt.

And a special shout out to the Thistle Bar in Alloa which is a proper pub and not one of those bowfin Spoons or Belhaven chain monstrosities.

31 minutes ago, maggotman said:

Why don’t Talbot give out league attendance figures? Is it so the taxman doesn’t find out how much income they have or how much they spend on brown envelopes with players names on them? Or is that an untrue, nasty rumour? 

Nasty rumour that spongeheads soak up. It's like the rumour that some clubs  hold a raffle in 600+ crowds and put up £30 worth of supermarket drink as prizes.

2 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Nasty rumour that spongeheads soak up. It's like the rumour that some clubs  hold a raffle in 600+ crowds and put up £30 worth of supermarket drink as prizes.

There is nothing anywhere that says the raffle prizes have to equal the amount taken. The raffle is to raise money for the club.

16 hours ago, nicotina said:

attendances last sat were awful at all grounds imo

no old firm also, its a myth if u think neutrals go to see a game if their team isn't playing

just think if even 5% of old firm supporters out of the 100,000 combined who watch them every game

went last sat to watch a senior/  lowland/junior/scottish cup tie .

seniors don't help themselves either

plenty of empty seats at pittodrie, try getting there for 12.15 by train from glasgow

also this wed night   fixture man has   hamilton v aberdeen   ross co v rangers 

surely it would have been better to have hamilton play rangers &  ross co play aberdeen

no wonder crowds are diminishing.  cant blame sky or bt for that scheduling

Aberdeen to Hamilton is roughly the same distance as Aberdeen to Dingwall. And regardless, are you suggesting that those two sides have to face each other in every single midweek fixture card?