The Binos v Cowdenbeath

Same old story from us but just can’t score, that’s 5 goals in 10 games now. Created chances and our failure in front of goal cost us 2 points. Cowdenbeath apart from hitting the post in the first couple of minutes did not do much. Onwards to Saturday when we face Albion Rovers at home, got to get the win but we have to score and on present form think our strikers would struggle to score in a barrel of fannies tbh.

32 minutes ago, big al said:

Stirling far more comfortable in possession and could easily have won that game. Thankfully they are a bit powder upfront although we did defend well at times too.

The big keeper had 3/4 good stops and won us the point really.

Thats only the 2nd time I have seen the 2 hearts lads, and both times Hamilton has been far more influential than Smith. Hope the young lad keeps going though, can see he likes to run at defences with the ball and hopefully he will find ways to hurt teams and grow as a player. 
Also thought Swann was decent, as he was Saturday and gives us some creativity when he can.

I think I seen Swann deliver 1 cross tonight? 

A bit fortunate in the end getting a point. Looked like a definite penalty to Stirling for handball. Also Dabrowski made vital saves.

We have possession, but still far too often we just lump it forward instead of passing it up the pitch. We make it too easy for the opposition defence. The final ball upfront is terrible and we don't look like scoring because of it. Coxy in particular is shocking at passing, but he does get the odd goal.

Renton actually did quite well, but mainly when defending. He made a vital block when it looked certain that the Stirling player would power a header in and then another last gasp clearance when the Stirling player would have been clean through. He blocked a close range effort and also cleared from a corner. Looked certain to score a header in the second half as well, but Coxy jumped in front of him and headed a ball over that was always looking too high for him to score from.

Allan not on long enough to change things. He needs to start games. He is starting to get frustrated at lack of playing time.

Still disappointed with Buchanan. You forget he is on the pitch at times. He is capable of much more. Maybe he just doesn't like the position he is playing in.

As said before, our defence is making the difference for us, but we need to be much more effective upfront.

Did the ref forget his cards?

8 hours ago, Bluebrazilcfc said:

I think I seen Swann deliver 1 cross tonight? 

You must not have been watching then. He put the ball on a plate for renton in first 2 mins. Also delivered a great cross 2nd half getting to the byeline. He did deliver more crosses also but they were pish.

The game was rotten. Stirling powder puff up front but overall were slightly better team. When we got chances to break and in good positions we chose wrong options or it broke down due to zero ability on the ball.(frustrating)

Hamilton and Todd close for MOTM for me but im gonna go Todd.

Jordan Allan should have been on 10-15 mins before he was. Our goalkeeper needs to work on his kicking from a standing start with no pressure as well as knock backs from certain angles.

Referee done ok. Harvey swann had a good defensive game tonight...

Maybe I’m more frustrated with Swann then, when he got to the byline and put the cross in last night in the second half it looked almost effortless, I just feel He didn’t do it enough when he had opportunities to do so. Hopefully with a run in the team confidence will grow and we will as more of that. 
Thought young Sneddon did well, big opportunity to score in first half but panicked and blazed over. Coxy again was poor last night, wouldn’t mind seeing him dropped for Allan but can’t see it happening. 

20 hours ago, PELE said:

A bit fortunate in the end getting a point. Looked like a definite penalty to Stirling for handball. Also Dabrowski made vital saves.

We have possession, but still far too often we just lump it forward instead of passing it up the pitch. We make it too easy for the opposition defence. The final ball upfront is terrible and we don't look like scoring because of it. Coxy in particular is shocking at passing, but he does get the odd goal.

Renton actually did quite well, but mainly when defending. He made a vital block when it looked certain that the Stirling player would power a header in and then another last gasp clearance when the Stirling player would have been clean through. He blocked a close range effort and also cleared from a corner. Looked certain to score a header in the second half as well, but Coxy jumped in front of him and headed a ball over that was always looking too high for him to score from.

Allan not on long enough to change things. He needs to start games. He is starting to get frustrated at lack of playing time.

Still disappointed with Buchanan. You forget he is on the pitch at times. He is capable of much more. Maybe he just doesn't like the position he is playing in.

As said before, our defence is making the difference for us, but we need to be much more effective upfront.

Did the ref forget his cards?

We could have had 3 penalties - clear handball and two assaults on Danny Jardine in the box by the keeper.  Are players/keepers allowed to plough through players in the box and flatten them?  The ref then gave free kicks to the Cowdenbeath keeper which was astonishing.    

I like the lad Cox for Cowden, decent player. 

Edited by Mountain Goat Stirling A

We could have had 3 penalties - clear handball and two assaults on Danny Jardine in the box by the keeper.  Are players/keepers allowed to plough through players in the box and flatten them?  The ref then gave free kicks to the Cowdenbeath keeper which was astonishing.    

Or maybe there were two fouls on the keeper and nothing astonishing about the decisions at all and the ball hit a player's arm which was by his side in a completely natural position.

Very bad troll found.

Point is stll decent, away from home, Stirling in the hunt for points , so was always going to be tough, best of luck to Stirling in your next round of fixtures, i like the set up there but it's bigger fish to fry on Saturday now & I'd never rule Cowden out of doing the 3 points at Central Park on Saturday, frustrate Cove and make it tough for them and they won't enjoy their afternoon!

18 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:
20 hours ago, Mountain Goat Stirling A said:

Very bad troll found.

Noticed a few names of Cowdenbeath fans on here...….

Super Cowden...…...Rangers song.

Cowden Loyal...…...Rangers and Ulster wording.

52 minutes ago, Mountain Goat Stirling A said:

Noticed a few names of Cowdenbeath fans on here...….

Super Cowden...…...Rangers song.

Cowden Loyal...…...Rangers and Ulster wording.

Super Trooper - Abba song.

Loyal - Paloma Faith song.

I see the connection now! 

15 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

No silly “Denial” was by the Sugababes, you’ll get the hang of it soon. Good song though I agree! 

Joke away but quite sad. 

I remember a Falkirk fan telling me how they all support the Bairns and Celtic or Rangers.  This is not aimed at true Cowdenbeath supporters.