Junior attendances 2019/20

Burnieclub78

I collate attendance / headcount for all clubs in Lowland, Highland, East of Scotland and South of Scotland league and cups.

I am now looking to collate attendance / headcount for all Juniors clubs league & cup games. A general headcount should include everyone on spectators side of barriers including free entry, paying, kids, helpers, committee etc. 

Any help with getting figures would be great. If I can get figures from clubs in the first instance that's the fig I go with. If not I would look for supporters help with headcount. 

Any help from Saturday would be great. I do already have figures from 20+ games. 

1 hour ago, Burnieclub78 said:

I collate attendance / headcount for all clubs in Lowland, Highland, East of Scotland and South of Scotland league and cups.

I am now looking to collate attendance / headcount for all Juniors clubs league & cup games. A general headcount should include everyone on spectators side of barriers including free entry, paying, kids, helpers, committee etc. 

Any help with getting figures would be great. If I can get figures from clubs in the first instance that's the fig I go with. If not I would look for supporters help with headcount. 

Any help from Saturday would be great. I do already have figures from 20+ games. 

Should be easy enough if you get the replies.

The lower leagues in the West are hardly likely to take more than a minute or two to count.

Would be curious to know what the top 12 best supported Juniors in the West are.

Pollok must be up there No.1 even accounting for Talbot's cup runs.

I've seen teams get promotion to the top league with an average of 50 fans a game.

Should be easy enough if you get the replies. The lower leagues in the West are hardly likely to take more than a minute or two to count.

Would be curious to know what the top 12 best supported Juniors in the West are.

I've seen teams get promotion to the top league with an average of 50 fans a game.

Most clubs attendances are generally affected by a number of things.

How big the game is

The opposition

The weather

What other games are on in the local area.

Our attendances dipped slightly after our relegation a few years ago mainly because no one brought a support to meadow park.

Meadow also see a drop in attendances after getting knocked out the Scottish. Strangely, there are a number of folk that only ever seem to attend Scottish cup games. League and WOS doesn’t have the same lure for the local population.

I’ve been following Burniemans stats in the Lowland league section for a while and it’s interesting to see the likes of Tranent, Penicuik, Bonnyriggs attendances increasing massively after moving over to the senior game.

4 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

Most clubs attendances are generally affected by a number of things.

How big the game is

The opposition

The weather

What other games are on in the local area.

Our attendances dipped slightly after our relegation a few years ago mainly because no one brought a support to meadow park.

Meadow also see a drop in attendances after getting knocked out the Scottish. Strangely, there are a number of folk that only ever seem to attend Scottish cup games. League and WOS doesn’t have the same lure for the local population.

I’ve been following Burniemans stats in the Lowland league section for a while and it’s interesting to see the likes of Tranent, Penicuik, Bonnyriggs attendances increasing massively after moving over to the senior game.

Heard someone say a certain team had a 200% increase. Sounded amazing. Until you realised they'd went from 20 to 60 people.

Erm,...I can spot several points of potential inaccuracy in the above, Stuart...but the gist of the thing is perhaps correct.
Seems a strange hobby, but each to their own and all that.

What did I say that was inaccurate?

Or how many punters you can persuade to leave the pub

Should be easy enough if you get the replies.
The lower leagues in the West are hardly likely to take more than a minute or two to count.

1 hour ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Am I the only one smelling a rat here?
Why would someone affiliated to a club that left the Juniors behind want to collate attendances at Junior games?

It should be just you. Since he started doing this last year people have asked if he'd be willing to do the Highland League and Juniors.

You can look at through the history of PnB and find multiple season threads asking what attendances are like out with the SPFL. This just scratches that itch for those interested.

3 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Am I the only one smelling a rat here?
Why would someone affiliated to a club that left the Juniors behind want to collate attendances at Junior games?

I just have an interest in non league crowds. Stats could be useful to clubs and leagues. 

Example: from the 20+ Junior games I have managed to get figures from at the weekend, average att is 151.  Obviously the more games I can get figures from the better.  Stats can then be available for individual clubs and leagues. 

This shows a very healthy support out there for many clubs imo. 

From last season the Lowland,  East of Scotland and South of Scotland had 150,000+ spectators total. 

Stats and information that clubs and leagues could use if they so wish.

Edited by Burnieclub78

BSC v Lochee - around 150 (there were 80 or so in the stand, excluding the committee seats (and what a massive committee Lochee appear to have!) and then slightly less than that standing and the railway end terracing and Gazebo were roped off and thus of bounds at the Wreck yesterday.

5 minutes ago, drs said:

BSC v Lochee - around 150 (there were 80 or so in the stand, excluding the committee seats (and what a massive committee Lochee appear to have!) and then slightly less than that standing and the railway end terracing and Gazebo were roped off and thus of bounds at the Wreck yesterday.

I assume their sizable committee was -1 as this was a trip into in the land of 'milk and honey'?