St Johnstone v Hearts, 30th October 2019

5 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Apparently Craig Levein has a reasonable record against St Johnstone.

Surprised if that’s true as I thought his record was pish against everybody apart from Hibs.

Last victory we had over him was a cup win in 2009/10, which doesnt really count as he was Dundee United manager and they're cursed to never beat us in a game that matters.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Saints will fancy this after getting a win at the weekend.

Reading between the lines of Levein's interview today, Aidy White will be on the bench at least, Walker, Meshino and Whelan will be on the bench, Damour might start, and it's too soon for Haring and Naismith - I think players are being saved for the weekend.

Home win. 

17 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Aidy White will be on the bench at least

Is that the left back who's only played 180 minutes in 32 months?...

*sounds Michael O'Halloran horn*

Just now, paranoid android said:

The very same.

Honk. 

I fully expect him to go full Sasa Papac and score the winning goal, likely after skinning three players.

We can talk about Saints underperforming but it pales into insignificance compared to to Hearts with the players they have. 

Can't get too carried away off the back of Saturday as this will be a tough test and - whilst the weekend wasn't the time to pick negatives - our central defence still looks very concerning. We've not faced Ikpeazu yet and Kerr and Duffy can't get drawn into a wrestling match with him.

I think from the manager's comments, he'd be happy with a point here. 

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Last victory we had over him was a cup win in 2009/10, which doesnt really count as he was Dundee United manager and they're cursed to never beat us in a game that matters.

The full record going back to a benefit game in 1902 is here

https://www.londonhearts.com/scores/tea/stjohnstone.html

St Johnstone's record win over Hearts is 3-0 which is unlikely to be bettered tonight although that's more likely than Hearts winning 8-2

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

40 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

So would I tbh.

Think Tommy is looking at a draw, so I expect we'll be back to one up front. Not seen a lot of Hearts this year but it seems to me there's more threat from the middle than wide. 

However I'd think we'll see the same or very similar players, perhaps as simple as Matty going to left wing and pushing Spoony more central to help deal with Uche/McLean, leaving May lonely up top. Maybe see Craig drafted in, maybe see MOH on the right. Doubt we'll see more than 2 changes though. 

I think this is what will happen. What I'd like to happen is for exactly the same team in exactly the same shape as Saturday and if forced into a change it would be MOH for Wright, but I actually think that this would be a better option as a substitution. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese
Illiteracy

2 hours ago, Radford said:

We've not faced Ikpeazu yet and Kerr and Duffy can't get drawn into a wrestling match with him.

Big Maddas is probably the only option we have to match him physically, just a shame he seems to be a bit deficient in other qualities required to handle what is a tricky striker.

5 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Same again my guess

And that's it official, last time we kept the same eleven we comfortably lost in their second game ..